Food sensitivity-linked to other post...

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Food sensitivity-linked to other post...

Postby Terry3025 » Sat Aug 13, 2005 4:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This may be linked to my other post about the dizziness.  I had several vials of blood taken and sent to Florida for several tests.  One which was a food sensitivity test.  I guess that if you are sensitive to a food, it can make you feel all crummy, just like I've been feeling!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So I got the results.  Are you ready?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm sensitve to:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Cows milk#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Eggs#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Soya bean (and I love soy products :( )#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Bakers Yeast#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Brewers Yeast (no beer for me!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Cheese#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Pinto Beans#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Garlic (Wahhhhhh!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Peanuts#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Wheat#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thankfully I'm not sensitive to chocolate or cinnamon!  Now that would have been the end of the world!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm just wondering.  Since I am sooooo sensitive to all these foods, which have been a huge part of my daily diet, could it be causing these crummy feelings?  I mean I am still getting dizzy in the morning and still feel like I have no energy.  I haven't made my follow up appointment with the doctor where he will go over the rest of my blood test results.  That should also show whether or not I have an infection...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sat Aug 13, 2005 8:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would think that could be a cause. That really sucks to be sensitive to so many things like that.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There was also another post made about being gluten sensitive and the problems it can cause, and if I'm not mistaken, correct me if I am, gluten is found in different kinds of wheats?? so you could be the same and may need a special diet.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hope you finally get all this stuff figured out.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Aug 14, 2005 10:18 am

Yes, it definitely could be contributing to how you are feeling. I know that the days I eat poorly really affect how I feel as well as my energy levels. Can you change your diet gradually so as not to undergo such a huge change all at once?

I can't handle soy either and am not supposed to have wheat or dairy. I now use organic rice milk on those odd occasions when I eat cereal (gluten-free). I still have the occasional coffee with cream in it but only two or three times a week.

I weaned myself off all the things I am not supposed to eat but do eat small amounts once in a while. It is hard to go out and not find anything on the menu that you can have, especially breakfasts.

I would keep a food diary and keep track of how you feel each day as well. You will quickly find which foods cause you the most problems and how the problems manifest themselves.

There are treatments out there that help deal with food sensitivities that you could look into. They are alternate therapies though, nothing your doctor would be able to direct you to.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Trufflemaker » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is likely the protein that you are sensitive too--given the pattern in your list. Apparently the molecular structure of the proteins gluten (wheat), casein (milk), soy, and eggs are very similar. If you're sensitive to gluten you also should avoid rye, barley, oats, triticale, kamut, and spelt. One of my kids has this, and it made him a MISERY to live with. Very moody, easily angered, and hyperactive. After modifying his diet to remove these things he is much more of a normal kid. Still really active, but he feels SO much better. I think it is hard to say how a sensitivity will affect someone, so just eliminate these things from your diet and keep records of how you feel. Give it a good 3 months to see results, as it takes that long for the body to readjust. Good luck! It is not an easy diet to learn, but it can be done. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Chisholm » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Boy oh boy do food senstivies make you moody.  I won't even go into everything I have gone thru in the last 5 years.  And I have now started seeing a new Doctor who is acting this even more so.  See my post on Celiac Disease.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Right now I am going through withdrawl symptoms because I have started to elimate all gluten and yeast foods.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Try being,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#tired#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#muscle sore#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#moody#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#grumpy#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#can't sleep#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and the list goes on.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But my symptoms are even worst when I eat all the foods I am not suppose to.  I can't win.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know what you are going through Terry.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But if you can stand elimating all those foods then you will truly feel a lot better in a couple of weeks.  Good luck.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Terry3025 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL Chisolm, it's nice to know that we sorta have the same thing!  And boy oh boy, when you mentioned that list of things that can happen to you (moody, tired, etc) I sure fit right in.  I seem to have a very short temper especially towards people who keep on asking the same thing over and over again...and I seem to be very tired, even when I had a 10 hour sleep or longer. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's just I LOVE milk, garlic, eggs....just about everything on that list.  I don't wanna remove them from my diet #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/6.gif"#ed_cl#  Wahhhhh.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh well, just keep reminding me that I will feel better ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for all the suggestions!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Return to EC Health Club