Mono...

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Mono...

Postby Teensy » Tue May 24, 2005 8:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, i just got my blood test results backfrom the doc. i got checked out because i was feeling very fatigued all the time, even if i rested and rested i still felt tired.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So the resluts are back and am positive for mono. I dont have a really bad case of it but i still get exhausted. Its been hard getting to the barn during the school week but i try. And i had my first competion for this season last saturday, terrible afterwards, surprised i got in the ribbons! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyways, i was wondering if anyone else had mono, and if they could tell me things they did that could help. Since there is no cure for mono, just rest. Which doesnt really seem to be doing much.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#T#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Teensy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Eclipse » Wed May 25, 2005 2:48 am

Rest, rest, rest and rest some more... and eat and drink healthy, try to stick to a regular schedule where you eat and sleep at set times. Listen closely to what your body tells you; if you feel tired then your body is telling you to rest a bit more.
~off all the things I've lost, it's my mind I miss the most~
Eclipse
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Dee22 » Wed May 25, 2005 8:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ditto what Eclipse said, just rest. My best friend had a bad case of Mono when she was in highschool, she couldn't even open her eyes for almost a week and was in bed for a total of two weeks... all she did was SLEEP... my suggestion is to take some time off of everything and rest up, get LOTS of sleep and eat and drink lots of fluids :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope you feel better soon! :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Mono

Postby Pacer » Wed May 25, 2005 9:10 am

If you can find a good homeopath with lots of experience in treating people with Mono - will help. I had it years ago and with the help of my homeopath came back to strength.

Has to be a very experienced one though cause is a reason why we were susceptible.
Pacer
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Ruth » Wed May 25, 2005 4:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had a very bad case of mono when I was 15. I missed 50 something days of school. REST!!! Even if you feel not too bad don't push your luck, it will take longer to pass, I got so sick because I didn't take it easy. You should not ride or play any sports (or participate in gym class), part of mono is that your spleen enlarges and if you fall off or it gets hit there could rupture quite easily. Drink lots of fluids, and even if your throat gets really sore keep eating. That's the only thing that kept me out of hospital. You should also have your own cup, plate, bowl and cutlery that only you use so as not to infect anyone in your family.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby cadence » Thu May 26, 2005 12:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rest, rest, rest.  Like everyone said.  Tons of water.  Lots of veggies.  If you can stand it, try garlicky foods.  Garlic is supposed to be great at helping your immune system kill viruses.  It's miserable, but hang in there.  I would hold off on riding and competing for a few weeks.  Let your body tell you what it can do and listen to it.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby ~Nikita~ » Thu May 26, 2005 1:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0080ff#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#I had mono in my last year of highschool, not very bad though. I just was getting a sore throat and was extremely exhausted. I was doing a co-op placement at the vet clinic here...and I had to leave early 2 days because I was soo tired, and white as a ghost too. The vet tech told me I looked like sh*t and told me to go home. Before I was diagnosed with mono...I told my mom about my sore throat, so she looked at it and it was a bit white...but not bad. Well a couple days later I mentioned it again so she looked at my throat...and what like.."why haven't you been complaining more?!?!" My tonsils, well actually the whole back of my throat was completely white!! It was nasty. You know it's bad when you go to the doctor and when he looks in your mouth he says 'eww...that's gross'...lol!!#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0080ff#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0080ff#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#Anyway...my advice to you is pretty much what Ruth said...lots of rest, and if you feel tired, don't push it. Also, take a break from riding and other sports/hard activities. I was advised from the doctor to take a couple weeks off because, as Ruth said, your spleen enlarges, and he said if I fall off it could rupture.#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0080ff#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0080ff#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#"Garlic is supposed to be great at helping your immune system kill viruses." - cadence#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0080ff#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#Maybe this is why I don't really get very sick often...I probably eat enough garlic for everyone on this board hehehehehe!! I looooove it!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~*Give a horse what he needs and he will give you his heart in return*~
~Nikita~

Return to EC Health Club