Body sugaring

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Body sugaring

Postby *Giddy Up* » Tue Aug 23, 2005 8:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey all,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm planning on sugaring my legs. I've looked online for some recipes and have found some. All recommend just finding cotton fabric cloth-like material that you can cut up to use as strips.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was just wondering- is this ANY time of cotton? Like a face cloth? Or is there a specific material I should be getting- and where can I get it from?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey GU - If you go to a Shoppers Drug Mart they have boxes of fabric strips specifically for sugaring. You can get all different sizes. I wouldn't try using just any kind of fabric, I couldn't see a face cloth working very well for waxing or sugaring. Good Luck! :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Aug 24, 2005 9:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i cant hadle waxing... too painfull, I bought it once and made a huge mess with it. My bf used the rest and waxed his stomach though hehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Wed Aug 24, 2005 12:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh excellent Dee! That's what I was looking for- yeah, I was thinking the same thing about a face cloth. That's why I found it odd- all any site said, was cotton strips. But that's good that they have them readily made at Shoppers. I will head out there today.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena- I'll tell you how it goes! Apparently sugaring is less invasive than waxing? We'll see. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Wed Aug 24, 2005 1:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've never heardof sugaring... is it done the same way as waxing?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Aug 25, 2005 11:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes Zooka, it's the same way as waxing- just a different substance used. It's the same stuff as Nads (if you've ever seen the commercial). I went online looking for recipes and I found one that someone found on the Nads website (Nads says it's all natural ingredients, therefore, why not make it at home?). It's also much cheaper considering Nads ranges from $30+.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I'll tell you how it goes- it better work!! I've had enough with shaving (I get this weird breakout of bumps from shaving- not razor burn) and I don't like depilitory(sp?) creams. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Foxie » Thu Aug 25, 2005 12:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GU explained it perfectly. It is the same...hurts the same as waxing. I tried it but it didn't work as well as waxing. Maybe it was the brand. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If I can't get in to the salon to get waxed....I do it myself with Veet wax Stripes. Non messy, easy to use and does the job. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hope the sugaring works!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Aug 25, 2005 6:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well so far I've made this one batch which had sugar, lemon juice and honey- it kind of worked. Like it did, but it didn't clearly take off all the hairs in the one area- I think it might have been to sticky- it was ripping well. So now I'm making a second batch that is water, lemon juice and sugar. We shall see.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So the Veet waxing strips work well? I've tried other home waxing strips and I've never found them to work very well for me. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was just thinking maybe I should go into a salon, but it's so much money and I have such a large area to get rid of- also that I need to do it before I go away on Sunday. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Aug 25, 2005 9:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ok, so here's my update.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I ended up going back to the first batch- the second one just wasn't taking. It works pretty well- however there are some stray hairs that get left behind. As for pain, it's not too bad- the first rip is the most painful, then if you go over the same spot again, it doesn't hurt. The only area that I found REALLY hurt was my upper inner thighs- I even have these purple/red spots from it- so I don't think I"ll be doing that again. I thought about trying my bikini line, but I think not! lol. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It helps to have a friend (or mother, like me) help to get the back of your legs, and also, it tends to work better if another person does it because they aren't reacting to the pain, so it pulls better (like if you start pulling and you feel the pain, sometimes I would let up a bit and all the hair didn't come off as well). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The only thing is- it takes a long time to do! Like 2 hrs or so...and that's just the leg part, not prep time. I'm wondering if I should just go and get it done professionally next time. We shall see- but its definitely worth a try for those of you who don't want to shave. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe too painful for me... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Foxie » Fri Aug 26, 2005 9:35 am

xena_n_joss wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe too painful for me... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol..you get used to it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Bikini needs to be done by a professional. Imo. Easy place to bruise the skin.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GU- you could always go to the salon get it done a couple of times...see how they do it then try again at home. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Dee22 » Fri Aug 26, 2005 10:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Your braver than I am GD!!! YOUCH! I use home cold waxing strips to do my upper lip and that is enough for me! LOL... I have a hard enough time with that, I have to really psych myself up for it LOL... I used to get my upper lip done professionaly with wax but figured it was easier just to do it myself at home. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#My brows I will only go to one or two specific people for those, I am picky about my eye borws and would rather walk around with bushy brows until I can get in for an appt than to have someone mess them up...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've never had my legs done before, I think for anything other than my lip I would only go to professional to do, faster, less pain etc. ... I MAY try getting my lower legs done, I don't think that would be too bad but the upper thighs and bikini are such sensative areas I don't think I could bare it! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think if I ever had the money I would get lasor done... pretty painless and it never grows back! I have a few friends that have spent a fortune on it, something like $300 per session and you need quite a few sessions! No way I can afford that!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for sharing your experiences with us GD :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Aug 26, 2005 8:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, I was thinking about that Foxie. So if I go proffessionally to say get a bikini wax- will it hurt less and not bruise? Cause boy, doing my upper inner thighs- holy cow I have bruises! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol Dee- Yes, laser would be nice...but yes, there's the money factor. It's not so bad to do the legs. The first rip is the hardest, but after that it's fine. Actually, when I was doing the FIRST rip, I almost couldn't do it!! But then it was fine.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you ever decided to do it Xena, get someone else to do it for you, then they'll rip if off fast before you know it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Sat Aug 27, 2005 5:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#owwie.. man I hate waxing... my biggest problem with the bikinni area and getting a proffessional to do it is I would feel odd with someone so close to that area that I do not know..... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Sat Aug 27, 2005 7:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#haha I already tried just letting my bf do it but I still couldn;t... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby horsemad! » Mon Aug 29, 2005 12:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#I’m with you Zooka!#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#I have a pretty big space bubble, and for some random stranger to be down there doing that…. nuh uh!#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#   #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#I find a razor and good shaving cream works just fine for that, thanks!#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#I used to get my legs waxed, but hated having to let it grow in before getting it done again, so I’m back to shaving.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#I can’t imagine taking 2 hours for a DIY waxing/sugaring job.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#I’m too busy for that! #ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl# #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Megan Ball » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've had professionals wax me and I've done it myself with do-it-yourself strips. I can't wax my own legs!! I can wax my face no problem, but I can put on my strips on my legs, but hubby has to rip them off for me. I wax his chest for him too as he is too chicken to even put on the strips! I have this plucker machine thing that kinda looks like an electric razor, but it just has these peices that close and grab the hair and then pull it out. I've had good success with that! NOW mind you the first time I did it I was almost in tears til I figured out that if ya wax your self first and when the odd hairs start to come in that's when you go for the plucker! I'm used to it now and it doesn't hurt anymore, but I can't bring myself to use it on my bikini zone area yet. My armpits are the best success that I've had with it- never hurts and I don't get the dark stubble from shaving or the itchy grow in time of waxing. Speaking of getting rid of hair I really should go and do my legs now. Bye!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby Foxie » Mon Aug 29, 2005 1:51 pm

*Giddy Up* wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, I was thinking about that Foxie. So if I go proffessionally to say get a bikini wax- will it hurt less and not bruise? Cause boy, doing my upper inner thighs- holy cow I have bruises! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It'll still hurt but not as much and you won't get the brusing. It's all about technique. You're supposed to hold the skin tight when pulling the strips off. Also skin is more sensitive around your time of the month. Best time to wax is a week after.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It really isn't weird to have your bikini waxed by someone. You leave your underwear on and they are all professional about it. I have one person that I go too. It's not a big deal after awhile.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now getting the brazilian done,(from what I've read) that's another story.........#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Emerald » Thu Sep 01, 2005 2:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know you are going to hate me for this, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#remember Epilady ? well same principle pulling hair out. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But you know , what happens is that when it grows back it is not as thick, Now I don't even need to, Less hairs and are so fine you can't see them. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But Not the Bikini line, (I shave in the season) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby Finch » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#007f40#ed_cl#Now I am thankful my man loves me the way I am because I don't have enough time or the inclination for all the waxing & plucking. Shave where necessary and get on with life.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#007f40#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#007f40#ed_cl#Waxing is out for me tried it once that was enough!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//tired.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#007f40#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#007f40#ed_cl#Now I maybe old, but why are the guys all shaving their chests these days?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#007f40#ed_cl#Hard to tell if they've hit puberty yet    #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl# - don't get me wrong I not into hairy apes either!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Finch
Newbies
Newbies

Next

Return to EC Health Club