Well, I'm getting there...

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Well, I'm getting there...

Postby cadence » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, I've lost about 15 pounds since mid June.  I'm pretty sure it is the heat of the summer as I haven't really changed anything... oh well except that I now have 20 acres to look after but not a lot of horses yet.  It's been rather hot... I'm all consumed about getting enough fluids into me as I feel dried out all the time.  That's the joy of living in an arid climate! When one has to drink gallons of liquids, who has room for a lot of food, so the food choices one makes are ultra-healthy ones because those calories had better count!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But really, the main thing is I'm getting more exercise...the sheer walking from one end of the farm to the other, that'll do it to ya every time.  So, 15 down,... ??? more to go.  I guess I'll see what things look like when I get to 140.  Whew.  This is the uncomfortable part... have to hike up my pants all the time and a new pair of shorts I bought are already going to be too big, so good thing I haven't worn them yet so I can exchange them.  My coach  laughs at me because I'll be trotting around and suddenly have to put the reins in one hand and hike up the jods with the other!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But, I'm happy to down on the weight, that's for sure, so my complaint isn't really a complaint... it's more like jubilation.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Terry3025 » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow!!!  A huge CONGRATULATIONS to you!!!  It takes a lot of work to loose a few pounds.  You should be very proud of yourself!  In no time, you'll be doing lots of clothes shopping!  That'll be the fun part!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I want to loose about 10-15 pounds as well...I just need to get the motivation....Someone needs to kick me in the butt!  I'm not overweight, I would just feel better, if I shed these few pounds.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What's your motivation? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And keep up the good work!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby cadence » Tue Jul 26, 2005 6:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My motivation?  I want to feel better and I want to ride better which is easier to do when you have less flab.  Sorry to say it that way, but one does have to admit that it is easier to work the aids when you're not concerned about your heart flip-flopping onto the ground or running out of breath! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Wed Jul 27, 2005 11:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good for you!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I say it's time to invest in a few belts!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to EC Health Club