Body sugaring

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

Postby Rio Roulette » Sat Sep 03, 2005 6:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm with Emerald. I use a Remmington Epilator (59$ at Walmart). It's a breeze. 24k gold spinning wheels grab the hair and yank it out. Only stings the first couple of times until you get used to it. No water, no sugar, no help.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I used a cold wax strip on my upper lip once, and couldn't leave the house for a week. What a mistake. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The epilator is for any hair, legs, bikini, face, underarms. It was a godsend. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rio Roulette
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Emerald » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rio,#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley5.gif"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#you did the Bikini line with an Epiilator  ???? Ouch!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I must admit I shaved this area as it was only a concern in summer. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now I am kind of not worrying about the bikini line as doing all the care of my horses myself , working , riding, I don't have time to sun tan or lie by the beach or someone's pool . #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know it did hurt the first couple of times I used the Epilator, but now I have so few very fine hairs I don't even bother any more, I did use it for many years. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby Rio Roulette » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Emerald - yup - the instructions say that if hair is too long, that you need to scissor it before using the epilator. It's no more painful than doing my upper lip, that's for sure #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//nervous.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rio Roulette
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Emerald » Sun Sep 04, 2005 5:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well since my personal life is not doing too well , I am going to keep this in mind if another man is in my life. I never thought of cutting first. It does make a lot of Sense. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh really, tell me more about this Epilator!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've seen something that sounds just like it on tv, but it sounded more like a razor type of thing- although it looked interesting. I like the idea thought that it makes the hair come back lighter and thinner.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So far it's been 1.5 weeks or so and it's coming back already- although slower then shaving. However, the thing is, is that it's not coming in even, so some areas are getting long while others haven't grown in at all or are just small. The good thing though is that the hair is already much lighter than with shaving, so I don't want to go back to shaving. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Emerald » Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Giddy-Up, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#First you need to know it is painful when you first start! I have know many of my friends who have tried it once , and never gone back. After a couple of times it does get easier. Some areas are more sensitive than others. Surely , as Rio mentioned cutting the hairs with Scirrors first should be considered. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#They have different names, depending on the manufacture. Mine is really old but still works. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Basically it is a rotating tightly wound coil, that quickly grabs the hair out., Perhaps because it does this the tiny hair opening closes up and the root is not so big, so eventually it is really small and the hair is really fine, eventually it stops growing in all together. They suggest baby powder be applied first. Unlike like shaving which encourages the hair to grow back in thicker. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You could have a glass of wine or 2 to dull the pain, to start , or take a couple of aspirins. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just want to warn you, as I said a lot of ladies try it once and give up.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby Rio Roulette » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I guess the principle between waxing and epilating are the same - ripping hair out by the roots to discourage future growth. Epilator is a one time purchase, no more wax strips to buy. Secondly, there is less danger of taking skin with an epilator (speaking from experience I erred the first time I used a wax strip on my upper lip and it took 2 weeks for all the scabs to subside). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Check out Walmart, they have the best prices.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rio Roulette
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Emerald » Thu Sep 08, 2005 9:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Also thought I'd mention epilator is quick and less messy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Sep 08, 2005 7:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, it does sound much faster and easier, but very painful you say?? Hmm. Too bad I dont' know anyone near me who already has one that I could try...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Wed Sep 21, 2005 8:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I did the sugaring for the second time and I must say, it hurt MUCH less- I barely flinched. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#However, the thing I notice is that it was leaving a stuble look (perhaps the way my mom was pulling) but still, I don't like that so much, and the fact that it takes like 1.5hrs to do my legs- that's alot of time. So I'm thinking of trying something else for my legs. I'll keep the sugaring for other areas of my body (stomach and toes) but I was thinking about the bladeless shaving stuff- anyone tried that?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Previous

Return to EC Health Club