Stretch Marks

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Stretch Marks

Postby Terry3025 » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am a very fair skinned person and have been noticing that I've been getting some stretch marks on my body, mainly my upper thighs, behind my knees and the top of my calf.  I went to my doctor and he said that they happen because of weight loss.  The thing is I wear a kilt everyday to school (private school with dress code) and everyone can see them.  Is there any way to get rid of them?  I put on Vitamin E cream everyday which is supposed to fade the marks away, but it hasn't been working.  My doctor said that they should eventually go away.  Any suggestions?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby Ridingdouds » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:55 am

The marks will fade over time and become rather white. They will
becomehardly noticeable, especially if you have fair skin. I got mine
when Iwas around 15 and thought I would never get over them. But now
tenyears later I couldnt care less :)
Ridingdouds
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Fri Mar 18, 2005 11:57 am

Someone mentioned to me that coconut oil helps to. Keeps the skin elastic, and prevents stretch marks. 
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Judy F » Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:17 pm

A friend of mine used olive oil to avoid stretch marks when she was pregnant. BEing a a very small person, she was really worried about them and the olive oil worked beautifully. I have just read about it again somewhere recently.

You massage the olive oil in every night at bedtime. It isn't 'oily' as some other types of oils.
To ride well is the mark of a gentleman. To ride too well is the sign of a mis-spent youth. Athena the owl in "Outfoxed" by Rita Mae Brown.
-- Distrust any enterprises that require new clothes. EM Forster
Judy F
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Marty_Jones » Mon Mar 21, 2005 1:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had the same problem as you Terry So I went to good old Wal Mart and bought some #ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#Coco butter#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl#(NOT coconut) I have no strechmarks anymore. I use it evertime after I shower. I love it the cream give it a try you'll be happy you did!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby DurhamJumper » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#MJ - do you know the exact name of the cream you use.  I've tried everything and nothing has gotten rid of mine.  Believe it or not mine are on my breast area, went up two sizes in a month a year ago so i hate wearing low cut shirts and i finally can.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
DurhamJumper

Postby Marty_Jones » Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#DJ I had that problem too. Its called Simply Basic Cocoa Butter I bought it at Wall Mart. Its So awsome I love it and you dont need to use too much so it lasts a long time.  Good Luck Girls!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Terry3025 » Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I tried the Cocoa butter but ended up with a rash after I used it.  I now stick to Vitamin E cream which the doctor said would dim the appearance of the marks.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby Arcadia » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Stretch marks will never go away, they will fade tho'#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Since the skin within the stretch mark is now technically damaged and has lost it's "form" we are unfortunately stuck with them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#They will fade over time from the angry red to almost transparent.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Arcadia
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Marty_Jones » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have also heard of a cream for stretch marks but I cant remember the name. Its spacifically made for them. Its in magazines too, might even be at Wal Mart...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby stephanie1 » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My sister and I used this stuff called BIOTHERM, it worked really well for her can even see her strech marks anymore. I stopped using it just cause Im lazy and always forgot to put it on.LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think that cocoa butter helps prevent them form coming, not so much helps them go any(maybe Im wrong)  when I was pergnant I used it for my stomach and didnt get any. Worked really good.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Bolton,Ontario
stephanie1
Groupie
Groupie

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've heard of this stuff, which I saw at Shopper's Drug Mart before (no idea what it's called) but its for getting rid of things like scaring on the skin. You could look into something like that.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby annie » Tue Apr 05, 2005 10:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Stretch marks are just a fact of life.  And believe me, if Ridingdouds has them, then there is NO ONE who doesn't.  They do fade and the skin should tighten a bit with time.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The satisfaction of helping another human being is all the thanks I et cetera. - Homer
annie
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ridingdouds » Wed Apr 06, 2005 9:06 pm

LOL annie. I even got them on my friggin knees #ed_op#img src="richedit/smileys/Shocked/1.gif"#ed_cl#
Ridingdouds
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby annie » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Woah! Knees... I've never heard of that! My stomach was the worst hit, personally.  Bleh.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The satisfaction of helping another human being is all the thanks I et cetera. - Homer
annie
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby amadeo » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've got a bunch of them on the insides of my upper thighs. How, I don't know, but they're there, and they're annoying.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses are life. The rest is just details.
<a href="http://community.webshots.com/user/amadaii">Webshots Album</a>
amadeo
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Arcadia » Thu Apr 14, 2005 11:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You will get them from a quick growth spurt, gaining and losing weight.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~Enough about me, let's talk about you~~
Arcadia
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to EC Health Club