Finally

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Postby sonny siskin » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ladies, I too have been losing weight. The roomie said we would have a contest==he to quit smoking and me to lose 15 lbs in one month. He originally thought I could lose 1 lb per day and I said nooooooooooo way. In two weeks I have lost 10 lbs and he has still not quit smoking.  Regardless of the roomie I will continue on my "winning" ways, I'm on a roll!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
people think they're having a problem with their horse, but in reality the horse is having a problem with the rider
sonny siskin
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Gemina » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:40 pm

I don't love lettuce either,ch. We eat lots of frozen veggies. I've been to a Weight Loss Clinic also. Had to weigh in every day!

Try something different. Have a really good tasting meal...it might bounce up your metabolism.

It took me four months to lose 20 lbs. That's about 1.25 lbs/week seemed to take forever.
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby chenders01 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 3:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, I don't weigh in EVERY day, Gemina.  I usually go twice a week to weigh in.  I think that going every day would become very discouraging, as your weight can fluctuate so much from one day to the next.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My hubby is doing a turkey tomorrow so I'm gonna splurge a little bit...turkey and stuffing and mashed potatoes...oh MY!! #ed_op#IMG onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/cheeky.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/cheeky.gif" align=absMiddle#ed_cl#  And of course, the obligatory salad...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's been 8 months for me to lose 50 and I still have 20 to go...and I Just Want Them GONE!!   #ed_op#IMG onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/angry.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/angry.gif" align=absMiddle#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Brianna » Thu Mar 24, 2005 8:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#Yea, Gem - not supposed to weigh in every day. Even twice a week is too much. I've been told it's supposed to be once a week...at the same time each week. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#I am very excited...I feel soooo great, lol. I'm bouncing off the walls right now because I went to the gym tonight and did a back and chest workout. My arms are still shaking, lol. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#Chenders - I do recommend changing your diet for a week to 10 days. Like I said, for almost 2 weeks, I have been *bad* and have only gone to the gym once or twice in that time. I felt guilty...but my metabolism has changed and is still working for me. I have also been taking an herbal metabolism booster called Chromium Picolinate since I started the diet/workout plan in early December. Don't know how much its really doing (I mean, I eat 6-7 times a day anyway, lmao) - but it's not hurting anything either. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Gemina » Fri Mar 25, 2005 11:54 am

Conditions have to be perfect before I weigh in. Mind and body, especially mind has to be in a good place.

The Weight Loss Clinic I went to years ago was set up to weigh in daily. It was a real pain mentally being obliged to go there daily. If I remember right, think I did lose weight.
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Great to hear ladies!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders- You probably need something to give your body a kickstart back into it. It's true, alot of people will loose alot of weight and then just hit the plateau. Either go off your diet for a few days, or I would say to do some extreme exercise for a few days. What has happened is that your body has adapted itself to your current diet, so it now wants to stay there. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Brianna » Sat Mar 26, 2005 8:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#Yep, I definitely think that is what happened to me - I couldn't believe I dropped that 5lbs in 2 weeks - especially when I wasn't sticking to my diet and wasn't working out regularly, I had been struggling with it since the middle of January!!!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Mon Mar 28, 2005 8:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well guys, I thought I'd give you all an update.  I didn't really follow my diet too closely the past 3 days and decided to go in and get weighed this morning on my way to work, and I was DOWN 3-1/4 pounds - Woohoo!!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl#  So, it looks as though my body finally decided to cooperate and get off the plateau it's been on.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've got to go out and buy some new clothes for work again though.  My pants are almost falling off of me!!  Only 14-1/2 more pounds to go, till I hit my goal weight!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Gemina » Mon Mar 28, 2005 10:14 am

You are sure getting to your goal, ch. If your slacks are falling down start a new mode and get suspenders. LOL :lol:
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon Mar 28, 2005 11:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very good Chenders!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think that must be the exciting part, is buying new clothes. For then, you truly know that you have made a difference. Keep it up!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby sonny siskin » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:31 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ladies I have lost another 4 lbs for a total of 14 lbs since 11 march.  The roomie is still smoking. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
people think they're having a problem with their horse, but in reality the horse is having a problem with the rider
sonny siskin
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Brianna » Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:18 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#lol, Sonny - that's awesome! Congrats! It's great you decided to stick to the deal...now you ought to make him stick to it, too!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby sonny siskin » Fri Apr 01, 2005 11:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I walk on egg shells with him as he is an Italian and very big on respect -when it comes to him. He can tell me to get my mouth wired shut to help me lose weight because he means it in a very nice way but I can't tell him anything.  So I smile and nod and say, yeah thats a good idea and carry on my way. Hey 14 lbs in three weeks is no accident.  Wait until I start really lifting weights!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
sonny siskin
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Gemina » Sun Aug 14, 2005 2:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well everyone, how are we doing today? It's about five months since we started this post. Of course, I wouldn't be back on here now if I didn't want to brag a bit. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Have now lost 25 lbs. so am at 130 and have been at this weight for the past couple of months. Is it true that your tummy shrinks?  Maybe it's because I eat lots of fibre especially at breakfast and it seems to keep me full longer. Still have a wee problem at nite so save some room for a couple of RyeVita crackers and peanut butter.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Would love to hear how you are all doing? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very good Gemina! What is your goal weight? You MUST be close!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:28 pm

Congratulations, Gemina. Awesome will power :)
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Gemina » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My goal was 135. Once I got over the plateau stage at about 140 it just started to get better so I continued to 130, size 12...at 5'3" it's about right for me.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby chenders01 » Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gemina, you've done an awesome job!  I remember discussing this issue months ago and you were really discouraged because you always ate in the evenings and that was what was keeping your weight on.  You obviously figured out how to get over that hurdle...so congrats to you!!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You asked how the rest of us have been doing.  Well...I have not been doing so great.  My goal was 70 pounds of weight loss.  The furthest I got was 62 pounds and that happened in May.  Since then, I have really lost my motivation and have not been able to lose the last 8 pounds.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I decided today that the ONLY way I'm going to get that last 8 pounds off is to exercise, so I went into "Curves" to see what their program is all about.  They weighed me and what a shock...I've gained back 5 pounds!!!  So, for sure, I have to do something to increase my exercise.  I've worked too darned hard and spent too much money, to gain all my weight back  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/6.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Has anyone else done "Curves" before??  I like the concept, as the machines are all hydraulic so you're not really lifting weights.  I also like that it only takes 30 minutes, three times a week.  I think I'm going to go for it!  My goal is to hit my original goal weight and then maybe try to lose another 10, which will put me at 140 pounds.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Gemina » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#CH, you've been doing very well. It seems we all hit a plateau, I know I did. As far as weighing in at Curves, I wouldn't worry too much. No two scales seems to be the same and I always weigh myself in the morning before breakfast. The other day just for fun I weighed in the middle of the day with my jeans and shirt on and was up 3 lbs. So the time you weigh in is very important as is using the same scale. Actually though, Curves may have just given you the jolt you need to get over your plateau. LOL I've not been to Curves but have used WWs, several times, Diet Centre, etc. etc.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kobau » Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I used to go to curves, and my sister works there and works out there. She has worked her way down from over 200 to about 175, and looks amazing. It has taken her about 1 and a bit to do it, but she is also walking nightly with her daughter or her hubby along with the curves workout. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I liked it because of the time, and because it was interval, and all women! for me that was actually a big deal....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#way to go for those that are meeting goals.. i've made it to 144 and lost inches which was very important to me.. starting to look riding fit right near the end of my season! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Previous

Return to EC Health Club