Wearing jeans/all pants

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Wearing jeans/all pants

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#K, i don't want to offend anyone, sorry if this sounds offencive though..but i don't think it does lol. Okay i have always wondered why people wear their pants up to their belly button? I thought pants were suppost to be at your hips? I think back in the early 90's or something it was popular.. i see it in old rap videos. But anyway, if anyone knows why that would be nice? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby tbbrat » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Depends on your age - at my age, pants hanging around my hips would probably scare the horses.  And there's a reason they call it the "waist" of your pants! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(#ed_op#EM#ed_cl#How#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# old are you? LOL)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 1:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Omigosh, do I ever feel OLD!!  LOL!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PP72, pants that are so low that your pubic hair is sticking out, have only been around for the past 10 years or so.  Back in the 60s they were popular, but during the 70s, 80s and 90s, you didn't see them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And like Tbbrat says, most women over the age of 30 should not be wearing hip-hugger pants anyway.  In fact, some of the young girls I see them on, shouldn't be wearing them either.  There's nothing grosser than too-tight pants with pot-bellies hanging over the edge.  Yuck!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Positively4thStreet » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hm. This is tough. A LOT of older women wear their pants over their stomachs to try to make them look thinner. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. All it does is make two more bulges that the eye can look over, and incidentally, makes you look even bigger than you originally were, because you've got the waist of the jeans squeezing you into different sections of fat. Tip, ladies-- there's other ways to make yourself look thinner! Try wearing men's pants-- fortunately, with the new styles, you get your boot-cut and they don't dig into your waist, so you still look feminine. And never go with tapered jeans if you're slightly overweight with short legs, it just makes you look like a pear! Wrap shirts, or shirts with a DIAGONAL pattern also make you look slimmer. Or try something like a flowy, form-fitting-but-NOT-stretchy-or-tight summer dress over a pair of jeans.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't understand the high-waisted (I mean grandparent style with the waist up under your twins!) thing, and I don't understand the pubic-hair-sticking-out trend, either. there IS a happy medium, believe it or not, and it's not too hard to find!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Positively4thStreet
Groupie
Groupie

Postby zooka » Tue Jul 26, 2005 2:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lots of pants are not made to wear at your hips and are made to be around the waist.  It has to do with what people have grown up with really.  Although i must admit there are a few people who tend to pull the pants up a bit too high so that they are up on their chest almost....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders, we #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#are#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# old - at least in the eyes of people the age of PP72!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/8.gif"#ed_cl#And pants so low that your pubic hair sticks out were #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#never#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# popular in the 60's, least not where I lived. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/6.gif"#ed_cl# Hiphuggers, yeah, but maybe 2 inches or so below the navel.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Like Jeff Foxworthy says - you may be a redneck if you see a sign that says "Say NO to Crack" and it reminds you to pull up your jeans. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow tb brat... you were alive in the 60s??? I thought you were like 20 or something haha. I didnt think chenders was that old either.... #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#haha, I dont like really high pants, but I dont like them low either. Its gross. I hate seeing people with thier stomachs hanging out, like how immature and unattractive is that? I like just looking neat. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyone seen the hip hugger riding pants? I took one look at those and though holy hell.... no way haha. I would be going over a jump and giving the judge the full moon. hahahahaa#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Tue Jul 26, 2005 3:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Well, i wear my pants around the waist, just below the belly button. I for one look AWFUL in those hip hugger pants. They just accentuate my most *unatractive* bulges and let them bubble out of control LOL #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Tue Jul 26, 2005 4:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#haha Xena that is funny, I did not know there were hiphugger breaches I think they may be better for dressage then a sport where you are bending over more #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/1.gif"#ed_cl# although depends on how low they are might not be good for dressage either...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL, no i don't wear pants that are quite that low, havn't seen too many people wear them that low#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/2.gif"#ed_cl#. I think the worst part about pulling your pant up really high, is that it makes your pant legs.../ cufs what ever they are - things were you feet stick out! lol rise up like 4 inches. So you not only have the 2 buldges, but are showing everyone your shoes and the top of your socks#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby draftdriver » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:58 am

Well gosh, pp72, I guess you're the tall skinny type. I'm short, and very short-waisted. That means my ribs come within 2 finger widths of the top of my pelvis. So waistbands are at my belly button. That is the ONLY place where a waistband will go, and still feel secure, i.e. like my pants aren't in danger of falling off. As to length, I have such trouble finding jeans short enough! I usually have to turn the cuffs up twice to keep them from dragging on the ground. No socks showing on me!

So, some of us don't have much choice in where we wear our waistbands. Anatomy dictates the spot.
draftdriver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:12 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just wear what's comfortable.  And I hate hipster pants, they feel horrible on me.  But I have a very long waist so I am more comfortable with pants up higher.  Also I do find they cover the bulges better.  But right now I can't even stand wearing jeans.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby horsemad! » Wed Jul 27, 2005 9:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#I like my pants just above my hips, but not coming close to showing any pubies… it’s what I find comfortable and flattering for myself… It’s all about the rise of the pant and what’s in style and what’s comfortable for you – not whether you want to pull them up to your belly button or not.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Word_Other/5.gif"#ed_cl# But please, girls, don’t wear your pants so low I can see your hip bones and *shudder* possibly even more…#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#ICK!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl# #ed_op#?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl# #ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#Sounds to me like someone *coughpositivelyfourthstreetcough* has been watching “What Not To Wear”… some good advice there! #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl# #ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Interesting thread.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm a youngin' still, but I know that the low rise look hasn't been around that long. Pants are supposed to come up to your waist, which if you look at your actual waistline, it's around the same area as your belly button.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol, Positively4thStreet- I saw these ladies on Oprah who did a what not to wear thing and they said that NO ONE- not even the skinny- should wear tapered jeans! It's because they make your midsection look bigger and put you out of proportion. You should wear a straight leg atleast. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also agree there comes a point when pants can go too low...I've seen it. I personally wear the lower rise pants and such, but not so low that I'm showing TOO much. I also wear shirts that atleast touch the top of my pants so my stomach is not showing. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Wed Jul 27, 2005 12:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gee, Xena, I get that comment a lot! LOL  "You're #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#that#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# old?!?" #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/8.gif"#ed_cl# I was born in October, 1958, do the math.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've seen ads for the hiphugger breeches and I don't think I'd care for them.  Regular breeches tend to slide down a bit when you're mounted, I hate to think what the hiphuggers would feel like! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Positively4thStreet » Wed Jul 27, 2005 2:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Haha, you guys caught me-- I saw that episode of Oprah, too. I don't watch her a lot, but with 13 channels (and only about 5 of them watchable, and 3 of those five in french), there's not a whole lot on!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But it did make sense.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I feel bad for that poor lady with the acid-wash jeans they stripped in the department store...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Positively4thStreet
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Kobau » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmm well i only have about 2 fingers space max tween hips and ribs, but that is why i can't wear pants that sit in the natural waist! i feel like they are up to my chest! But also... umm you wanna try and get stuff to fit 38" hips and a 23" waist???? it doesn't happen so i buy pants and jeans that sit just at the top of my hips so about 3 fingers below my belly button( at least if i measure with my hand!) I'm thankful that Wrangler finally makes jeans that sit below my natural waist, while the old ones really forced me to sit tall, i couldn't comfortably bend over in them without feeling like guts were being squished...... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What i do hate is ppl wearing pants that are way way to tight... I do not want to think of the struggle some have in doing up their jeans let alone getting them on! and please don't wear belly shirts with below bellybutton pants, if you have rolls! that really really bothers me, and it doesn't nothing to help a person look as good as they could.*shrugs* just me....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and TBbrat.... i have to say wow... i thought you were my age! but umm guess you aren't hehehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Thu Jul 28, 2005 12:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Soooo, why does everyone think I'm a young 'un? #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/3.gif"#ed_cl#  Inquiring minds want to know!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Jul 28, 2005 3:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmm I dont know TB.... Ive just always thought you were younger... haha. Your my moms age though. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Actually, I too thought you were younger! I thought you were around 25. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Next

Return to EC Health Club