No more Gallstones!!

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

No more Gallstones!!

Postby Katie1112 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 7:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, I got my gallstones taken out two weeks ago on Tuesday!! Yipppeee!! Not a fun stay in the hospital, but I can now ride without any/much pain, and I don't get anymore gallbladder attacks in the night. I had them for about a year or so, and then it became so bad one night, we went into emergency, where I was treated with meds, for a stomach ulcer!! Needless to say, I'm glad it's all over with!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Katie :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Katie1112
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Trufflemaker » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ooooooh. Good for you! I have gall stones as well, but haven't had an attack since last September. I really don't want an operation. Several people I know have had complications, and I just don't have the guts to go through with it (no pun intended!). Glad to hear it went well for you.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Lol

Postby Katie1112 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 8:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The surgery was actually fine, quick. I was in recovery for a long time though, I guess I didnt want to wake up :p#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The first three days after was the hardest part, but other then that the surgery went fine :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Katie#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Katie1112
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Eileen » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:20 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#So was this a laser type of incision Katie...??just curious is all.#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Hmm...

Postby Katie1112 » Wed Jul 27, 2005 10:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think so. He did four small incisions... three of them about an inch long, and the other, along my belly button about 4 or 5 inches long. So yes, I think he just "blasted" them!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Katie#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Katie1112
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Eileen » Thu Jul 28, 2005 5:35 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#cool, this laser surgery sure beats the hell out of the recoup time for those long old incisions and stitches etc etc...#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Jul 28, 2005 8:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad to hear you are well!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Re:

Postby Katie1112 » Fri Jul 29, 2005 8:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm glad it went well, otherwise he would have had to taken my gallbladder out, and that would mean SIX weeks of doing nothing! Three days nearly killed me!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Katie1112
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Piaffing » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad you are feeling better. I had the old type of surgery 18 years ago, not fun but I'm glad I had it done. Any type of surgery is scarey, but once it is over with you feel much better in the long run.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Return to EC Health Club