fighting off thunder thighs

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

fighting off thunder thighs

Postby goldendryad » Mon Jun 20, 2005 2:00 pm

I'm a small girl, and fairly skinny, but the one area I think I really
need to improve are my thighs. In my swimsuit they look huge. I'm a
short girl, so there isn't much leg to begin with. But where it joins
the torso is looking pretty thick.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
They are strong thighs, but they are also a bit large. Is there any way
to trim off the thunder looking thighs I have happening? Or does that
just come from riding? I never remember my thighs being that big.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
If not I'll just keep a sarong on at the beach, but please give me some thigh trimming suggestions!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon Jun 20, 2005 3:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You can do work on them to tone them (with weight tranining) or get rid of any excess fat (cardio work), however, if they are tree trunks of muscle, there isn't much you can do about it. There is also genetics to take into account, some of us have big thighs.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know in general I like my thighs, but I want to tone my inner thighs- but the thing is, I don't see them improving. I think I may be gaining weight and it's going there. But the other day I was doing some no-stirrup work and when I was done, I could feel the muscles were all tight, but my thighs still looked the same! Gah!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But I can sympathize.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Trufflemaker » Sat Jun 25, 2005 3:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#One exercise that is GREAT for shaping the back of the thigh and the butt muscles is the step-up. I had a personal trainer for a few years, and this is one of the best exercises she introduced me to. Note that it is a cardio exercise as well as weight training. Start slow and build up slowly because it literally takes your breath away and will raise your heart rate considerably. You will get lots of compliments on your legs after you have done it for a few months! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Stand in front of a sturdy bench that is about knee height. Step up onto the bench with one leg, pushing down with your HEEL to lift yourself up (not your toes or you're working the wrong set of muscles). Lift the other knee up to chest height, then step straight back down with that leg first. Repeat starting with the opposite leg. Do 3 sets of 8, resting in between each set. Increase to 15 per set over time. Once you are good at it, try holding weights to increase the workout, starting with 5 lb in each hand and working up to 8 or 12 lb.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Have fun! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Eileen » Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:42 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I doubt that there is a lot you can do as far as resculpting your thighs, as was mentioned on an earlier post it is more than likely in your genes.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I would suggest getting a swimsuit that flatters you body.  Those "show bun" ones will not do a thing for heavy thighs....JMHO  Look around or go into a swimsuit store that would have educated help that can suggest a certain style that would look better on your thighs.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Jun 27, 2005 12:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#actually for swimsuites, it is better to have a higher cut thigh on the swim suit, the angle will make the leg look longer and less round. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And "power walking" will assist in stretching and toning the muscles a bit more... If it is fat then jogging or bicycling will help alot. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to EC Health Club