My hip is a major pain!

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

My hip is a major pain!

Postby Chisholm » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK it's been nearly 2 months now since I first hurt my left hip at the gym using the leg press the way the trainer wanted me to, which I found out later from my physio that it was wrong.  Grrr.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I now haven;t been to the gym in 6 weeks and have seen my physio at least 4 times now for my hip and it's not getting any better.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It luckily doesn't affect my riding.  Matter of fact the only time it doesn't hurt is when I ride.  Getting on is another story!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So I get pain running down the outside of my left leg and it's worst at night when I am in bed.  I am doing all my stretches etc... but it just isn't getting better.  It's hurting right now while i sit here typing.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hope maybe when my physio comes to work on Chis this week she may have more answers for me.  And my Chiro can't do anything for this.  Strictly muscle not joint.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry just need to vent.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Aug 14, 2005 6:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's no good at all- it shouldn't be getting worse. I would continue to try and figure out what is going on- you need your hips!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Elizabeth » Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:30 pm

Chis, I don't know whereabouts you live but I would suggest that you look into Bowen. It is really great for muscle problems and very gentle. It would probably only need a small number of treatments as well. If you are interested, PM me and I will find someone in your area.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Trufflemaker » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That really sucks, that the trainer you were paying for his/her expertise gave you bad advice and now you're injured. If it is the muscle itself then icepacks and rest will heal it. Don't assume that riding doesn't affect it--if there is inflammation you should avoid working the muscle so it can fully heal. If it is the ligament at the end of the muscle that attaches it to the skeletal frame then ouch that might take longer. Hope you find the solution so you're not in pain much longer...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby zooka » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#should you go to a doctor?  you may need an ultrasound or something....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:59 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nah a doctor would just say rest, which is not a option.  I don't agree with doctors when it comes to muscle injuries.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby horsemad! » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So you've seen your chiropractor and confirmed it's muscular and not joint related?   I've had lots of problems with both hips - many of which were corrected by the chiropractor.  I'm told that the majority of muscle strain/pain comes from something skeletal being out of alignment.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Terry3025 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmmm well you said that you feel good when you're on a horse.  So how about never getting off a horse!!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl#  LOL, I know not possible.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just try to take it easy.  Have a nice long bath with some massage oils and try to work the pain right outta you!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby Emerald » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Going to the Chiro would be my suggestion. The one I see these days is also a sports therapist. It seems many times my problems were muscle related as well, A long list. More recently a Sprained Knee and Pulled muscle in my back. Therapy was a combination of Ultra sound and pressure points to break down the tension in the muscles. Maybe a Chiro with a larger Repetoire of Treatment is needed?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby Chisholm » Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey I go to a Chiro and a Physio.  It's better today than it was but still there.  Hot baths and ice, and my stretches and patience!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Didn't ride today so it's getting a bit of rest.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Chisholm » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well it looks like my Chiropractor found the source, it was in my lumbar spine. One swollen vertebrae. And boy did it hurt when he adjusted it.  I am going back tomorrow for him to do it again, YIKS!  But the pain has now lessened down my leg.  And it didn't hurt getting on my horse today.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Wed Aug 17, 2005 7:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is great news that something has been found as the source!!!  Hopefully it will fix it in the long run!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to EC Health Club