anyone else here with endometriosis?

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

anyone else here with endometriosis?

Postby Cheryl » Thu Mar 31, 2005 10:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just wondering if anyone else here has endo.  What has worked for you & what has failed?  How has it affected your riding?  Has it affected any of your relashionships?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I lift my margarita and drink a salute to Marty, Quarter Horse Extraordinaire, Most Pleasant Packer, Companion To The End. May his suffering be little, his passing be easy and may we find each other again, drawn by love and kindred spirit.
Cheryl

Postby Foxie » Fri Apr 01, 2005 8:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Never had it but one of my friends and her mom have it pretty bad. They say its painfull and the doctors told her mom that she would never get pregnant. Well as we can see they were wrong!!!  But it took a very long time becuase it was left untreated for soo long. But we're luckier now. It can be controlled.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My friend is on the pill and its working for her. She used to ride and it didn't bother her. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I believe the pill is the best way to deal with the condition. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/13.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Judy F » Sun Apr 03, 2005 11:58 am

There are two things that really help endo: one is the pill, the other is getting pregnant. The key is avoiding ovulation long enough for the scar tissue to dissipate from around the ovaries.

I was never pregnant but took a rather strong version of the pill for 6 years before getting my tubes tied at 30. I suspect I was lucky. I know of at least one person who had a total hysterectomy to get rid of endo!
To ride well is the mark of a gentleman. To ride too well is the sign of a mis-spent youth. Athena the owl in "Outfoxed" by Rita Mae Brown.
-- Distrust any enterprises that require new clothes. EM Forster
Judy F
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Cheryl » Sun Apr 03, 2005 12:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well getting pregnant isn't going to be happening at least any time soon. (Read my post in the lounge if you need further info lol)  I am going to take a short break from the pill to see if my headaches are related to it.  Crossing my fingers & hoping for the best that this goes ok.  The last time I was getting bad headaches & stopped for 6 weeks to see, got my period 3 times & was so bad with cramping & passing huge bloot clots etc that I was happy I could just go on a lower dosage of the pill.  Now I am on the lower dosage there isn't anywhere to go.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Cheryl

Return to EC Health Club