The Plan --> or near enough!

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Postby Kobau » Thu Aug 18, 2005 7:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It'll be a fight for me now that i'm heading back to school on Monday, but i'm gonna have to push myself to at least get a nightly walk in, have to do something on the days i'm at school!but i'm still home most days of the week and trying to get horses prepped for sale.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rio, i'm sure you can be ready for that clinic! lots of faith in ya!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby goldendryad » Tue Aug 23, 2005 12:58 am

In order to keep myself eating healthy I try to make it easier to do so.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Fruit I cut up and package so it's convenient to grab and go so I reach for it as a snack instead of junk, same with veggies.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Granola, though sounds healthy, is usually loaded with fat and sugar.
It's best to opt for plain oatmeal. Or you could make oatmeal cookies.
You can replace most of the fat in the cookie recipe (butter or
margerine) with applesauce or mushed up banana. Honey can be used as a
sweetner.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Funny about the coffee.....hmmmm.....first thing in the morning try
water instead of coffee. Often a morning headache is due to
dehydration. Use honey or splenda in your tea. Maybe experiment with
non-caffeinated varieties.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
If you like crunchy snacks, opt for pretzels or popcorn. Make your own
popcorn, then use cooking spray and those special popcorn seasonings
you can get, they are like potato chip flavours. Or buy whole wheat
pita bread, cut it up into triangles, brush lightly with a mixture of
olive oil and seasonings (curry works well....so does a
garlic-lemon-pepper combo....) and bake in the oven. Pita chips are
yummy, and healthier. Can dip in yummy hummus.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Drink lots of water.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
But let yourself eat some things that do have fat, like dairy and some meats. We all need some fat.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Oh and don't forget salads. An awesome meal is a nice big salad with some meat on it.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Soup is also good (veggie or broth, not creamy soups) because they fill you up really well but aren't heavy on fat/calories.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Good luck. There's lots of weight loss support on here! You can do it!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kobau » Sat Aug 27, 2005 10:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very good points GD.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well i've been back to school for a week and can tell i'll have to work hard to keep the way i am. My classes are five hr classes and you just crave junk food, soda etc.. but well i take my ice tea(it is real tea, cooled with splenda and lemon in it) and try to take a healthy snack with me also.and since i'm sitting just under 144 i'm pretty dang happy:-) just want to stay feeling good and not pack on to much during school...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Previous

Return to EC Health Club