marty...... and anyone whos taken alesse?

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

marty...... and anyone whos taken alesse?

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Marty, I saw that you are taking Alesse.... Tell me about it. I just got it, and im going to be starting it soon. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What is it like and stuff? Side effects... good things... ect...  I used to take tri-cyclene.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Lix » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#385376#ed_cl#Xena, I've been on it for 5 years.  It's the only bc I've ever taken.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#385376#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#385376#ed_cl#I lofffff it! :)  Never had a problem.  I started taking it, not for birth control reasons, but because I would get TERRIBLE cramps.  It was really, really bad (I would take 4-5 extra strength Tylenols at once!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/6.gif"#ed_cl#. - and I have high pain tolerance!)  Dr had tried prescriptions.  Didn't work.  So he said that bc might do the trick.  It did!  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#385376#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#385376#ed_cl#I used it properly at first. Now, I take 3 packs straight, meaning I don't get my period for 3 months, then I stop for a week, and then do the same 3 month thing.  I just hate having my period... #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/8.gif"#ed_cl# (but by doing this, I pay for it by having cramps every 3 months)  But this works for me for now.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#385376#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#385376#ed_cl#But yeah, when I was using it as "recommended", I loved it.  It took the cramps away and I didn't gain any weight.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#385376#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#385376#ed_cl#Go Alesse!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Lix on Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lix

Postby *rickie* » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#GRR I typed a msg and it disappeared!! GRRRR#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Anyways.....Alesse is the same stuff as Tri-cyclene, except that it is a strong dose.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#What happens is if you gain a bit more weight, or you are a little forgetful, Alesse isn't as forgiving, so you get spotting, or problems, so they put you on Tri-cyclene.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I'm on Tri-Cyclene right now too....haven't had any problems with it at all. I gained to much weight to be on Alesse any more, so I was getting spotting that was lasting for like 4-6 days.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Of coarse I'm no pro at this, but this is just what the doc told me when she was switching me. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Weird that you're moving from Tri-Cyclene to Alesse.......#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Foxie » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:11 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was on Tri-cyclen had some issues then switched to Aleese. At first I had like no period, which freaked me out. I thought I was going through menopause in my 20's!!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/3.gif"#ed_cl# Then my periods started and they were stronger then when I was on Tri-cyclen. Ricki I thought Alesse was not as strong as Tri-cyclen? Anyways long story short, I started to have break outs. Zits popped out where I never had them before. Mostly my back and they were the big ones that hurt. I got off Alesse pretty quick after that and went back to Tri-cyclen. I'm happy now.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Lix » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmm. I didn't experience any of that.  I started Alesse when I was 18, had a bit of acne before but starting Alesse took virtually everything away.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I guess it affects everyone differently?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby Foxie » Wed Mar 23, 2005 8:55 am

Lix wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I guess it affects everyone differently?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Defiantly! What works for one person may not for another. I say try it and see how it goes. Its the same as all the other pills out there. The trick is finding one that works for you.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ridingdouds » Wed Mar 23, 2005 9:26 am

I took Alesse for a few months because I was breaking up on Ortho tri-cyclen. However my skin went worse on Alesse. Nowadays I'm on Diane 35 and love it! But, remember that everbody responds differently to each brand of pills, so your best bet is really to try it for yourself.

Good luck!
Ridingdouds
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby DurhamJumper » Wed Mar 23, 2005 10:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I thought that Alesse had lower hormones then other ( I could be thinking of something else though)  I was on Tri-cylcen when I first started BC worst thing I ever went on.  Gave me migraines, spotting, super bad cramps.  And prior to starting BC i never ever got cramps.  I went on it to help regualte me and my period became even more all over the place.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
DurhamJumper

Postby Sodapoppers » Wed Mar 23, 2005 11:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#I was on alesse before switching to depo. I too thought it was a very low dose pill. I had no problems on it and i forgot to take it for up to 5 days sometimes  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//embarrassed.gif"#ed_cl#  I was on tri-cyclen before that and it made me very sick. I got a headache everyday and just felt like crap. Of course they made me stick it out for the month, it was a relief to get on something that didn't make me feel like garbage all the time..#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Marty_Jones » Wed Mar 23, 2005 1:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well my first pack I got lots of migrains, My second month I had one rally bad mood swing, and 1  headache and Im on my 3rd pack and Im fine. The first pack I got a few zits just before my time the 2nd pack I got 1 zit not to mention my flow is like nothing and it only lasts 3 days if that. I like this pill now that the migrains have stoped. Good luck!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Hev339 » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:38 pm

Allese definitely is a lower dose than any other..
I know this because I am on it now, and the reason is because a higher dose didn't work for me. I started on tri-cyclen, and the high dose from that literally made me hallucinate..um...very strange...hehe, but the doc switched me over and I've been on it over a year now, love it, haven't had any problems with it, but my period got shorter and starts/ends on strange days...that's about it...
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to EC Health Club