Work out and diet results!

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Work out and diet results!

Postby Chisholm » Mon May 30, 2005 2:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey already I am seeing results from just one week of working out daily 5 days and week and 5 days so far of eating low fat, lighter meals and snacks 6 times a day.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And I am up to 25 minutes from 20 already.  And my heart rate is staying steady which is good, though it means I will be increasing again soon.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hopefully my riding will show results from this really soon too.  I know I am feeling my tummy muscles again.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kobau » Mon May 30, 2005 4:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Way to go Chis! Must feel awesome to be feeling the results! so glad it is working for you.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What type of meals are you eating? me and my curiostity! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm trying to get out and walk more... but haven't been suceeding so much!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Chisholm » Mon May 30, 2005 8:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#All low fat, less than 30% fat which is very different from my last diets.  I was doing the low carb before.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here's an example of my meals.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I eat low fat cereal and fruit before working out#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#then#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# Low Fat Cottage cheese with fruit or veggies or plain#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#or #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A granola bar if no time#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Then salad or light meal for lunch#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Snack - granola or fruit#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dinner maybe lean meat and veggies.  Or a lean cuisine meal (low fat of course)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And then a snack in the evening.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am trying to put variety in my meals but don't like to cook much from scratch so pre packaged is the way I go.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#On top of everything else I have to be careful not to eat too much wheat or corn since I have a food intolerance to them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am eating dairy again to see how I get along with no fat yogurt and cottage cheese.  They now have Fat Free Cottage Cheese.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Way to go, Chisholm!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had a little "epiphany" this morning - noticed my work jeans were a little looser, so tried on a couple other pairs that I couldn't get into a couple of weeks ago - they fit!!  Hoo ha - all that "organic" weightlifting must have done some good! (hauling manure, digging fence postholes, building in the barn, putting up fence . . . )#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Wed Jun 01, 2005 12:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well yesterday I didn't go to the gym, didn't have to. LOL I had a good but tough lesson on my guy yesterday in major heat and humidity.  If anyone ever says we don't get a good carido workout riding come watch one of my lessons.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So off in an hour to meet with my personal trainer for an hour to get my full program set up.  And I need to show her what I have been eating for the last week.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Gemina » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Last November when I began my diet I also started an intake journal. Kept me honest. Now am where I want to be and still write down what I eat every day. It's become a habit.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK now the personal trainer has given me my work out.  Yikes she has me doing free weight leg press, 4 times 12reps @ 135 pds.  My legs feel like rubber right now.   My upper body is pretty good, and of course my back is strong.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So tomorrow I will just do carido since today was a heavy work out.  I am to do 40 minutes of carido split over  an eliptical machine and treadmill.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So 20min carido, 20 mins weights and 20 minutes carido, YIKS!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And I walk 10 minutes to the gym and back.  Do you think I will see results.  I better with this work out and diet.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And I ride at least an hour a day when I am riding just my horse.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Genima I am keeping a journal food and training.  But seeing the personal trainer once a week also keeps me honest.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now time to go calapse.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Jun 03, 2005 9:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ooo, your workout sounds great!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am sure you will see results, very desireable ones at that. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You will find that even just the little things add up, like walking to the gym and back. Sure, it's only 10mins, but better that sitting in a car.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Actually I was listening to the radio (John Tesh- Intelligence for you Life) and there was a study done that the big gap between those who are obese and those who are not is how much time they spend sitting. Those who are obese sit 2hrs more a day then those who are not. So, which goes to show you, little things like standing up to do work make a difference.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to EC Health Club