Sweet Taste In Mouth

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Sweet Taste In Mouth

Postby Dee22 » Tue May 31, 2005 12:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, so for 4 days I have had this SUPER annoying sweet taste in my mouth and I can't get rid of it!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Angry/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#It's strange, near the back of my mouth, on my tongue and the roof of my mouth... it started on Saturday afternoon and hasn't gone away... I have tried everything, gum, mints, brushing my teeth a MILLION times, mouth wash... nothing makes it go away!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley29.gif"#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I have been eating regularily... I mean nothing abnormal, same way I always eat.... does anyone know what could cause this or anything I might try to get rid of it? It's driving me NUTS! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/17.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Easter » Tue May 31, 2005 12:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmm - that's weird. One thing I can think of to get the taste to go away is to brush with baking soda and water. It won't taste very good, but it's wroth a try!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Easter

Postby Dee22 » Tue May 31, 2005 12:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Easter, at this point I'll try anything, it's really annoying!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kaleena » Tue May 31, 2005 12:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=3#ed_cl#I've heard that that symptom can occur with diabetes (probably not likely) or if you are consuming a Low carb/high protein diet. I can't remember why though...too long ago that I took that class! :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Tue May 31, 2005 1:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hehe! I read the same thing on the internet this afternoon Kaleena!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Hmm, what have I eaten the past 4 days... lets see...#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Friday night I had steak and potatoe and veggies...#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Saturday morning I had cereal, for lunch I had pizza for dinner I had steak and potatoes and veggies again...#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Sunday morning had a coffee... lobster for lunch (with lots of garlic?), for dinner I had chicken & veggies... #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Monday morning I had a carnation instant breakfast (which is like a choc milk shake),  chicken and veg for lunch (leftovers), for dinner I ate pork tenderloin, veggies and potatoe...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This morning I had carnation instant breakfast and for lunch I had a sandwhich with cheese and chicken...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Does that sound like too much protein and not enough carbs? Maybe I should go home and eat a loaf of bread LOL!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby BBelleTB » Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#could be the start of a canker sore in your mouth.  That happened to me a year ago, I had the wierdest taste in my mouth, and almost like a burning sensation (like when your lips are chapped and you get them wet) and a few days later  a canker sore popped out on my tongue and the wierd taste/sensation went away.  Avoid acidic fruits, especially strawberries, if thats the case...  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BBelleTB
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Dee22 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 7:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for your reply Bbelle... although no burning sensation in the mouth... it's strange... just a sweet taste at the back of my mouth... on my tongue at the very very back... seems that's where the taste comes from but on Tuesday it was SO bad that I could taste it everywhere...#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#It annoyed me SO much that, that night I brushed the heck out of my teeth and tongue, than I gargled with vinegar and water, brushed again... the taste managed to stay out of my mouh most of the day yesterday.... until late afternoon and when it came back it was much more mild than it had been... this morning it's gone... for now :s Hopefully it won't come back, it's really annoying!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I went with the 'too much protein' theory and have been trying to eat more carbs this week... I ate a crap load of pasta last night LOL... anything to keep that taste away!!!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/8.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby cadence » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sweet taste is sometimes a sign of diabetes.  Even if you're not thirsty all the time or have to run to the bathroom, you should make an early morning trip to your doctor (don't eat breakfast before you go) and she or he will run a quick glucose check on you.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby cadence » Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PS:  I wanted to say, don't put that off.  If your blood sugar is too high, it will run things amuck with your vision, heart and kidneys, so I suggest you be prompt and get it checked out. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Otherwise, it could be a simple thing like a prodome of migraine.  Either way, get yourself checked out.  If you have diabetes, the last thing you should be eating is tons of pasta or bread.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Clio » Thu Jun 02, 2005 6:20 pm

Another possibility (which is very easily ruled out...)--are you on any medications? Some of them can leave a constant taste in your mouth (though I've heard more of bitter than sweet...), and it doesn't necessarily happen immediately upon taking the meds. It can take a while to develop.
Clio
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Dee22 » Thu Jun 02, 2005 8:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Cadence :) Diabetes was one thing I thought of, my grandmother has diabetes (and doesn't it commonly skip a generation?) ... However, I did rule out diabetes quickly because less than a month ago I got a bunch of blood tests run and blood sugar wa sone of them... Everything normal... my iron is fine, blood sugar level is fine and the Dr. checked out a few other things as well... all fine :) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What is 'prodome of migrain'? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Clio, nope, not on any medications, well, I just started the pill on Sunday but the taste started on Saturday :s So I ruled that one out also... very strange... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Unfortunatly I'm still getting it but definatly not as bad and it comes and goes rather than being there ALL day long... I'm hoping whatever it is will stop all together soon enough :s#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby cadence » Wed Jun 08, 2005 12:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Did you ever find out what was causing the sweet taste in your mouth?  Has it gone away yet? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dee22 » Wed Jun 08, 2005 10:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL Cadence, NO! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/2.gif"#ed_cl# I still have no idea of the cause #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley29.gif"#ed_cl# It has mostly gone away... I don't get it untl later in the day now... it'll come on mildly and come and go... it also comes (i'm finding) when I eat or drink something sweet, like coke, or iced tea.... very odd... and annoying but at least it's not ALL day like it was before and not as strong... it was so bad before that it was driving me crazy, at least now it's bearable :s#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby cadence » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, are you SURE you don't have diabetes?  Perhaps you should get yourself a glucose monitor and just do random checks throughout the day... sometimes diabetes can stay hidden from testing positive and it shows up on glucose checks throughout the day.  If you have high/low swings, I'd still go to a dietician and put yourself on a diabetic diet.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to EC Health Club