Hit a wall! (not literally)

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Hit a wall! (not literally)

Postby Jump The Stars » Tue May 03, 2005 1:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've always been generally conscious of my health and body. Sometimes more than others but I try to keep it pretty even keel albeit that I'm far from perfect!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#However, I find that this year I really hit a wall. I used to be very good about walking on my treadmill and got into a routine and actually enjoyed it. Now I have to force myself and try to talk myself into it and even when I'm walking I'm constantly talking myself into staying on. I don't mind doing my resistance training and I actually enjoy it, but it's far too boring to do the cardio! I know, it's spring and I could go outside, but I'm not a graceful creature, so I prefer not to, but  even if I could, we have a lot of rain lately and it's not fun to go out in. Also, I'd much prefer to bike ride or jog with a buddy which is a luxury I'm not often afforded. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just feel like I've hit a wall. I want to exercise but can't find anything suitable. More distinctly, I'd like to do some cardio. Anyone else  get in these situations?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was in the best shape last year and really got out of my routine over winter...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just find myself unmotivated to go back to what I was doing before.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Jump The Stars on Mon May 09, 2005 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jump The Stars
Newbies
Newbies

Postby tbbrat » Tue May 03, 2005 2:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hear ya!  I've got the exact same problem - if I had someone to go outside with, I'd do it, but most mornings, it's easier to #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#not#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# do it.  The dog doesn't nag me enough. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was in pretty good shape last fall, because I was doing a physical job.  Now I sit at a desk all day - bleah.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't know what the answer is, other than sheer willpower.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Tue May 03, 2005 9:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sometimes you just have to make yourself do it I find...but I understand you. I like to run, but sometimes running 40mins just isn't appealing.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The best I can suggest is to get a c.d. of your favourite songs (preferably up beat) that you can sing along to while you run. I find that really takes up alot of time. By the time your 3/4 of the way through the cd you're done! If you're on a treadmill, watching tv helps a bit if it is an interesting show. Then you can time your progress in terms of tv shows (so if you want to run for 30 mins, run for the length of a show- to think of it that way makes it seem less strenuous because when you're watching a show, the time goes by fast).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to EC Health Club