wow... weight loss, inches lost...

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

wow... weight loss, inches lost...

Postby Kobau » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ok this is gonna sound odd, i so wanted to drop the extra lbs i was carrying, and i have... plus some!I was about 165 at xmas... i weighed myself yesterday and i was 140. I'm not just going on weight though. I had about a 28-29 inch waist, and 42" hips, plus was a solid 36 bust not sure what my thighs were.... now i'm a 23" waist, 34" hips and 33" bust and down to 22" in the thighs !#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley3.gif"#ed_cl# And while i feel awesome... it is starting to be a supreme pain cause none of my jeans fit like they did before(yes i know that was bound to happen) having one of my favorite pairs of jeans now able to be pulled on and off without the buttons or zipper being undone is rather shocking to me! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am doing some more physical labour now, but not all that much more than i was before, on the 2nd i trimmed 7 horses, and the weekend before i moved about 32 square bales of hay, loaded them in the truck and unloaded and stacked at my house. I'm not riding a ton thanks to the weather, so can't call that a contributing factor. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am eating pretty good, i did cut a lot of extra stuff out of my life, namely bread, rarely eat it but everything else is norm. Drinking lots and actually the last 8 lbs i lost are since the massage theraphist was down, worked on me along with two horses.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Only other thing that i've changed since xmas is i got off Ortho Evra patch and now have been on Ortho tri-cyclen lo for 4 full months(starting #5). Could that have anything to do with it? I look really healthy, everyone that has seen me lately has been commenting on how healthy and good i look and trying to figure out what's changed....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So yes i've shared my good news that i surpassed my goal of getting back down to 145lb, and have lost inches that i really wanted to lose. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How is everyone else? hope everyone is happy healthy and feeling good!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's impressive! Good for you!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm jealous of your waist!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley17.gif"#ed_cl# Although, it seems we have two completely different body types- I'm just under 130lbs with a 28inch waist. However, I'll still admire your work!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Again, good for you! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Jul 04, 2005 8:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow... you must be really tall! Your waist is TINY!!! Im even jealous now!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I dont know if the tri-cyclene would have changed, when I was on tri-cyclene I gained alot of weight that I just couldnt get of.. not too much but enough to bug me you know... The weight would just sit on my stomach... I dont gain as much on alesse... I think the patch and the tri-cyclene have the same amounts of hormones as well... I might be wrong though. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#White bread is a real killer eh haha... I have to eat it for breakfast though, no more cereal since it seems im lactose intolerant so I avoid it as much as I can. I eat alot of trail mix bars though, theyre good for you. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Mon Jul 04, 2005 9:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well i was never much of a white bread eater, parents have always had whole wheat around. and usually breakfast for me in homemade scones, with homemade jam and tea... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm 5'7 max!, but i am rather, ummmm curvy! very much an hourglass figure, and thanks to that lil waist i can only wear jeans that actually sit on the hips, that way i can get them to actually fit me properly. if i don't get jeans that sit lower i have a ton of room round the waist if they fit the rest of me.. and if they fit my waist there is no way the rest of me will fit in them!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm on the #ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#Tri-cyclene lo,#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# so it is a lil higher dose than alesse i think, at least in the 3rd week, but way lower than the original tri-cyclene and the ortho evra. I gained a min of 20 lbs on the patch, so was very happy to get off that. What i'm liking is that unlike the reg tri-cyclene, i don't get morning sickness every being of cycle now... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for the support guys!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Gemina » Tue Jul 05, 2005 11:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is excellent, Kobau and what a tiny waist you have. Am jealous too. I kept some of my lean cloths so am into those now. Have lost 25lbs and that's it for me. Feels good.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Tue Jul 05, 2005 3:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was thinking you must be a curvy girl Kobau- me? no. I'm like driving through the prairies#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/1.gif"#ed_cl#.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's really good Gemina! Glad you've reached your goal!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Gemina » Tue Jul 05, 2005 4:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm not the curvey type. Built more for cargo than for speed. LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kobau » Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gemina that is awesome that you've reached your goal!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl# it feels so nice to reach what you've been working so hard for.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#my bf says i'm built for whiplash.... i think i'll take that as a compliment..lol #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley15.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley14.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Giddy up, nothing wrong with the prairies!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now i just need to manage to stay in this shape over the winter(so guys i live in MB we start planning for winter the moment they announce summer!) which may be hard to do, but i'm determined!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby goldendryad » Wed Jul 06, 2005 1:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Way to go girlie! Knew you could do it. You must feel great. Congrats.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Funny how we come in all different shapes and sizes. I may be short and slight, but I am also curvy at the same time. I too have a real waist. It looks good, but can be a bugger to find clothes that fit.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Wed Jul 06, 2005 7:27 pm

It's hard to find clothes that fit whatever shape you are! I have no waist - maybe 2 inches between my hipbone and my lowest rib, so high waistbands end up halfway up my ribcage! :(

But well done on the weight loss! I put on some weight over the winter, desk job combined with grief-related depression, but I've noticed that my pants are feeling a little looser. Must be all the digging. Maybe when I shake this cold I can start doing a bit more walking and running. Right now, a slow crawl is about it :P
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 7:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats to those who have achieved weight-loss goals!  I've been trying to lose the last 10 pounds for..ohh...about 3 months now.  I've added a few "extras" back into my diet and those extras are just enough to keep the scale from going down any further.  I'd really *like* to lose those last 10 pounds though.  I bought a pair of used tall boots and I haven't been able to pull them all the way on yet.  I'm thinking that another 10 pounds should be enough to squeeze them on...I guess that should be my motivation...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kobau » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#TBbrat! i know what you mean with the waist and high pants being halfway up the ribs. There is maybe room for 3 fingers tween my bottom rib and my hips, can be a major pain... Glad there are so many others that have a hellish time finding the clothes that fit them! makes me feel better hehehe.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh and TBbrat.... when you gonna come buy a flashy paint off me? i still have that filly you like *angelic smile* plus another paint gelding that is already about 15.2-15.3 hh at the bum and still going!and built like a tb..... or you could just send anyone else you know that "really" likes to stand out when riding my way! hehehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders, if you really want to lose that last bit you can do it, though it is the inches more so than the weight i find that makes a difference when fitting tall boots! That is why i had zippers put in mine!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:09 am

Kobau wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders, if you really want to lose that last bit you can do it, though it is the inches more so than the weight i find that makes a difference when fitting tall boots! That is why i had zippers put in mine!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will probably have to go that route.  If I *do* manage to squeeze these boots on, they will likely be sooo tight, my calf muscles will start cramping.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The really depressing part is that I lost mega inches all over my body but only lost ONE inch off of each calf.  I think the boots I bought are a 16" calf and my calves are still about 17 inches around.  They're all muscle though, which I think is the problem.  Once you have Popeye calves, there's not much you can do to lose that muscle.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Gemina » Thu Jul 07, 2005 8:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#CH, the last 10 pounds is always the stickest to lose. The main thing is not to get discouraged and stop trying. Maybe your legs are meant to be the size they are....a good base to stand on. LOL I have stick legs ugh.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Thu Jul 07, 2005 11:59 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You could also look into getting your boots stretched too. I know what a bugger it is to try and get those bloody tall boots on and off. Five minutes of grunting and sweat to get them on and off.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders - have you thought about getting a gusset put into your boots?  Like you say, if it's muscle on your calves, that's not going away!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Kobau - I'm still interested, but haven't had much luck saving my pennies - yet!  How big is she now?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Thu Jul 07, 2005 12:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We have a really good shoe repair shop here in Kitchener, so one of these days, I will take my boots in and ask the guy what he would recommend...stretching, gussets or zippers.  I've been holding off, thinking that I'll lose that last 10 pounds and then might not need anything done to the boots, but the more time that passes, I'm starting to think I'll *never* hit my goal weight, so I might as well take the boots in now.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The other part of it is that I have no plans to do any showing this year, so I don't really *need* the boots to fit now.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to EC Health Club