horse cyst in nose=(

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

horse cyst in nose=(

Postby MyAmigo&Marty » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hi my name is Kristyn..and a horse I ride named..Marty has a cyst in his right nostrel which has now travelled to both and he seems to be more Lazy then Ever and It isn't bothering him in anyway..so I don't think a 3,400$ operation would be nessecary....No one at the barn does..so I have been looking on the internet for lots of wat to help him ..If you have any information please tell me or email me at...    #ed_op#A href="mailto:chemicalreaction3@htomail.com"#ed_cl# chemicalreaction3@htomail.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#p.s Marty is a retired race horse...he came off the track because of pulling his front right tendon #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Thanks...Kristyn and Marty#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by MyAmigo&Marty on Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kristyn:)
MyAmigo&Marty
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#how old is Marty?  Are the cysts close to the opening of the nostril or further up and out of sight?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby MyAmigo&Marty » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:16 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Marty is 8 years old he was raced up untill last year and the cyst is far up and out of sight..it just keeps dripping blood and that white stuff#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
MyAmigo&Marty
Newbies
Newbies

Postby MyAmigo&Marty » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:20 am

zooka wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#how old is Marty?  Are the cysts close to the opening of the nostril or further up and out of sight?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Marty is 8 years old he was raced up untill last year and the cyst is far up and out of sight..it just keeps dripping blood and that white stuff#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
MyAmigo&Marty
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Marty_Jones » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:01 pm

MyAmigo&Marty wrote:
zooka wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#how old is Marty?  Are the cysts close to the opening of the nostril or further up and out of sight?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Marty is my horse he is on free lease at Soda's barn. He is 7-8 years young. His cyst is non cancerous and can be fixed with surgery at Guelph for about $3500. He will be getting this surgery once Im finished school or sooner depending on my cash situation. It does not effect his working he is naturaly a lazy horse and requitres a ton of leg I was shocked to hear from Sue that he was a little speed demond lol. The bleeding occurs when the weather changes the cyst cracks and in turn bleeds. Marty came off the track about 2-3 years ago with a bowed tendon. which was healed and he was going back to the track when he got an absess thats when he developed his cyst. They were going to continue to race him but decided that he could be retired as they didnt want to spend the $3500 on his surgery. He was then put in a feild for a year or so as he was not needed. Thats when I bought him. His cyst is located in the upper inside nostrill. If you follow the jaw line up almost to the eye thats where its located on the left side of his face you can see a slight swelling but nothing major.( Lets put it this way he isnt a hunter horse by any means. hahaha.) It causes his nose to run sometimes and some days  it doesnt. He is in no pain at all and he rather likes rubbing all his snot on you. Hense the name "Snot Head" in a few of my other posts. haha. So I hope this clears up any questions concerning Marty's nose. If theres any further questions just let me know#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *rickie* » Sat Jul 23, 2005 12:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I thought that was your horse MJ! there aren't too many with that problem and that same name! hahahaha#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#But I too was like...what??? Marty's is on the left side! hahaha#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Anyways....No it doesn't affect Marty at all, it's just a cosmetic thing...I've worked with him quite a bit acutally, and he's fine with it! Just remember to have lots of snot rags with ya, when the weather changes! hahahaha Oh and don't wear white! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Marty_Jones » Sat Jul 23, 2005 8:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#HAHA yeah thats My pony. Teehee. Oh and he bowed his left front tendon I forgot to clear that up as well. oopsys not that it effects him anyway lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby MyAmigo&Marty » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:55 pm

Marty_Jones wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#HAHA yeah thats My pony. Teehee. Oh and he bowed his left front tendon I forgot to clear that up as well. oopsys not that it effects him anyway lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#hey Steph I'm not trying to to say he's my horse I'm just helping sue find out things that can help him She asked me too I'm sorry If you thought I was saying he is mine..He is just one of my favourites add me at msn if you have it#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
MyAmigo&Marty
Newbies
Newbies

Return to EC Health Club