feel so helpless advice please....

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Postby Arcadia » Mon May 16, 2005 12:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No advil?   Crud.   I take that all the time for aches/pains/headaches, it's the only think that works!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Arcadia
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby BBelleTB » Mon May 16, 2005 3:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP GUYS! HE SEEMS TO BE FEELING BETTER AFTER A QUIET WEEKEND, AND OFF TO THE DOCTOR TOMORROW! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#WILL POST UPDATES!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(sorry bout the caps lock)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BBelleTB
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Ruth » Tue May 17, 2005 1:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It isn't likely Meniere's. That's an inner ear problem and while it can cause vomiting, the main symptom is dizziness. Meniere's runs in my family, my grandmother had it badly and my mom has it, but not as severely, and it seems to be improving as she leaves menopause. We're pretty sure that I'll be the next one. Yay. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope everything works out OK.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby BBelleTB » Wed May 18, 2005 7:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ok!  The doc has of course prescribed blood tests and a stomach x-ray, however he feels due to the frequency and "randomness" of the episodes he thinks it is aggressive panic attacks (stress-induced)  so he has given us a regimen to follow for eating and sleeping patterns as well as ordered him to cut back some work hours. (we both put in 55+ weeks in a stressful industry)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyways I will let you know if anything comes back with the bloodwork... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks for all the support!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BBelleTB
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Eileen » Wed May 18, 2005 7:25 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Panic attacks...wow, well I am sure that the B/F is thankful for your "nagging" him to go see a doctor to get the scoop on things.  At least now you have an idea of what is causing these attacks and can deal with them accordingly.  Good luck and keep us posted...#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Gemina » Wed May 18, 2005 2:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Panic Attack. Wow, I would never guess this to be the reason for his extremely painful and strange symptons.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby BBelleTB » Fri May 20, 2005 10:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well im not entirely convinced either, it sounds a little too "easy" a diagnostic for me.  But we will see if anything comes up in the x-rays or bloodwork (i feel like im talking about my horse, ha ha)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyways, he has been fine all week, and we have both been on a strict eating regiment (good healthy foods at appropriate intervals during the day) and making sure we get enough SLEEP (even though it means we have to cut out "other" things ... grrr... )#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its so hard in our insdustry to maintain a healthy lifestyle.  We are both scheduled for at least 50 hours a week, and on average put in 60....last night for example neither of us got home until after 10pm, by the time we settled in from a  work day, and wanted dinner, it was 11:30 pm... we were starving but didnt want to "snack" and go right to sleep so we cooked all our meals for today, last night, and ate at like 1am... not exactly sticking to our plan... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#anyways... thanks for all the support. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BBelleTB
Groupie
Groupie

Postby chenders01 » Fri May 20, 2005 10:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh man, BBelle!!  50 hours a week??  That doesn't seem legal.  Have you and the BF thought about switching careers??  Seriously.  You're gonna kill yourselves, working hours like those!!  No wonder he's having health problems...although I too question that these attacks of his are completely due to stress...they seem waaay too violent for them to be totally stress-related.  Hopefully the tests will come up with something more believable/treatable.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Keep us posted! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Fri May 20, 2005 1:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#50 hours a week isn't that bad unless you don't like your job. I usually work pretty close to that plus drive an hour each way. Although I do admit I am less stressed on the weeks where I don't have those hours, but then I get stressed about unpaid bills. Can't win! I should probably not have quite so many horses.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad he's been OK this week and it will be interesting to get the test results for sure, I think it sounds a little severe for panic attacks or stress-related phenomena. You never know though! Our bodies react to too much stress in weird ways.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Fri May 20, 2005 2:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thats a strange diagnosis. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I live with a bleeding disorder called Von Willebrands disease. Sometimes I'm very anemic with symptoms of tiredness, irritability and a grab bag of other nuissances. I didn't really think it sounded like anemia.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The panic attack thing sounds very strange indeed. I went through (and still do) panic attacks, (although I haven't had a serious one in a few years) where I would sweat, hyperventilate, and sometimes even pass out. I never experienced stomach pains, but the sweating, having problems breathing, crying, diziness and hot flashes. I'm interested now in why the doctor thinks that this is the problem. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Let us know #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby BBelleTB » Fri May 20, 2005 4:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well, like i mentioned before, it seemed a pretty easy diagnosis to me, and though i have urged him to get a second opinion, he want to wait for results back, as this doctor has been his family physician for however many years, and he wants to stay with him....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anemia, was a possibility i thought, but he never even suggested it... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#gracie spook: Can you give me more info or a website for Von Willebrand's?  His sister has similar problems, ongoing now and more serious for about three years, and she actually Bleeds... (rectally and internally) and often has to be hospitalized.  She has been tested for colitis, chrone's etc and found nothing yet.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think thats why my man is so hesitant about doctors because they have been poking and prodding at his sister with no results for years...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BBelleTB
Groupie
Groupie

Postby graciespook » Fri May 20, 2005 9:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Some of my symptoms (and my mother's as it is genetic and we only found out after my sister was born) is chronic nosebleeds, bruising, headaches, if you have a muscle injury intense pain (due to bleeding in the muscle) crazy periods (sometimes mine are 12-20 days and very heavy), problems with surgery due to bleeding. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Von Willebrands comes in many types, mine being type IIb(which is the only tye that you can't treat--the coagulents actually cause blood clots in the brian and legs, which can lead to heart attack/stroke). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its a dominant genetic disorder that sometimes can be mild to severe, and completely different from hemophelia. Basically you have platelets and thats what makes your blood clot. People like me have a very small platelet count, which slows clotting and can be quite serious. I've had severe concussions and headaches from a small fall off a horse. Sometimes I'm black and blue and I don't even remember hitting myself. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And it goes up and down. At some times during the year I can test negative for the disease and other times of the year I'm very very very low. I become anemic and sick, feeling dizzy and tired (all the anemic signs basically). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You have to stay away from any anti-inflammatory....all asprins, etc. If I'm desparate I can take Tylenol, for some reason acetominaphin isn't as bad, but my doctor really discourages it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For any woman that has period problems with heavy painful periods and excessive bleeding should be tested. It can be an issue during childbirth and any type of injury/surgery. Strangely enough, eating lots of jello helps, as its high in Vitamin K and is a natural coagulent. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is what I live with. The ups and downs. I live with it and I'm normal most of the time, but it can go downhill fast, and the older I get the more severe its showing up (same with my mom, she was adopted, so one of her parents had it). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby AQHAgirl » Fri May 20, 2005 11:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good that you went to the Dr...bad that he only came up with panic attacks.  I suffer with Irriatable Bowel Syndrome and some of the symptoms are very similar.  most of my attacks don't last for three or fours days ( only once did that happen) but normally maybe a day A IBS attack for me = severe stomach pain, bloating gasiness, nausea, vomiting, sweating, a very hot (to the touch) abdomen, uncontrollable abdominal pain and cramping (think knot in your stomach only worse, and it normally is followed or made worse with having to stay in the bathroom super close to the potty (not for the vomiting).  It can be triggered by lack of sleep, stress, certain foods (dairy, presevatives) not having enough fibre in my diet...it's a lovely disorder.......NOT!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for foods I normally have to due a liquid/ bland diet when it happens or the day after, lots of jello, drink as much water as possible, broth, sometimes cracker or toast, popsicles, (absoultey nothing with dairy or tons of preservatives....)  I will eat yougurt after one but I have to buy lactose free as I'm lactose intolerant, but I find the friendly bacteria in yougurt help to stettle the tummy ans return bowel function to normal faster.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You can buy something called rice pasta at health food stores and super markets, it's like spagetti, macaroni etc but made from rice so really easy on the system to digest.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would also take you hubby to se a HOMEOPATHIC practiceanor (spelling) him and his sister.  Mine is a GOOD ONE and has done wonders for the IBS where conventional medicine didn't help at all or made things worse.  You would be surprized at what might be causing his sister problems, and him as well.  Just a thought.  It has no side effects and will not and cannot interfer with any medication he may already be taking......it basically can only improve things.   HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE is "NOT" HERBAL MEDICINE......it comes in little granules or drops you take by swallowing in water.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Helen Thomson ~ In riding a horse we borrow freedom

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
AQHAgirl

Postby BBelleTB » Sat May 21, 2005 11:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gracie/AQHAgirl- Thanks for the info, just based on what you are saying i dont think its VonWillebrand's because there;s generally no bleeding of any sort. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#HOWEVER- AQHA, IBS is something i have considered and he never even mentioned it as a possibility and the triggers of stress etc WOULD make sense. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will ask him to get in there tuesday again and see him again.   ALL of the symptoms you described and then some, happen each time. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and in the same order you described them (including the hot to the touch abdomen which i thought was really strange)  That is actually what scared me the most, years of horses has taught me that HEAT and SWELLING under the surface of the skin is a bad thing, and when he gets sick its not so much swollen but HOT and i mean HOT to the touch, and enough sweat to soak through long sleeved tshirts and sweat pants in about 20 minutes. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BBelleTB
Groupie
Groupie

Postby panzita0 » Sat May 21, 2005 9:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't know too much about humans but I'll put my few cents in. My brother has crones and I dought that your b/f has that because the hot and cold sweats are generally not associated with that.... my brother would get sick on both ends but that's about it so he'd feel crappy but not to the point where he couldn't get out of bed for a few days but ya. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
panzita0
Groupie
Groupie

Previous

Return to EC Health Club