Personal Trainer

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Personal Trainer

Postby Chisholm » Wed May 25, 2005 6:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK I have taken a really big step.  I am now as of today working with a personal trainer to lose weight and get in shape, want to lose 40 pds to start.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Turns out this personal trainer use to have a similar problem to mine.  She weighed 200pds and was running traithlons etc.... and couldn't lose weight.  But finally she did it. And she is putting me through the same program as herself and many others that she has worked with.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The biggest change in my diet is no more than 30% fat in all my foods.  And i have to eat 6 small meals a day, that's going to be tough with my schedule.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And I am walking over to the gym 5 days a week to work out on a intense cardio and weight program.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We have to shock my system into losing weight.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Today she was amazed at how well my carido was, better than she expected.  But of course she doesn't realize that Dressage requires a fair bit of carido stamina.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Can't wait to start seeing the results.  Luckily I know my body well enough that I know it won't take long to start seeing the results. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Gemina » Wed May 25, 2005 7:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You've had a lot of changes in your life lately, Chisholm. Good luck with this one. Remember that altho everyone tries to not use the word calories, however, if we are overweight we need to count them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Let's us know all the details. Imagine, a personal trainer.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ec-thumbup.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Wed May 25, 2005 9:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sounds great!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The things she is telling you to do, are EXACTLY what you need to do (we actually talked about those two things -30% fat, and 6 meals a day- in personal fitness at school). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Thu May 26, 2005 7:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK this 6 meals a day thing is tough, I manage 5 today.  But was at the barn too late this evening to get too more in.  I don't like eating after 8pm.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Fri May 27, 2005 2:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've already eaten 5 times today and it's only 3!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Fri May 27, 2005 2:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL, Ruth!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, eating 5 or 6 (or 8 or 10) times a day??  No problem!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Although, I think that we need to clarify what a "meal" is here.  For me, a "meal" can consist of a piece of fruit and a yogurt or a handful of veggies and glass of milk.  Not real "meals" in the sense of meat, potatoes, veg...more like little "snacks".  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What is your personal trainer meaning when she says 6 "meals" a day, Chisholm??  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Fri May 27, 2005 2:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#smaller meals, just as you said.  Instead of sitting down and eating 3 bigger meals.  Today is working out better.  I just need to find something to keep in the car to eat when I'm out and about.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Fri May 27, 2005 3:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Can you have granola bars?  The "Special K" bars aren't too bad (in terms of fat and calories) although I found them awfully sweet.  Fruit is good too, for taking in your car.  It's definitely easier to "graze" (as I like to call it) when you've got a desk-job.  It's much harder when you're out and about and not on a really set "schedule" all day long.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Sat May 28, 2005 8:11 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Hey Chis, I can see where the 5 meals a day thing would be hard to get used to....I have a habit of forgetting to eat....yes it is true but boy when I sit down for that meal finally dont get your hand in the way..lol  Good luck with the personal trainer...I know that you can do it if anyone can...I cannot see you giving up just because it is a new and challenging procedure.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Go Chis, Go Chis, Go Chis....lol  we will all be your little cheer leaders...lol#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Sat May 28, 2005 9:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Eileen for setting up the cheering section LOL.  I got all 6 of my meals into me last yesterday.  But I have had to change my routine a little to do so.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well now I have granola bars it's not going to be to difficult.  And I have discovered some foods that I use to not be able to have that I can have again because they are really low in fat.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I get the weekend off from the gym and boy did I need to sleep last night.  It's nearly 10am and i just got up.  Very unusual for me to sleep that long.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Sat May 28, 2005 9:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good for you Chis!!! :) #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I also find it difficult to eat that many meals in a day... I try to eat as many smaller meals as I can in a day but I find I forget a lot of time... the granola bars definatly work. Not sure if you can have these but the Nature Valley 100% Natural Crunchy granola bars are really good... let me see...they come in packs of two, so for one bar there is:#ed_op#BR#ed_cl# 92 calories, #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#2.1g of protein, #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#3.0 grams of fat, #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#15g carbohydrates, #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#6.1g of sugars, #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#7.5g of starch, #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#1.2g dietary fibre#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not sure if that'll work for you but they are all natural and really yummy... LOL can you tell I love these things?#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Also, not sure if your a fan of tuna but my brother buys these small tins of tuna (smaller than the regular tins) and eats the tuna as a snack straight out of the tin... lots of protein and very good for you... not sure though, you have to be a real lover of tuna to be able to eat it like that LOL, I call him 'kitten breath' now LOL...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, just some ideas ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good for you for getting a personal trainer! That's great :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sat May 28, 2005 5:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Mmm...sleeping in until 10...that's like what I do EVERY weekend. Mind you, I do go to bed at 12 generally on a weekend.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Those natural valley bars that Dee is talking about are really good. They come in different flavours too. My favourite are the peanut butter ones, followed by the apple ones.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Sat May 28, 2005 7:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well today ended up being a test of my diet.  I ended up being called in to do a emergency trailering, 6 hour trip total, just after I ate lunch.  So luckily I bought Quaker Granola bars yesterday.  So I grab the box out the door.  They saved me.  I ate 2 one on the way to where we were going and one on the way back.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And got home in time to have a proper dinner.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tomorrow is my cheat day.  So I can relax a little.  Must still be careful though.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Those Nature Valley bars are just a little too high in fat.  I like them too but I checked them out. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Clio » Sat May 28, 2005 8:49 pm

I'm still a bit confused about what constitutes a meal--do two granola bars? I'm hypoglaucymic (sp?), and also need to lose weight and have been told to "graze" throughout the day, but I have actually come to HATE food (don't worry--not in an anorexic way--food is definitely still going in my piehole!) because everything seems to be the wrong thing. I really need to see a dietician, but it's not covered by OHIP, and... well, there should be no "and" here--I just need to shell out the money. But if granola bars are a "safe" food, that would be very handy. And which type, again? Quaker?
Clio
Newbies
Newbies

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun May 29, 2005 11:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Generally when they say 6 meals a day, they mean breakfast, snack, lunch, snack, dinner, snack. Your breakfast, lunch and dinner are slightly bigger, while snacks consist of a piece of fruit, granola bar, yougurt, ect. size depending on your calorie intake.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is also important to note that you should consume the most calories at breakfast, then tapper off throughout the day. As they say, "Eat breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, and dinner like a pauper". As well, tapper the amount of carbs you eat through the day as well, and make sure your last snack is 2-3 hours before bed (alot of people will give a general 8pm, or whatever, but it is actually 2-3hrs before bed).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#However, the thing with me is that I eat completely opposite- dinner is probably my biggest meal, and I love carbs....ah...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to EC Health Club