PMS

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

PMS

Postby Ruth » Thu Sep 22, 2005 1:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How do you gals deal with this? I'm feeling quite ugly today and I'm sure that's what it is. I'd been on Depo for a few years, came off of it in the spring, and am still pretty irregular. Yes, I do have a fair bit of stress, and a couple of up-and-coming issues to deal with, but nothing new since yesterday. I felt fine yesterday and today I am like Eeyore. I haven't slept too well these past few days, but this is a little above and beyond the usual lack of sleep prone to hysteria feeling. Usually I don't suffer from mood swings, I'm a pretty even-keel kind of gal so this is odd, and of course being on the Depo I wasn't getting hormonal fluctuations.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#meh I have PMS daily... Im on alesse now but I still have moody days, headache days, crappy stomach feeling days and non-sleep days constantly. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ive had a permenant nauseating migrain from the last week or so and no amount of tylenol or other painkillers has been able to fix it. I go through plenty of bowel changes daily, im sure you dont want to hear about that though lol... I barely ever can sleep, I went to my doctor and he was trying to insinuate that I was depressed which im not. I have a perfectly happy life. I literally only sleep about 3 hours total at night. I go to be at 11 wake up several times and get up at 5:30-6...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im always tired but I can pull through. Lots of stuff annoys the hell out of me though. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Thu Sep 22, 2005 2:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena, none of that sounds like much fun! Lack of sleep definitely leads to being easily annoyed for sure.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am alternating today between wanting to slit my own throat or wanting to slit someone elses and it's really bugging me. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/23.gif"#ed_cl# I can't shake it. Mostly to slit my own. Luckily, we have had no difficult patients today. Yet.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Sep 22, 2005 3:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe I probly sound like a big whiner now. Oh well... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Sep 22, 2005 10:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmm...I noticed that I just to get pretty mood- I don't know, hasn't seemed so much lately.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#HOWEVER...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I usually only get cramps on the first day, but these last few times they've been cramps from HE-double hockey stick! Like I just got mine the other day and the pain was so bad I went home from school early, and couldn't even sit through my entire last class. I had cramps, but the worst part was my lower back was SO sore and completely cramped up. I find acetaminophin does nothing- I need Ibprophen.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, after getting home, taking more drugs and lying on a heating pad for 45mins, they finaly went away- blasted things. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Fri Sep 23, 2005 1:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Luckily I don't get bad cramps anymore - I used to get them so bad that I would nearly pass out. I remember #ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#crawling#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# to the bathroom to get painkillers on more than one occasion.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I haven't started with any bleeding yet. I am still a bit Eeyoreish today, but I slept better last night and that helped. I tell you, yesterday was also like somebody stole my brain too - I won't get into the number of things I forgot/stupid mistakes. I think they have returned half of it today.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Emerald » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Mood Swings, and I would deny every ounce of them being related to PMS.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#NO! IT'S NOT THAT TIME OF THE MONTH, I JUST HATE EVERYTHING AND HAVE NEED OF A PUNCHING BAG. AFTER I TAKE A 1/2 dozen PAIN KILLERS. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just listen to the little voice in the back of your head, "It will be OK in a couple of days."#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ninja.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Emerald on Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Emerald

Postby Ruth » Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, that's what I kept telling myself, but holy mackeral what a mood I was in that day. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was a little better the next day and fine the day after that, which was the day the curse arrived.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby EatMyDust » Thu Sep 29, 2005 5:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#DEAR GOD! I feel everyones pain....I HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF BEING  A #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#Woman#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#  its pathetic...cramps, mood swings, cant sleep...why do we have to deal with it...why cant the men have this:(#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby pmc » Thu Sep 29, 2005 6:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just wait til you have to deal with menopause! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The only good thing about menopause is that finally, no more pms!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So there's a light at the end of the tunnel, ladies.  It just may be a very looooooooong tunnel....#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby EatMyDust » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GU- OH BOY Do I feel your pain...last night the pain started at 3 when school got out...I went home put on my PJs and went and layed in bed and watched TV...after supper the pain was worse so I layed on the kitchen floor, because its hard...well my dad yelled at me and as soon as he hears PERIOD...hes gone...well after coming back to life, he told me to go and put the heating pad on my back, and lay in his lazy boy chair...well for 3 hours I layed there as the pain shifted from my back to my stomach, I thought I was going to vomit. At 10 the pain in my lower back was still there, so my parents rubbed that Ice soothing stuff and I went to bed, I layed in more positions then imaginable, then took some nyquil, and I was finally out(it doesnt help that im sick either) then this morning I woke up and the pain is still in my back...my friends were giving me everything today and trying to make the pain go away...at one point the pain was so bad I was shaking and I couldnt concentrate...it is now 10 and I still have horrible back pain...im definitly wearing the PJ's to school tomorrow! Does anyone have tips on getting rid of the back pain?? The past 6 or 7 monthes have been brutal...I cant handle it anymore...theres nothing that helps... I hear excercise is supposed to work but as soon as I move the pain gets worse:S#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PMC- Menopause...that involves heat flashes...i already get those! and im only 17!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Sep 29, 2005 9:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You know what, if you think about, say you get your period at the age of 12 (about the average age) and you have it until you're about 50(?)- that's 38 years of having PMS every month! Insane...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#EMD- I too wonder that sometimes- but then I remember, there's a reason why we get all the pain- because we can handle it#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl# (remember, WE are the ones who give birth).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I used to have bad mood swings- and of course I would too deny it. My mom would point it out- and I'd be like "no! I am SO not snapping!" But it's true...however, I think I've gotten better about it. I try and make a concious effort not to be like that. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The only other thing I can suggest for helping any sort of PMS issue is exercise. For cramps, the uterus is a muscle, and what do you do when a muscle cramps up? You stretch it out. The best thing for cramps is some stretching and exercises. And, exercise releases those feel good endorphines, which will help with the mood, or, the other way you can look at it, if you're ready to kill, you can take all that anger out in some a good competitive game.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ah, but GU, how do you exercise when you can't get up off the floor without passing out?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Boy, I don't miss those days.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As far as the back pain goes. Do you take painkillers EMD? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Emerald » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#EMD, If you go thru this every month, something sounds wrong. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The last time I went thru a simuliar experience , several years ago , It was determined I had a Cyst, which Broke, (I am on the past menopause side now) .#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was litterally crawling on the floor , I could not stand up. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The Period, Those days are a "Write Off" I used to have problem with my equillibrum as well, Although I have always been involved in sports, on those days I was falling apart, and not worth a dime. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby graciespook » Fri Sep 30, 2005 2:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I used to have pains so bad I couldn't move from the bathroom between back pain, vomiting, you name it. Eventually I went on the pill and it regulated it. (after trying 4 or 5 different pills). My period was complicated by my bleeding disorder, and can still affect it, pill or not. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It sounds painful and tough, but get up and exercise..I always want to lie in bed, but if I go out for a walk, etc etc, its much much better. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Re: ...

Postby Adpaga » Fri Sep 30, 2005 3:09 pm

*Giddy Up* wrote:#ed_op#div#ed_cl#You know what, if you think about, say you
get your period at the age of 12 (about the average age) and you have
it until you're about 50(?)- that's 38 years of having PMS every month!
Insane...#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# 
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
There is a contraceptive available in europe that you take without
"period stop" - thus no PMS. It is currently beeing evaluated for
approval in Canada, and is known by my local walk-in clinic doctor who
told me about it. Maybe you should ask your doctor so you could benefit
of it when it comes on the market? I asked mine to put me on the list
for it, I am lucky not to know what PMS is, but just can't stand the
period with all the cotonny things that go with it (sorry).#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
Remember: happiness is a way of travel, not a destination
Adpaga
Groupie
Groupie

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Sep 30, 2005 5:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ruth- Yeah, that's a bit of a problem with the passing out. I think the idea is to start stretching it out as soon as it starts.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That was part of the problem with me last month, my stomach was sore, but I couldn't stretch it out because it hurt my back too much- quite the dilemma. I do think there comes a point when the best thing is just to lie down and rest (my gym teacher always says she won't take having your period as an excuse not to participate because exercise is the best thing- but boy, I think there comes a point when the only thing I CAN do is curl up in a ball). But with being sore, I think that's where the heat pad comes in.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#EMD- I agree, something does not sound right with that! I have a good friend of mine who for quite along time (and even still) got really bad cramps during her period- she goes back and forth to the doctors all the time to be put on new prescriptions because nothing works- at one point she was even on narcotics because the pain was so bad. However, they did figure out that she has endodimetriosis (atleast I think that's what it is- where the gland isn't located inside the uterus where it should be). You should go talk to your doctor if you're having pain that bad.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby EatMyDust » Sat Oct 01, 2005 5:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its always hard to tell between my period back pain and normal back pain. When I go riding I get a burning feeling in my back, and then I get it when I move to much, I just dont know.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you're having back pain regularly, and it gets worse after riding, then you should still see a doctor. Maybe you just need a visit to a chiropractor, massage therapist or a physiotherapist. A sime adjustment is all that is needed.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The part about riding making it worse is the part that sticks out to me, just because alot of times riding will help something feel better, so if it's making it worse then you know there is a problem.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It could also be a problem with your saddle or even your bed/pillows.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby EatMyDust » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well last night I was thinking about it, and I never feel the pain until I wake up after a nights sleep. I have a crappy bed, and I sleep with like3 pillows because of a bad neck(dads opinion) so I think maybe thats the problem. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Next

Return to EC Health Club