Weight Loss Tips??

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Weight Loss Tips??

Postby graciespook » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've been reading some of the weight loss threads, and whats the best way to lose weight? I have a food addiction, and would love tips on how to lose the pounds without a fad diet (atkins worked, but I can't make that a permanent lifestyle)!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby chenders01 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, I've written enough books on this topic on this BB, so I'll just say that the easiest way to lose weight is to increase your fruits and veggies and decrease your proteins and starches.  And drink lots of water.  And don't eat after 8pm.  And get lots of exercise.  It takes organization and discipline but you can do it.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#    #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't use a fad diet, you need to make a COMPLETE lifestyle change. Go through your cupboards and get rid of ALL the junk food (some snack are ok, like low fat pretzels, or fat free candy when you have the dire craving for some) and heavily processed foods and fill your house with healthy choice of fruits, veggies and pre-made healthy snack mixes. If it's not there to eat, then you can't eat it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Having things pre-made, whether it be fruit or veggies already cut up, nut mixes all ready prepared, ect, is a big help, because when most people eat the worst is when they're searching for something as a snack. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you aren't already, get on a routine of cardio work. It's stated that everyone needs atleast 30mins of physical activity EVERYday, so make sure you get that, and then add atleast 3 days of more intense cardio work like running, swimming, aerobics or biking.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to EC Health Club