skin issues

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

skin issues

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:29 am

#ed_op#DIV align=justify#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#a040ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#uggghhhh.... I hate zits#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV align=justify#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#a040ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV align=justify#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#a040ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#And the last few weeks I swear I have never had this many since I was like 14 and im almost 20. Its so gross and annoying, like arn't they supposed to go away when your finished growing? I can't possibly actually still be growning or changing when im 20. #ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV align=justify#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#a040ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV align=justify#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#a040ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#I eat really healthy which is another thing I dont get. Like I eat fruit, vegetables, salads ect. I eat dairy, meat, like everything helthy. I barely ever eat chips and stuff like that. I even drink healthy. Lots of water and juices and stuff. #ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV align=justify#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#a040ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV align=justify#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#a040ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#What else can I do? Does anyone know? I have a doctors appointment on friday so hopefully he will give me something or have suggestions. But seriously. I try and do everything I can think of, I even started taking vitamin a because that is supposed to help.  But its not really doing anything yet and Ive been taking it for 3 weeks.#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV align=justify#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#a040ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV align=justify#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#a040ff#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#Like, are there actual reasons im getting more now or something? Is there stuff I can do or eat to prevent it? Thi is so gross because that last time I had this many gross zits was when I was like 14..... seriously, since then its been really really mild, like 1 once in awhile or whatever.#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:24 am

A family member of mine started getting zits at 39.........There has
been a lot of misconception....like it has something to do with the way
that you eat, etc. Another thing that you can do to hinder the
situation is overclean. If you overclean your face, you strip away the
natural oils, and your body works extra hard to replace them, which may
result in oilier skin. I was blessed never to have more than the
occasional zit. I know the BC pill helps as well as other medications
prescribed by your doctor. Going to your doctor seems like the best
route right now. 
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby goldendryad » Wed Mar 16, 2005 10:06 am

#ed_op#span style="color: rgb(255, 128, 191);"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="4"#ed_cl#It could be a
number of things. I'm 22 and still struggling with pimples. I have oily
skin that is really reactive to stress and hormones. I always break out
before my period, and when I'm stressed. I also find that my skin
clears up when I leave the city and go home to the farm.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I have a friend who has always had great clear skin, until she went on
the birth control pill, and has since started breaking out. So the pill
could be a culprit.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I too eat mega healthy and everything, pimples do not come from the food you eat!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I have found that using a good facial cleanser, I use either cetaphil
or spectrojel....or both...with a little bit of apricot scrub exfoliant
mixed in every second day has worked for me. Both those cleansers are
very mild and will not strip or dry out your face. The scrub exfoliates
dead skin cells, which are what clog pores and make pimples.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
The doctor had me on an antibiotic to treat my pimples for years, but
it stopped working (and it's not good to be on something like that so
long). I went off of it, had a few bad breakouts, but now manage
alright.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
As for "spot" treatment, stuff you just put on the pimples...the doctor
may be able to give you some that will help get rid of them, and
prevent scarring. I've got clindoxyl gel and it has helped.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I know you've heard this, and I admit I'm guilty of it too...but try
not to pinch them. Put some spot treatment on them or something but
don't pinch. Pinching has made some of mine harder to get rid of.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Another tactic I've used is to go to a sauna and sweat out your pores.
Failing that....fill a bowl with boiling hot water, and either a mint
of chammomile tea bag. Drape a towel over your head and lightly steam
your face. Don't burn it though! Careful not too get too close, but it
opens up your pores for cleaning.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Hope I could help, I know how awful it is!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GD: I can't see you...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#MJ: I'm 35 and still get zits. Chocolate is the main reason for me now. Used to be hormones.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby DurhamJumper » Wed Mar 16, 2005 2:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#it can totally just be stress or if your rubbing the area more then usual, new face product, new soap, drinking less water#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've had the same problem never in my life have i had a problem with zits then the last few weeks my chin has been broken out like crazy#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm PM you with products to talk to you doctor about.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
DurhamJumper

Postby annie » Wed Mar 16, 2005 7:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Zits happen.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Some people always get them.  There are some medications that can help (including the pill for some people) but I would rather deal with some somewhat unsightly spots than pump chemicals into my body.  But that's just me.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just try and keep my skin clean and not pick when I do get zits.  The second part is hard!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The satisfaction of helping another human being is all the thanks I et cetera. - Homer
annie
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ugggh dj, that is where im getting them too its so gross, like around my chin and lower jaw. The most dumb places to have them too. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby goldendryad » Wed Mar 16, 2005 8:43 pm

Actually, I find that stress makes you have pimples along your lower
jaw and chin.....other things, like hormones, acne, etc...make pimples
on your cheeks, nose, forehead.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Most of my pimples are stress ones in those areas.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just a thought, Xena - you say they are around your chin and lower jaw.  Could it be from a chinstrap/harness on your helmet? or something else that's been rubbing on your face?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Unfortunately, zits don't go away when you get older.  I think it's darned unfair to have gray hair and still get them!  (not often, but sometimes!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#the pimples i get are usually hormone or stress related.. right before or during periods or when i'm stressing they come out. Also i have to be careful not to rub my face, since i when i rub my face lots i get way more zits... i get them around my hairline, nose and chin when i get them... course if i'm really stressed they show up on chest and back also..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#the BC pill cleared them up for me before but i'm on the orthotricyclen lo now and doesn't change the zit issues..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I use Oil of Olay cleanser, or clearasil with a mild exfoliant in it.. but at this time of year i have to make sure to use moisturizer no matter what cleaner i use#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Sat Mar 19, 2005 4:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Brace yourselves girls, I am still getting zits now and then....yes it is true, I used to have them regularly as a teen.  That is done and overwith but I still get a blind pimple now and then around the nose area mostly.  then of course I will get a whitehead somewhere sometimes....it is a never ending battle....I dont thing that anyone is safe fromt the Zit monster...lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Sun Mar 20, 2005 1:49 pm

LOL! If you think having a few pimples on your cheek is bad, try
getting one on your eye! On that lovely little rim just under your
lashes....talk about irritating. Nobody can see it, but boy, it's not a
fun place to have one. I had one of these a few days ago...and my first
one of this type was a year or so ago.
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Sun Mar 20, 2005 10:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmm if it were one or 2 it would be manageable but lately there are too many. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But I went to my doctor and he put me on alesse so hopefully that might help a bit. I was on tri-cyclene before. He also gave me some cream called stievamycin. So perhaps this will help out. Aparently it can make your face worse for the first week or 2 and then within 6-8 weeks your supposed to see a big difference. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyone have any info or experiences with alesse or this cream stuff? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Foxie » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was on alesse and I found that I ended up getting more zits and in places I never had before like my back. Yuck#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley11.gif"#ed_cl#. I'm on Othro Tri-cylcen. Works great. I use Pro-Active and I don't get even one zit now. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've never heard of the cream that your talking about. You really should look into this new light therapy that I saw on the news. You sit under a light and it kills the bacteria that causes zits. My Dero had it and he said that it really worked. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hope it clears up soon!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby draftdriver » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:08 pm

I'm over 50, and still get the occasional one. Never had a really serious problem with them, though. I'm using an Avon cleansing scrub once a week, which I really like. I don't wear makeup, and I splash water on my face and rub dry every time I wash my hands. I find that if I sleep with one hand on my face or chin, that's likely where one will pop up. So, I try to keep my hands under the pillows most of the time.
draftdriver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby DurhamJumper » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena - that cream is the from the same family as the one I was telling you about.  My doctor told me the same thing that it would make it worse and alot redder in the problem area before it got better but I was lucky it didnt, everything is clear so happy, and on a side note really cleared up the cut on my chin and no scaring but its still super itchy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#goldendryad - that so happened to me, I got one on my lower lash was sooo painful.  I often get them along my lower lip everyone thinks they are coldsores bugs me sooo much. hense why i went to get cream for them.  not that putting cream near your eye would be a good bet#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
DurhamJumper

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#DJ: are you still using that cream? Or did you stop using it already? Ive heard stuff about some creams and things working while your on them but as soon as you stop the zits come back.... ??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby DurhamJumper » Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm still using it but thats because its suppose to get rid of the red around my nose too (rosasa or whatever its called).  As far as the pimples they have been gone for a week or so and havent returned, also got rid of the cut I had on my lip got the infection right out.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
DurhamJumper

Postby goldendryad » Tue Mar 22, 2005 10:51 am

I think I've been on stevemyacin before....way back when...it's quite
strong. I don't think I liked it for some reason or other, but can't
remember why. Is it a gel?
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Mar 22, 2005 12:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I bet you didnt like it because it burns like a mother and dries your face out reaaaaallllyyyy bad haha. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I thought I was having a bad reaction to it, but then I read the package and it said thats all normal#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to EC Health Club