help!

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

help!

Postby Kobau » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#k i was so happy for awhile, after i went off the patch i dropped weight, felt great etc.... but common sense, and moods meant need to be on BC of some sort, so i went on Ortho tricyclen lo, all is fine except, i've put almost all the weight back on... i was 152 when i went on pill, back up to 157 ( i know not much but i fought to get down) I'm eating healthy, trying to walk lots( the farm helps there) but i can't seem to budge the weight now!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#help? please need ideas!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Foxie » Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've been dropping weight actually petty steady since the new year. Here's what is working for me:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I ride 3 - 4 times a week when I can. I go to the gym(I try) to do some weight training. ie..lifting weights. This actually acceralates weight loss. I think the most important thing I did....cut out most of the junk I was eating.  chips, cookies, and yes all that yummy suger. Mom went on the GI diet book and I decided that it made sense. I don't follow the book (i'm a HUGE pasta eater) but instead of chips..I now eat fruit. I only have fast food once a week. And DON"T eat late at night. I try not to eat anything after 7:00pm. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sure I break down every so often...I love my all dressed chips and I'll buy them just not all the time. Popcorn is also a weakness for me. I snack on almonds and fruits. It REALLY helps. Once you cut out the junk you'll see a difference.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Word_Greetings/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Mon Apr 25, 2005 12:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Foxie, i'm a huge pasta eater also... though i've cut down on that a lil, at least gone to way smaller portions! I'm not a huge junk food lover, chips once in awhile is it...and i've cut out soda as much as is possible, once a week i get a major craving for rootbeer or orange crush!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Only a couple more weeks of school and then i will be on the farm almost all the time so  the riding will definitely be happening lots, and mom and i walk nightly once i'm here again. hopefully my weight training will consist of hay and building fences and jumps this year... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I really need to stay motivated with activity... i am lacking in that department!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Apr 25, 2005 3:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#im on alesse now and I lost weight on it... I used to get the water belly thing from tri-cyclene and it would NEVER go away... Now my stomach is normal. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But im riding alot more too#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Tue Apr 26, 2005 10:31 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena thanks for mentioning that about the dif pills... I think i was on allesse way way way back( like 10 yrs ago) i should inquire about it again, need to see the doc soon anyways,,,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#

Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to EC Health Club