Grinding halt

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Grinding halt

Postby Megan Ball » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I've been on a diet/lifestyle change since January, and I've lost a total of 11-12 lbs!!!Yeah!!! But now I'm stuck at 140 and can't seem to get rid of that last 10 lbs. My goal is to reach 130. I don't take any supplements( as of right now but I am considering taking some) I exersize and eat right with small portions( well a lot smaller then I used to eat. Anyone else have that same problem. What did you do to overcome it?I'm starting to use my pilates video that I got for X-mas. Anyone have any success with that? I don't have time to go a gym or the cash to join. Any at home tips ?especially with a VERY active 18 mth old girl to run after, plus a farm to run. Any advise or tips welcomed.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Mar 23, 2005 4:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#if your doing excersizes, and depending on what excersizes you actually do, you might not "loose" weight... Because your turning alot of your body mass into muscle and muscle weighs more than fat does. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you really want to actually loose weight, jogging might help shed some pounds. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The scale is one of the worst things invented hahaa, you should never look at the scale, just get in shape and feel good in your body because theres not really any reall 1 weight that people should weigh. It all depends on what you do, size, bone structure ect. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Mar 25, 2005 10:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What kind of exercising are you doing? Perhaps you could use some more cardio?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is normal for people to hit plateaus and usually what fixes it is for you to zap your system. i would suggest that you do an exercises routine for a week that you have NEVER done before (this could include weight lifting, a cardio sport- running, swimming, ect- a cardio class, ect) and you overload your body- but becareful not to hurt yourself. The idea is that with the overload of work that the body is not used to doing that you will shock your system. I did this with weight training in gym a few times during the semester. It was a weight lifting class, and even though when shocking we still lifted weights, we did a specialized workout doing either supersets, or giantsets which overload the body. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby stephanie1 » Sun Mar 27, 2005 6:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would say she gets alots of cardio running after her 18 months old child and running a farm.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a 1 year old and I find the same thing that I cant lose the last few pounds, it was the same after my daughter.  It comes off with time.   I say give it the summer you will be more active now that the nice weather is coming.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Bolton,Ontario
stephanie1
Groupie
Groupie

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Mar 27, 2005 8:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But is she sustaining her heart rate in the high zone for 30mins at a time? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will not disagree that farm work is hard- I have helped out doing weekend chores for years, but I know that although I do work up a sweat, the chores do not raise my heart rate like doing a hard run does. I also used to watch my youngest brother lots during the summer, I know watching children is hard. But, although she spends much of her time running around all day, to loose weight she must add calorie burning exercise on top of whatever her daily exercise is, because so far, whatever exercises she is getting is sustaining her at her current weight.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's what you need to do- is sustain your heart rate in the higher zone for atleast 30 mins, atleast 3 times a week. You need cardio work to shed pounds, where as a something like weight training will increase strength and endurance and build up muscle, so you won't see much of a change on the scale.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Foxie » Mon Mar 28, 2005 9:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Since you already exercise and are eating smaller and healthier portions the one thing that you need to include is weight training. Buy a couple of 3 -5 lbs hand weights and start doing lunges, curls etc..  If you don't want to buy the hand weights use cans that you have at home. ie. canned peaches.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This will help you reach your goals. You have to add strength training to any workout program. Don't worry you won't get muscles like a man. Your muscles are actually burning calories hours after your workout is done. That's why weight training is important. Cardio alone isn't enough.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Word_Greetings/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to EC Health Club