Oh NOOOOOOO!! *Update*

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Oh NOOOOOOO!! *Update*

Postby Terry3025 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/2.gif"#ed_cl#  I was doing so well with my wisdom teeth healing up since my surgery 3 1/2 weeks ago.  They'd healed up nicely and the swelling had gone down.  I was able to eat all my favourite foods again...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My aunt and uncle came over after visiting Newfoundland.  Of course we have the big meal preparation, etc.  We had corn on the cob the past two nights.  And now my left bottom space where my tooth was removed is all swollen #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/6.gif"#ed_cl#  I know that the actually space where the tooth was has healed up and probably grown over, but everything around it is huge!  My theory is that since I was eating all that tough food, that maybe I irritated it and its gone back to being swollen.  It's only been about 2 days, but its a PITA.  It is uncomfortable to swallow or chew as it is puffy.  I've been rinsing with salt water to keep everything clean, been taking Ibuprofen for the pain, brushing my teeth and gargaling with Listerine, and icing my cheek.  Basically everything I can think of to make it feel better...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm so depressed now.  I'm back to a chipmunk, or at least I feel like it :(  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Do my 'theory' sound right?   I know that corn can get stuck between your teeth which may have also happened.  And I know or at least hope that the area where my tooth was removed is closed.  If nothing happens then I'm back to Mr. Oral Surgeon for a check up!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Terry3025 on Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby Dream_Merchant » Mon Aug 15, 2005 8:40 am

<font face='times new roman' size=2 color=#609A9F><i>
*Shudders at the mention of a dentist*

I've just been to one having fillings and needles and all the jazz - AHHH!!!! Those dam needles are the scarest things around man!!

I think if you have tried icing it down and cleaning it like you have been, then it would be best to go back to him for a check-up -- it might have got a small infection in there, though that would be nearly impossible with how you've been keeping it clean. Who knows, the mouth is a mysterious place, but I would definately be having a check up if I were you, at least then you would know what was going on, and he might have a way to aid the healing process or whatever has happened!

I hope it gets better soon!</i></font>
<font color=royalblue><i><b>Horse; you are truly a creature without equal - for you fly without wings, and conquer without a sword

NCAS Level One Coach</i></b></font>
Dream_Merchant

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmm...if you say it's healed up, then I would think that it SHOULD be alright. But if it doesn't go down in a couple more days then definitely go back and see your surgeon. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't envy you..I just found out a few days ago I have to have all my wisdom teeth yanked...ouch! Good luck!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby zooka » Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would think that it would have healed but still sensitive....&nbsp; I think you should wait a few days and take it easy on what you eat.&nbsp; It is a large area that needs to fill up where the tooth no longer is.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Emerald » Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My Dentists have made a lot of money from me. Although I have strong Bones, my Teeth are another story, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You have to remember having a tooth removed is like minor Surgery, and the wisdom tooth is a large tooth . It would not take too much to aggrevate it, and like any surgery the recovery time should fully be understood. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Go see you Surgeon and or your dentist. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#An unpleasant experience I encountered was after having a tooth extracted I was eating an apple got a small piece stuck in the opening, while pulling it out with my tongue managed removing the blood clot , exposing the BONE. That was very PAINFUL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Fortunately the dentist was able use a filler and within a day or two I could function again. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby Terry3025 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 5:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks everyone!&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am waiting until tomorrow, and if I still can't eat properly, am in pain, and the swelling is still there, I will make an appointment ASAP!&nbsp; The swelling is sooo weird.&nbsp; It not only encompasses the spot where the tooth was, its going beside my other teeth and up my cheek.&nbsp; And its soft unlike the gums around the rest of my teeth.&nbsp; The swelling hasn't changed, it's just weird the way it is.&nbsp; Oh and of course, this had to happen on the tooth that was the most troublesome and most expensive.&nbsp; I usually have a high pain tolerance, but not with this!&nbsp; It's like a major toothache and earache that never stops...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If the pain is going up into your ears I would definitely get it checked out. You have lots of nerves that run through your face and such, and you don't want to wait too long if you've possibly irrated one (that is running up to your ears). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You also have to remember that just because the incision site has healed over, doesn't mean the entire area has healed. It takes up to 6months for bone to completely grow back in density. Of course it starts growing in much sooner, fairly quickly, but is not back to complete normalcy until about 6months. You could've aggrivated something. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Definitely get it checked out....there is nothing worse than tooth pain!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Terry3025 » Tue Aug 16, 2005 3:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well we managed to get an appointment today.&nbsp; The funny thing is I had a lesson today and after that and one hour before the swelling went down almost back to normal, lol.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So I go into the Oral Surgeons office and he looks and me and pokes and prodes my mouth, ouch to say the least.&nbsp; He says I have ( insert very long word with several syllabols) which in English is an abcess.&nbsp; He also said that it occurs less than 2% in patient.&nbsp; Lucky me.&nbsp; There was a chance that some bone is still in there which is causing this infection.&nbsp; So I'm back on antibiotics.&nbsp; I also have to swish with salt water (yummy) and massage the area.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh well, at least we know what it&nbsp;is!&nbsp; I was seriously considering not going to the Drs, cause the swelling had gone down soooo much.&nbsp; I'm glad I went though!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's sleepy time now...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#THanks for forcing me to go to the Dentists!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Terry3025

Postby *Giddy Up* » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh that sounds fun! But yes, atleast you found out!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Does that mean we get to treat you like a horse now?#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to EC Health Club