COLD MEDICATION - HELP!

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

COLD MEDICATION - HELP!

Postby Dee22 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay guys, I need your help! Two days ago I got hit with a nasty head cold... MAJOR sinus congestion, sniffles, minor sneezing and coughing and headachy... it's mostly the sinus congestion with the sniffles that's driving me NUTS though.... Unfortunatly i *have* to camping this weekend, my boyfriends friend has planned a year end trip for about 16 people, I have also invited some of my own friends so can't really get out of it. My boyfriend and I are only going from Saturday until Sunday but I still would love to go and NOT feel like I'm feeling right now #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley11.gif"#ed_cl#. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#SO, my question is this... can anyone recomend to me a cold medication that works *really* well? I have tried the Tylenol Cold Day/Night... I find the night stuff works 'okay' but the day time medication does nothing for me... can anyone suggest anything else? Something that will at least help with the congestion? I sound like Donald Duck#ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley5.gif"#ed_cl# and feel like my nose is going to explode!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Fri Sep 16, 2005 11:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You got it too?  I had it a couple of weeks ago, still don't feel great (of course, third cold this summer - beginning to feel like I was run over by a Mack truck).  The best thing I've found for clearing out sinuses is something called Hydra-Sense.  It's a saline solution that you squirt up into your nose and rinse out your sinuses- I know, it sounds gross, but it really seems to help.  You can get it at the drugstore#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I like Otrivin.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Otrivin can be addictive, you get rebound congestion if you use it too much.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Fri Sep 16, 2005 3:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not to mention nosebleeds. I used to have a pretty bad Otrivin habit, but am now down to colds only. It does work though.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Buckley's? (That works for colds doesn't it?) You know what they say, it tastes awful, but it works.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In the past I've just worked with tylenol cold and flu and Distran for spraying in the nose. You can also try putting some Vick's right under your nose so that you can breath it in- it should help clear your nose out. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Megan Ball » Mon Sep 19, 2005 6:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sinutab for daytime and Actifed for night time for your congestion! Dristan is also addictive so don't use it for more then 3 days. I hope you feel better soon!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby Emerald » Wed Sep 21, 2005 4:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Benilyn DM for Colds,#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But if you try all thses suggentions you may be a bit LOOPY #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby zooka » Wed Sep 21, 2005 6:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just got over it and I was taking Dristan so I could sit through my classes without my head feeling like it would explode and a waterfall coming out my nose!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks guys! I ended up taking a recomendation from a friend (Contac) and it worked great! Thankfully, I'm pretty much over this nasty cold now!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for your suggestions :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to EC Health Club