Infected cut help

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Infected cut help

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Mon May 09, 2005 5:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay well im new here i found out about this place frm MacnRio, and theres a horse that we are going to get but get looked at by vet on Saturday. Now I was told today that he had cut himself on a fence and since he stayed outside no1 got a chance to see it and the mud got it infected. It caused him to be lame for a while i'm wondering if any of this sounds bad. Im thinking it'll go away and stuff but if anyone culd explain lameness to me and if you think it could come back. He is on stall rest right now. thanks everyone!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Mon May 09, 2005 8:07 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Well as you said the vet is coming out soon to look at the wound, I would direct ny questions to the vet in person where he can see and examine the cut.  He/she will have an upclose and personal look at this situation and can give you a good idea of how serious the problem is. And how long of a wait you will have before expecting soundness.  he/she will also give you good advice as to what the best procedure will be to get this pony sound again.  #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kobau » Mon May 09, 2005 9:14 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#keep the cut clean and ask the vet questions, since he/she will be there and be able to see the wound. if there is an infection they will likely put your horse on antibiotics.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Tue May 10, 2005 8:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#K thanks everyone...i feel stupid though i just relized this is a persons health room LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue May 10, 2005 1:37 pm

You just need to keep the wound open. Use Betadine and warm water and
have a clean sponge and scrub it out. It will need to drain. You may
also need to talk to your vet about getting Nova-trimel if the vet
thinks its necessary. This is just an anti-biotic to help fight the
infection which your horse may need if it is young, old or not very
healthy. Or of course if the infection is that bad. 
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby cadence » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh hey... this is the health club, horsey or otherwise!  Don't feel bad.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#A href="http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001_ZNxdm460YYCA" target=_blank#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG alt=Fishy src="http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_33_3.gif" border=0#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to EC Health Club