huge leg muscles

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

huge leg muscles

Postby panzita0 » Mon May 23, 2005 7:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#my leg muscles are huuuuge and I know that's from riding but is there a way (exercise or sport I can do) that will stretch them out and make them look smaller?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
panzita0
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Terry3025 » Mon May 23, 2005 8:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have large muscles too from riding as well.  I enjoy doing Windsor pilates.  Its a quick 20 minute workout and will firm and tone your body.  I just have to get back to it :)  Other then that, most sports will build up the muscle in you legs, not do the opposite.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've had to learn that I'm not going to have slim model like legs, cause that's not how I'm built.  I've just had to learn to accept it and be happy with my body.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon May 23, 2005 10:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you're legs are big from muscle, then you aren't really going to be able to *stretch them out*. Any sort of exercise for strengthen or whatever, is going to make them bigger. The only thing is, if you already do things like lift weights, lift less weight, more reps, for more sets. (Usually 12-15 reps, for 3-5 sets, at a lighter weight- this is geared for toning purposes, not bulking purposes).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But, if you could spare some extra weight in your thighs, than doing weight training for toning, and cardio work will burn an excess fat and could slim them down. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It however could just be your genetic make up. Some people have larger thighs than others.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed May 25, 2005 2:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#you can try going for "speed walks... really walk briskly and stretch out. This might help re-arrange the muscle a bit... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Wed May 25, 2005 9:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Doing speed walks is going to work the cardiovascular system- so that would cause you to shed some weight. You can't really "stretch the muscle around". #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Do you do any other physical activity regularly other than riding?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby panzita0 » Thu May 26, 2005 9:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes I do other physical activity. I bike to and from the barn every day which is a good 15 minutes which isn't bad but i go fast so i do work the cardiowhat ever system. I also walk quite a bit and I like to walk fast it buts me when people walk slow #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/20.gif"#ed_cl#I don't really have a lot of weigth I could lose, 5-10 pounds and most of it is around my tummy, my leg are just..big, muscular lol...yea#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
panzita0
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Sodapoppers » Thu May 26, 2005 10:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I feel your pain...my calfs are humungous as well. Let me know if anything works!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun May 29, 2005 11:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, there isn't much you can do about the thighs. Biking does work your cardiovasuclar system, and will also really work your leg muscles. I say you just go with them!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to EC Health Club