Trycyclene-Lo Birth Control

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Trycyclene-Lo Birth Control

Postby Dee22 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 8:54 am

#ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#Has anyone been on it? I started it 3 weeks ago, it is apparently the same as Alese, the old 'Trycyclene' was stronger than Alese but the newer Trycyclene-Lo has lower hormones, but as the pack continues, each new cycle or 'strip' has higher levels of hormones... so week one is really low, week two a bit more and by week three your on the strongest dose... My question is, has anyone that's ever been on this been sick before?#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#My Dr. said that I might feel a bit ill for the first month but to 'tough it out'.#ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Arial Unicode MS'"#ed_cl##ed_op#?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#For the first two weeks I was just feeling sort of nauseous on and off but this third week has been hell... Every time I eat I feel quite ill and very tired.... last night and last weekend I was actually vomiting after I ate... I'm pretty sure it's the pill, can't think of anything else that would make me so randomly ill... some days I'm okay, others I feel like crap... but usually only after I eat, mostly at night...#ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl# #ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"#ed_cl#Anyone experience this? I'm wondering if I should get my Dr. to change the brand of pill I'm on? But would that make a difference if this stuff has the lowest level of hormones? Wouldn't anything else with higher levels be worse?#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I wouldn't be toughing it out, I'd be on the phone to the doctor!  Mild nausea is one thing, vomiting is quite another and I don't think that's what your doctor meant.  Call him and let him know right away.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dee22 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#True enough TBbrat... I guess the vomiting isn't exactly what the Dr. meant when she said I could feel a little 'ill'... I'm not even sure that it's the pill that's causing it but it's the only thing I can think of... It's not regular enough to be a 'flu' or some kind of bug... I was only actually vomiting last Friday night (friday before last, so over a week ago) and last night... last Friday I was positive I had Salmonella Poisoning, when I didn't feel right all last week I thought it was the 'after effects' of the food poisoning... but being sick again last night told me it for sure wasn't food poisoning the weekend before last .... so it has to be the pill, I haven't changed anything else in my diet.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a physical scheduled for next Wednesday and I was going to wait to talk to the Dr. than but by that time I'll be half a week into my new pack of pills... should I be going in sooner than I guess?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Phone and ask!  Better than guessing. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dee22 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ha, phone and ask... unfortunatly my Dr. doesn't work that way#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley5.gif"#ed_cl#  They won't answer any questions unless you go in and see the Dr. which is definatly what I'm going to have to do... feeling that way SUCKS... at least it's only at night (for some strange reason I'm generally fine during the day), I will have to sneak out of work sometime this week.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My question would be along the lines of "these pills are making me vomit, how soon can I get in to see the doctor?"  I'm sure they'll try and fit you in. I wouldn't wait for over a week.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(Ha, at least you #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#have#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# a doctor!  Waterloo Region has a huge doctor shortage)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Foxie » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Call your pharamatics. They will help you if you can't see the doctor. They really are the expert's when it comes to medicines. I'm on Trycyclene. I feel like crap every month that I start a new pack. It goes away in a couple of days. I like Trycyclene. I actally might ask about some new one called Jasime (sp?)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dee22 » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Foxie, that's a good idea too :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So... The Trycyclene makes you feel ill every time you start a new pack... and you still like it? Are you on the Trycyclene, or the Trycyclene-Lo... it's my understanding that the 'Lo' is just fairly new out (in Canada anyways)...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I wouldn't mind so much if it just made me feel a little queezie for the first little bit but I found the 10 days of my pack I felt terrible almost every night after I ate anything... with the exception of one or two days.... YUK.... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Foxie - How did you feel on the Trycyclene for the first month you started taking it? Did you feel worse and it got better or have you always just experienced mild nausea during the first part of the pack?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Foxie » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Actually the first 3 mths I felt tired (but I'm always tired) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sometimes I still get a little nauseous after the first day or two into a new pack. I'm on the Trycyclene orginal. My doctor wanted me to stay on it. I was switched to alease and I had problems. Spotting, breakout of acne, etc.. So I switched back and as time goes on the side effects go away. I like it because I get zero breakouts and start like clockwork on the same time every month. But since reading some of the other posts about Trycyclen, like making them tried etc... I might ask my doctor to switch me to a lower dose. I was on Lo-Estrien before and really liked them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Cheryl » Mon Jun 20, 2005 10:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sounds like you had no problem with the dosage levels on the first 2 weeks but the 3rd week dosage is too high.  I will try to remember to check if the dosage on the 3rd week is higher than the Alesse.  We don't stock this yet where I work so I might not be able to help you.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Cheryl

Postby Kobau » Mon Jun 20, 2005 11:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm on the Tri cyclene low. and yeah first month i was a bit queasy... mainly when i got to week three... but now i'm good been on it for 4 mnths now. Course i had the flu once while on it also, in the first month so that made me unsure as to wheither i was ill due to pill or flu...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The first month i was queasy for a good 10-14 days... second month was better... etc...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cheryl - Thanks for checking that out for me! I totally forgot what you do! :) LOL... It does seem to be the third week I'm having troubles with... but the odd thing is that the first time I got really ill was on a Friday, two days before I started the third week of pills... I also am on the 4th week, so no pills and I still felt sick last night.... again, in the evening around 7:30 or so I started to feel more tired than normal, kind of faint and my stomach started cramping and I felt sick.... It lasted most of the night and I'm getting to the point where I'm afraid to eat anything at night in case I'm sick.... my dinner last night was a muffin at 5pm, that was all I ate until this morning #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley5.gif"#ed_cl#.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Kobau, thanks for the input. :) Yes, my Dr. did say that feeling ill may go away after the first month... I'm just afraid that it won't and than I'm going to feel like this for an entire month again :s I HATE feeling ill and I especially hate actually BEING sick... I think I'm going to ask to try a different brand next month, I hate being sick and being tied down because I feel like crap... my boyfriend and I have holidays in July and I want to actually be able to do things rather than be afraid to stray too far from home in case I'm sick :( #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh Dee, this doesn't sound very good!  You shouldn't be that sick on BC drugs, IMO.  If you can't get an answer from your doctor without scheduling an appointment, I'd ask your pharmacist.  If it were me, I'd be inclined to stop taking that drug until you can get something else that won't make you so sick.  I'd even be inclined to look into other methods of BC that aren't drugs...drugs just mess you up so bad sometimes.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck getting to the bottom of it!  Just be careful (if you know what I mean) until you find something that will work but not make you ill.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was on the regular tri-cyclene before and it was horrible... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I prefer Alesse... I started it a couple months ago and it is the best pill Ive ever taken. It made my period sooooo light too. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dee22 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders - That's what my mom says too... I told her that the Dr. said if I feel ill for the first month to 'tough it out' but my mom said, in her opinion, I shouldn't be this ill, and if I am than I should switch to something else. There's tons of options out there to try so I think I will head over to the Dr's and tell them to switch me to something else. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#My girlfriend has two extra oacks of Diane 35 that she said she'd give to me, their brand new so I'm wondering if I should just take those and see how they work... it would save me taking time off work to get to the Doc's ... shouldn't be that big of a deal no?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And yes LOL I will 'be careful' until I get it figured out... I'm actually done the pack for the time being, due to start a new pack on Sunday... so I might just start taking that Diane 35 and than get my Dr. to perscribe that to me next time if it works for me...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 7:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena - The Tri-Cyclen Lo is basically the same thing as Alesse... or at least that's what the Dr. told me... but I guess they're all different in some way or another...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, guess I won't be taking Diane 35, look at this! It's not even approved for Birth Control in Canada :s Yikes!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.cbc.ca/disclosure/archives/030114_diane/main.html"#ed_cl#http://www.cbc.ca/disclosure/archives/030114_diane/main.html#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#haha i was just going to tell you about that with diane 35... I used to take and them my nw doctor was telling me its not very effective birth control.. I was like YIKES I want a different one! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The thing with tri-cyclene which makes it not great for some people, is the fact that it has 3 seperate doses. Like sometimes that could be great for some people, it all depends on your own personal hormone levels. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It never worked for me. Out of diane 35, tri-cyclene and alesse, id pick alesse... It helps alot with my face too and tri-cyclene made me have more acne. Alesse also improved cramps and made my period lighter. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Sat Jun 25, 2005 12:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you can't get into see your doctor quickly enough is there perhaps a birth control clinic in your area? I've always been a big fan of those, they are usually much more helpful and available than a GP. I was on the old Tricyclen and it was my favorite BCP. Never made me nauseous or gave me migraines like some of the other ones I tried.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Wed Jun 29, 2005 8:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, just an update... I went in to see the Dr. on Sunday, he said it sounded like it was the BCP that was making me ill. He switched me to Alesse, I started taking it Sunday and thus far I haven't had a problem! (knock on wood).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The Estrogen in Alesse is lower than in the Tri-cyclen Lo, also, the Progesten in Tri-Cyclen Lo increases each week while in Alesse, it's lower and the dose stays the same throughout.... so far, after 14 days of feeling extremly ill, I actually feel normal again!! yay! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Next

Return to EC Health Club