I need to lose weight!

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

I need to lose weight!

Postby Serenity » Tue Aug 30, 2005 8:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I need to lose weight and I am very self conscious with my weight and my scar...I have a huge scar and stretch marks....and I am 6ft and 210 lbs!!! I need some plan...but I can't go for walks, or jogs ect because of my asthma (and laziness, lol)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~* Serenity Love *~
Serenity
Groupie
Groupie

Postby graciespook » Wed Aug 31, 2005 7:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hear ya, I'm in the same boat..but...to start with I'm making some changes. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Some tips--if you have to drink pop, drink diet, and even better, go for water with a lemon in it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Buy veggies and cut them up into containers. Buy a low calorie dressing and dip veggies instead of going for chips or crackers, or something with equally empty calories. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When you snack, don't bring the snack container. Put your snack on a small plate. The smaller plate will give the illusion you have more, and by not bringing the box/container, you don't eat the whole thing. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't eat 4 hours before you go to bed. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eat little, eat often. Just like our horses. If you eat small snacks throughout the day, you won't be as likely to pig out on a meal, and it keeps your metabolism going. Not eating for long periods during the day will make our bodies 'store' the fat because you've stopped eating. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Air popped popcorn with seasoning instead of chips. Low fat substitutes for sour cream, cream cheese, everything! And even a small walk won't hurt. Taking a few a stairs instead of an elevator, playing with a pet, doing laundry!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby chenders01 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 8:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What does having a scar have to do with losing weight??  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We've had quite a few posts on this topic, so you should go back and read them, as there are lots of good tips for losing weight.  The biggest factor is taking in fewer calories and increasing your exercise.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You say you're lazy...heh heh!!  I think we ALL are.  The key to exercising is to find something you enjoy and that you can easily work into your lifestyle.  If it's too much of a hassle or something you don't enjoy, you won't stick with it.  If you have asthma, you should go for something where you won't be huffing and puffing.  Aquafit is really good.  Gives you a whole-body low-impact workout.  Riding is good too (do you have a horse?).  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Losing weight is not easy...it's a constant struggle.  But like anything, you have to commit yourself to doing it and you have to make some sacrifices (ie. you can't pig out every day and expect to lose weight).  There are lots of programs out there that can help you, if you don't have the willpower to do it on your own (Weight Watchers, Herbal Magic).  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#    #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Serenity » Wed Aug 31, 2005 10:59 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Gracie! I will definately work on some of your suggestions...they sound easy, and I usually love veggies and dip. #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders, I haven't been on this bulletin board yet, I always only go on the "General" board, but I decided to look at some others, it's fun. So I haven't read any of the other posts....and you asked what does a scar have to do with losing weight? Well....this is how I see it, I always wanted to be able to wear a bikini....short top....sports bra (great to keep you cooler while cleaning the barn on hot summer days) so I decided to lose wieght, for myself and so I could feel comfortable wearing these items. Then I had major surgery, now I have a huge scar from my belly button down....and I was pregnant and had a miscarridge, so I also have a lot of stretch marks. So now, even if I do lose weight, I still can't wear those items because of the scar and stretch marks!!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~* Serenity Love *~
Serenity
Groupie
Groupie

Postby chenders01 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 11:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But Serenity, there are LOTS of other, form-fitting clothes that you WILL be able to wear if you lose weight.  You shouldn't let the fact that you won't be able to wear a bikini, stop you from losing the weight, if it'll make you healthier in the long-run.  Heck, I've lost 62 pounds and you wouldn't catch me DEAD in a bikini LOL!!  But the benefits to my health of packing fewer pounds, will stay with me for the rest of my life.  Looking better was only ONE reason for losing the weight...FEELING better and being healthier was more important for me #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//grin.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I stick with my suggestion to read the other threads on weight loss in this forum.  LOTS of good tips and advice for getting that weight off.  Good luck!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kerri » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:07 pm

I just started Weight Watchers 3 weeks ago and am down about 7 pounds
already (and that includes being away for a week to a horse show and
making some 'bad food choices' :) )....with still a long way to go. But
it's still very encouraging because I am not on a crazy restrictive
diet or anything, just much more aware of what I eat and what I should
be eating. I like their system because it's more of a lifestyle change
that is very maintainable long-term without feeling deprived. 
Kerri
Newbies
Newbies

Postby chenders01 » Wed Aug 31, 2005 1:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Weight Watchers never worked for me.  I found it waaay too lenient, and I didn't like the "group" atmosphere.  This time around, I joined a clinic (Beverly Hills) where I get one-on-one counselling and support.  It's a LOT more expensive than Weight Watchers, but for me, it was the only thing that has ever worked.  I know that a lot of people have had great success with WW though.  You just have to find the program that works best for YOU.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats on the 7 pounds of loss so far, Kerri!  It may not seem like much to you, but every pound adds up...and before you know it, you've reached your goal-weight #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//grin.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Wed Aug 31, 2005 3:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#7 pounds in three weeks is pretty darned good!! Way to go, Kerri!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ridingdouds » Thu Sep 01, 2005 10:21 am

Imho, anybody who wants to lose weight #ed_op#span style="color: rgb(0, 96, 191);"#ed_cl#has to take responsibility#ed_op#/span#ed_cl#.
For many people this is the real issue.  And find out why you put
on weight in the first place. Dieting without addressing the real cause
(or damaging habits, although  habits are often only a symptom)
can only lead to re-gaining the weight later.
Ridingdouds
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Emerald » Thu Sep 01, 2005 1:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Drink water, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When you feel like munching, grab a glass of water, with whatever, drinking the water along with it will help you feel full faster, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sometimes I get really tired during the day, I find after a couple galsses of water, as if it is flushing my system, but it may give you more energy. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Another culprit, (that I know you like) "salt" nasty little spice! Many processed foods have salt, and it is a major cause for water retention in the body. I am just as guilty as the next person. Even Club Soda , some have "sodium" a form of salt.; Salad dressing, Soups, Prepared Meats, prepared fast foods, in freezer box/microwave fast. etc. Not to cut out completely but try to read the ingredients, Canadian Packaging Standards require the ingredients be listed with highest content first. and descending value. So for example if you put barbeque spice on your Chicken and Salt is first on the list, you should know you are putting a lot of salt on. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Alcohol is bad for weight loss, lots of Zero value calories with no nutricional value.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would be willing to bet if you cut back on salt in your daily meals you would loose a lot of water weight. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is a vicious circle, this morning I got up weighed my self thinking I worked like a dog in the last couple of days sweating buckets and gained back 2lbs. NOT FAIR!, recapping I was drinking soda water not water, spicy chili , #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So as I key this in I would like to mention I have just drank 2 glasses of water. If it is the salt, as I suspect tomorrow I will be back down having flushed it out of my system. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Try to think water, every diet I know of includes "WATER" AS A MAIN INGREDIENT.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Sep 02, 2005 9:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#as the others have suggested, EAT HEALTHY AND DRINK LOTS OF WATER!!!! If your body has a constant supply of water you will not retain water. Which can add weight to you. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im not sure if the air is bad for your asthma, but you sould really do physical activities... Or at least as much as you can without getting an attack. Maybe an air conditioned gym would work? You can do limited walking on a tread mill and get a weight training program to help tone the body as you lose the weight. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its really hard to just lose weight with eating properly because our bodies are designed to do physical activity in order for our bodies to function at their best... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck though!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tinkerbell27 » Fri Sep 02, 2005 10:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PPl with certain types of scars feel more selfconcience about that part of their body, I know this as Iam full of scars weither they be from lifes little mistakes or from surgery,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I too have been dealing with weight issues for as long as I can remember. Iam told that Iam not over weight for my body type and such but I feel and think that Iam over weight,even thought over the past few years I have lost close to 40lb's. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Too all of thoses out there that are dealing or have delt with a weight problem or a eating disorder I know what your feeling, the same goes with scars, I've have so many surgerys over the years that I've lost count and forgotten what they were for.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Iam sure that what I jsut posted will just get looked over, but oh well #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Take care,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tink#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Tinkerbell27
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Marty_Jones » Fri Sep 02, 2005 11:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I too have asthma I run/jog I just take it easy and I take my inhaler. I do cough and hack up some grossness but I deal with it. I only run night and when its not humid or too warm I usually run until the snow comes cuz it get too cold and winter kills my breathing. However Ill be in T.O. this winter so Im hoping to run during the day(dont want to get stolen lol) and in the winter its much warmer in T.O. then in Muskoka.I used to be on 4 inhalers so I could swim competitivly, but I gave that up I really didnt need to be on that many types of drugs lol. Im only on 2 now. I also do crunchies when I remember and Im not too tired. I dont eat too much junk food only Caramilk bars teehee. I cant hold back the urge on those lol.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now for stretch marks go to Wal Mart and get a container of Coccoa Butter. Put it on after every shower, It will soften and eventually get rid of those marks.(worked for me anyways). Try it on your scar it may lighten a bit... Where is your scar?? You cant really help having a scar, its not like you wanted it there. I have one on my forhead from skating and its slowly gotten smaller. But I was younger when I got it. Dont worry too much about your scar people should look past that, and if not you dont need them in your life anyways, they arent worth it. So good luck and let us know how you do.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tinkerbell27 » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl#I too am a runner, have been since grade school (Track & Field) doing so with Asthma, and sever knee problems, later diagnosed with #ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#a low bone dentisitny and which by the way is hortatory along with calcium build up and Bone detraction, which in my case was good, as at the age of 17 I didn’t need a double knee replacement, just some cleaning up of the joint.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl#At the age of 16 I was 185lbs, 5”7, very active, with no reason as to why I was over weight, I was gaining weight but hardly any muscle. I’ve always been a physically active person, (Gymnastics, Running, Kickboxing, Boxing, Riding). Mean while tending to the family farm (200 acres). Breeding/ raising Scottish Highlander Cattle, along with horses, and other livestock (small and large). #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl#With giving some of my background you can see that I was a very active person, I was just fighting the family gene, (mother’s side tends to be of the heaver set). At the time I didn’t know about Muscle mass.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl#I didn’t find any diet helped me control my weight. At one time I felt that I was doing well, that was until I went grad dress shopping with my best friends, (all no-more then size 2 or 3) and with me being like a 14, 16 or so. Hard to deal with. And at the time I was 175lbs. Later found out when I seen a dietician that I my so called weight problem wasn’t with fat. In fact that the reason I wasn’t loosing weight was that I was gaining muscle, at the time I didn’t know or didn’t think about muscle buildup, all I was concerned about was weight. #ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#And trying to be like to girls in the magazines or the other girls at school.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl#I guess what I’m trying to say is take care of yourself, find out all you can before you decide to diet, see a dietician, learn all you can about your body and physical state and activity, I know that If I listened ppl that I knew were more experienced and wiser than I, that I wouldn’t have went through as much hell as I did.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl#I can honestly say that now I’m at a good weight for my body, I’m 27, still active as I was when I was a teen and younger, still suffer from Asthma and joint pain, still going strong. Knowing that I’m doing the best that I can, that is healthy for ME.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl#I know that in time I will need complete joint replacements, the way I think about it is that, I’ll do all I can while I can.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl#So again what I’m trying to say is, so try and be someone that you’re not, just be you, #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl#So what if you don’t have the so called perfect model body, how cares. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl#I just hope that you’re not trying to loose weight to fit in, or the like, seem too many wonderful ppl suffer and loose their lives over STUPID WEIGHT ISSUES.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl#Take care, and hope that my rambling makes some kind of sence, Sorry for the novel.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl#Tink#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#aa4d4e#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Tinkerbell27
Newbies
Newbies

Postby xena_n_joss » Sat Sep 03, 2005 5:51 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well said Tinkerbell... There is no reason to be stick thin. But being a healthy weight is whats important. I have done the whole modelling school bit, and one of the things the teachr had said was that even if you are over weight, you should still tone yourself, because having a bigger waistline that is toned will look so much better then not being in shape at all. Because she said there is more demand right now for people of all shapes and sizes... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The key is toning... aparently... hehe. Toning will take off a few inches in itself anyways. But it wont take off weigh because of course muscle weighs more then fat.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Obviously if your 6ft your going to have a much bigger waistline, IMO anyways. My friend is 5'8 and I know just the way her frame is built that is is not realistic for her to weigh what someone who is my height.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Emerald » Sat Sep 03, 2005 8:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The other day , the "Toronto Star" had one of those inserts , it was for Plus Size Lingerie, Sorry I can't remember the name of the store but , The lady who was modeling , A perfect example that of Beauty , I just look at these things as would I like to look like that? and the model came accross as confident and sexy. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for your scar Serenity, I would the Cocoa Butter , an inexpensive solution , #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Think less to exposing the Mid section maybe more shoulder, cleavage, French cut full piece Bathing Suit.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would also like to point out to everyone , #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Serenity has the most Awesome Hair !!!! It is REALLY THICK LONG WAVY NATURALLY BLONDE HAIR. !#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We would kid each other, she wanted hair more like mine, (fine and thin) She would trade some of her hair to me. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Sep 04, 2005 10:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You should definitely check out the other post, because I know this post has come up again and again, and the info is almost always the same.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My comment would be that it is not a DIET that you need, but a LIFESTYLE change. You need BOTH exercise and diet changes to help you loose weight. You need to do a minimum of 30mins a day of regular exercise (that's what everyone should do- reagrdless of weight). However, if you want to loose weight you need to increase your cardio and add in some light weight training for toning- weight training will help you burn fat as well as toning up your body as you loose weight (so you don't have left over skin from where it was once stretched). Even though you have asthma, you still need to be active, and you will find as you work out, you will strengthen your lungs- not that your ashtma won't bother you, but it should get better. Actually, the best thing for asthma is to get outside in the fresh air and get active. There should be no reason why you can't go out for a walk- you don't have to be power walking, just do what you can.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cut out the junk food. Think lower fat foods, but watch the labels for things like what kinds of fats are in it, sugars, salts (this is a big one, as said), and what not. You can easily make small adjustments that will help- eat whole wheat and whole grain products (breads, pastas and cereals), drink water, switch your coffee to green tea, eact.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby TrueColours » Sun Sep 18, 2005 7:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=postbody#ed_cl#well - I started mine 5 days ago and so far so good! ! #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Its at: #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.isagenix.com/" target=_blank#ed_cl#http://www.isagenix.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#A friend of mine tried this same program and he looks terrific - lost just under 30 lbs in about 2-3 months and he too stresses how it is a life style change and not a "diet" per se ... #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I was down 3 lbs in the first day but man - I have to go pee every 20 minutes or so, and I have never drunk so much water in my life before either ... By day 2 I was down 8 lbs and then I went on the phase of the diet where you eat a meal a day and then the other 2 meals are the meal replacement shakes instead#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#But yeah - when the scales greet you with a friendlier weight and your clothes fit better, I guess thats all the incentive one needs, isnt it?! #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=postbody#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#And funnily enough, I am NOT hungry either - far from it!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#If I could drop 30 lbs, I'd be one happy person ... #ed_op#IMG alt="Very Happy" src="http://www.ultimatedressage.com/forums/images/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif" border=0#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
True Colours Farm

Breeders of unique coloured Thoroughbreds and Sport Horses - standing Guaranteed Gold, 16.1hh cremello TB stallion

http://www.TrueColoursFarm.com
TrueColours

Return to EC Health Club