Rider Muscles and Fitness

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Rider Muscles and Fitness

Postby Chisholm » Wed Jun 08, 2005 8:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey has anyone come across any good websites on Rider Fitness and the muscle groups we riders use.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am working with a Personal Trainer right now and I have no idea how to explain to her which muscle groups are the most important.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now saying that I know all over fitness is very important to top riding condition.  But there are some differences in how we use our muscles over other sports.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I did a search and can not find anything that explains the muscle groups used and what weight training exercises benefit riders the most.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#All I find is Yoga for Riders and pilates for riders.  I am working right now just on carido and weights.  Maybe later I will get into Pilates.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Right now my focus is on intense training for weight loss and fitness.  Reason this has come up is I am not comfortable doing free leg press weights, I feel it's putting the wrong type of stress on my legs for riding.  But my personal trainer says I need to work my major leg muscles for weight loss.  I have talked her into letting me use the leg press machine instead.  Less of an impact on the legs.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Any information will be appreciated. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Jump The Stars » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Correct me if I'm wrong here, but isn't Pilates supposed to target muscles too? If you're having a hard time finding muscle specific information, perhaps your personal trainer could interpret which muscles are your main focus by reading the Pilates information. If it's Pilates for riders, then they are trying to target the muscles you're trying to find out about...do you know what I mean? It would give your personal trainer something to work off of...knowing exercise he/she might understand just by seeing the types of exercises that have been designed for the equestrain and therefore they could come up with a substitute in the "weight training" world.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ok...I don't know if any of that made sense to you but if you got it, that's my suggestion!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Jump The Stars
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Dee22 » Thu Jun 09, 2005 7:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here ya go Chis, there's quite a bit of info here on muscle use etc. Hope it helps...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.classicaldressage.co.uk/Muscle_Use_In_Riding/muscle_use_in_riding.html"#ed_cl#http://www.classicaldressage.co.uk/Muscle_Use_In_Riding/muscle_use_in_riding.html#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Chisholm » Thu Jun 09, 2005 10:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's a great website, thanks.  Good diagrams.  I will pass this on to my personal trainer.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Jun 10, 2005 9:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is a good site Dee.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to EC Health Club