YAY!!!

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

YAY!!!

Postby Sodapoppers » Mon Apr 18, 2005 10:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#I went off the depo as planned this month, as some of you will recall from an older post. I had the IUD put in today, and lets just say I am never having kids. EVER. I have never felt anything so painful in my life. I was literally ready to pass out, gasping for air and difficult to talk and the room was spinning.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#The best news, however, is that I've lost 15lbs since my last visit!!! And i havn't even been doing anything because my back has been bothering me. I have noticed a huge decrease in my cravings or food capacity though. Now I am wanting different things....instead of wanting more meat, I am craving the peas, or the beans, or mushrooms that are on the table instead. And in hindsight I can notice the weight in my riding too...it has been a couple weeks since I rode Dream because his back was tender from his saddle, and I found it was not as difficult for me to support myself and stay off his back lately (now that my saddle is properly balanced, that helps huge too).  And my bf keeps complaining that my boobs are shrinking #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//nervous.gif"#ed_cl# LOL!  So finally I am on my way. I was a bit bad tonight though and treated myself to some dixie lee chicken and french fries and some licorice but now i'm back onto the diet! #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Patricia » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:12 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What diet are you following.....?  Oh and big boob are over-rated!..LOL!  Especially for riding!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Patricia » Tue Apr 19, 2005 7:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What diet are you following.....?  Oh and big boob are over-rated!..LOL!  Especially for riding!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 8:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats, Soda!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl# Yay!!  That must feel soooo good, to have lost 15 pounds without really trying.  I am SURE that your unexplained weight-gain was something hormonal and not bad eating habits.  I'll bet that now that you're off the Depo and on the IUD, you will continue to lose. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And yay too about the boobs shrinking!  Mine have shrunk too since I've lost my weight (60 pounds now).  I had to go Saturday and buy a new (smaller) bra because my old ones were all sooo loose and baggy...they weren't supporting anything!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley9.gif"#ed_cl#  Big boobs are HIGHLY over-rated...especially if you're a rider.  Nothing worse than flopping all over the place.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Keep up the good work!  How long does the IUD stay in for??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:23 am

Patricia wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  Oh and big boob are over-rated!..LOL!  Especially for riding!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Yes Soda, ask your boyfriend to carry around some weight equal to the weight of large breasts and than ask him to complain again! LOL My sister has very large boobs and she's thinking of getting a reduction, they hurt her back and make her look like she weighs more than she really does... highly overrated!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Congrats on the weight loss! My girlfriend went on a new pill and gained 5 lbs in a week! She was horrified, she worked very hard at the gym to loose that 5 lbs just to get it back from the pill.... #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Glad to hear it's working out for you ;)#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Apr 19, 2005 9:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ohhh way to go SODA!!!! And yes, you will find as you lose weight your boobs will shrink lots, but it can be a good thing. Dont worry... your back wont hurt as much ect.. you will be alot more comfortable. And my bf always says he prefers smaller boobs because he doesnt want to have to deal with huge saggy ones when me (or whoever he marries) gets to be like 40/50.... So theres good things all around. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You might want to look into doing some light weight training, it will help you get muscle and support yourself better and you will feel healthier. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's great Soda!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Did you have to do anything special for coming off the Depo? I'm considering it because in the last few months I have started needing an oral corticosteroid for my asthma all the time now which also contributes to bone loss like Depo does and seeing as I'll be 36 tomorrow I have to start thinking about these things.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:17 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#From past experience I know that when I lost volume in the boob department it meant that I had certainly lost weight else where..cause the boobs were the last to show in my case.  So if you are anything like me SP   this is a good sign regardless what the BF says... lol  his coments don't count in this situation...lol  Congrats on your weight loss...keep up the good work..you must be doing something right...lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Way to go girl!!! I hear ya! Yay on the weight loss.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for the IUD...I passed out in dairy queen 20 min. after I had mine put in. It was only for a minute or two in the washroom but damn it was scary!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It shouldn't have been that painful...having mine put in offered some discomfort (sensitive cervix). They say to take some ibuprofin first and do it just after your period when your cervix is more open. Take heart though, I think I might see about some sort of drug/freezing option the next time I get tinkered around down there. I seem to have developed a touchiness about such procedures...probably didn't help that at my last pap smear the doctor neglected to warm up the freezing speculum. Not fun at all.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Lix » Fri Apr 22, 2005 6:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Word_Positive/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's super SP!  Good for you, that's great news!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree on the big boob thing, they definitely get in the way.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Apr 22, 2005 4:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's great to hear SP! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's true what Xena said about the boobs...that's the only thing that keeps my pride in my chest (it's smaller)- is that I don't have to worry about a saggy chest because there isn't much to sag!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm sure loosing so much weight will make a difference in your riding. Keep it up!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Soda, I got a call from my Dr.'s office this week to come in and discuss coming off the Depo, I guess the risk of bone loss is higher than originally expected. So I'll be coming off it too.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Sodapoppers » Sat Apr 23, 2005 12:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks guys! :D I guess now would not be the time to say that i sort of like big boobs :D lol #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ruth - they just called you up to discuss it? wow! Are you thinking of the merina? They say it's easier to insert for people who've had kids. My experience was, if you havnt had kids and want it, it hurts like a *^#@&!!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Sat Apr 23, 2005 4:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Way to go SP.  Wish it was my answer but since I'm not one anything well that sure ain't it for me.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And excuse me ladies for being out of the loop here  but what is an IUD?#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/1.gif"#ed_cl#  I gather it must be some new form of birth control?  Gee I guess it's been a while since I've needed any.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sat Apr 23, 2005 10:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Actually I think IUD's have been around for a while now- haven't they?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#They are an aparatus (sort of T shaped- metal I believe?) that is inserted into the uterus that prevents an egg from developing. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here's a link if you want to see:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.pplm.org/Clinic/services/birth_c/iud.html"#ed_cl#http://www.pplm.org/Clinic/services/birth_c/iud.html#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

yay

Postby Emerald » Wed May 04, 2005 4:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am not a fan of IUD's #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Perhaps they have changed since the one I had, and yes they are very painful. , #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Many years later they are still being used. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Mine became dislodged, and scared my tubes at the narrowest part of the chanel the diameter of a brush bristle. So not till years later when I wanted to have children did I find this out. Perhaps it had to do with size of my boyfriend. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That was years and years ago. I am childless with 2 horses. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope it works for you SP , I think the little device has probably come a long way since mine. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby goldendryad » Thu May 05, 2005 11:40 am

Emerald - it has....my mom had one put in wayyy back in the day, before
me...and it caused some trouble and had to be taken out. But nowadays
they have really, really improved them. The risk of that type of thing
now is extremely minimal.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I have one and am very, very happy with it.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

yay

Postby Emerald » Fri May 06, 2005 12:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, I am guessing I probably not the only person who had problems with the old IUD. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby Ruth » Tue May 17, 2005 4:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Soda, I'm going back to barrier methods. We have hit that old married couple stage where you're not having so much sex that you're real worried about being on a 24/7 birth control method. I haven't had any kids and know my sister was in a fair bit of pain after her IUD was inserted too. Plus I just had this LEEP procedure and the less messing around down there the better as far as I'm concerned right now.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to EC Health Club