wicked stomach pains

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

wicked stomach pains

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon May 30, 2005 6:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#the last couple of weeks on and off I have been getting THE most wicked stomach aches. Ugh... its like all over my stomach, not just localized...And its sharp spots. And sometimes ill actually feel sick for a couple minutes or get diahreah... its nasty. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ive been having bad headaches too, like the kind that make you feel really sick. Its no fun at all....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would like to go to the doctor but my doctor is jerk and every time I go in there with something wrong he brushes it off like its nothing. Or he'll ask me what I think is the problem so I hate going into him. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Infamousluna » Mon May 30, 2005 10:02 am

Well your first problem is the doctor. Can you not go to one that you trust and who will treat your concerns more seriously?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
As for the pain you mentioned, I would certainly seek medical advice. I
have been plagued my whole life with horrendous pains in my stomach
too, and have been through the ringer and back with tests and proding.
At one point the doctors were so mystified they figured that my parents
were beating me and that the pain was psychological. As I got older,
however, and the pain worsened, I would become completely incopacitated
(sp?) but they finally discovered that shards of calcium were
esseentially fragmenting from my bones and piercing my
muscle/organs...thus leading to sharp, blinding pain. Fortunately the
pain has lessened in the last five years, but every so often it comes
back, and its awful!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I really feel for you, but I think it is worth investigating with the help of a reliable doctor.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
**The trouble with being on your high horse is having farther down to fall**
Infamousluna

Postby Happy Appy's » Mon May 30, 2005 10:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#try a walk in clinic. There is one in the Zellers strip mall.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby goldendryad » Mon May 30, 2005 2:30 pm

I was going to recommend a walk in clinic too.....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Two friends of mine used to have lots of stomache cramping problems and
diarhea. The one found out she was lactose intolerant and that's what
caused it.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
The other has Crohn's disease...thankfully in remission. Crohns is an
auto-immune disease where the intestine attacks itself....it's really
awful. When she first got it, it was like having a really bad flu for a
month...then they diagnosed her. She's gonna have it all her life, they
even did surgery and removed a peice of her intestine that was in
really bad shape.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Crohns is usually inherited...it's linked with colitis sufferers and people with irritable bowel syndrome.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue May 31, 2005 3:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmm... I hope I dont have chrons disease or something searious... Ive been trying to kee track of it and alot of times it is after I eat. But sometimes it will just decide to feel gross. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I guess I will have to try a walk in clinic haha. I hate my doctor. Hes so creepy too#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Tue May 31, 2005 3:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It could be stress, or a food intolerance/allergy. Better to get checked out properly than continue to guess and worry yourself.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby cadence » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You need a new doctor. Geez, if I knew I had a jerk of a doctor that would tie my stomach up in knots right there. You need to find someone you can really talk to.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sharp stomach pain could be food intolerances/allergies, could be gallstones, could be ulcers, could be the effects of long-term stress, could be any number of things and you should get it checked out.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby goldendryad » Wed Jun 15, 2005 12:45 pm

Are you ok? What did the doctor say?
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *rickie* » Wed Jun 15, 2005 1:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Xena, if it's mostly after you eat...I would have to guess that you're allergic to something......could it be lactose?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I developed being lactose just a couple years ago....well at least they think I did...I hated milk as a child, but don't remember being in pain from it...but then again I didn't eat alot of it, so who knows!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Try eating lots of Bananas...they help a million different things...including stomach pains, ulcers, sunburn, stress, the list goes on forever!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Also I know that I am lactose intolerant, but when I get a stomach ache, (I have ulcers) I force myself to each some yogart (any kind). If I don't eat ALOT of it, I'm fine, but it really helps settle my ulcers down, as it coats them...maybe try that??#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Hope you went to see someone...I know your pain.....ulcers plus finding out you're lactose intolerant pretty much all at the same time makes for alot of *grumpy belly*!! hahahaha#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Hope you feel better soon!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Trufflemaker » Wed Jun 15, 2005 4:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Is it possible you have celiac? This is an intolerance to gluten, and often shows up in adults. You could also be sensitive to the protein in milk (casein), not necessarily the lactose. One of my kids is casein and gluten sensitive, so I know a fair amount about it... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Try eliminating milk from your diet and see if that makes a difference. If not, then try eliminating gluten (this is much harder--there is a LONG list of things to avoid, not just wheat). (By the way, humans are the only animal that ingests milk past the age of infancy, and the only animal that drinks another mammal's milk. It's not really necessary to our health, and in fact is often detrimental.)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Celiac disease is called "the great imitator" because symptoms vary so much from one person to another. If a person has celiac, then the presence of gluten molecules in the system cause the lower digestive tract to erode. The vilii in the intestine become more like linoleum and less like a shag carpet, to use a comparison that I found helpful. This means that the body cannot absorb nutrients properly and so nutrition-related illnesses appear. Ulcers could conceivably be nutrition-related, for example if you cannot absorb vit. B and other elements essential to the nervous system, there could be a trickle-down effect that ends in ulcers.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm no doctor, just making a suggestion... hope you get to the bottom of it. Hope you find a good, open-minded doctor. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Jun 15, 2005 5:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well I stopped drinking milk altogether.. I used to drink 2-3 glasses a day, I replaced that with water or juice, And I tried cutting down on other dairy products... It seems to have helped alot. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to EC Health Club