pinky finger distress

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

pinky finger distress

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My pinky finger is acting up. I dont know what is wrong with it but it has started since I started working full time... The pinky is so stiff and irritated, its so "annoying" feeling, like I just want to rip it off its so annoying. I dont know if its atheritis or what. But by the end of the days it is so "annoyed" and stiff that it is tingly. I can barely move it with any co-ordination... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kaleena » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What type of job are you doing? is it only on one hand? Your ulnar neve is the one that runs under you elbow (the one that you hit when you hit your funny bone), it also continues down to your pinky finger. I was having issues with my pinky and I learned that it was because I was leaning on my elbow too much at my desk(office job). I've made an effort not to lean on my elbow and when ever possible keep my elbow straight as possible and it worked. Now if you aren't leaning on your elbow or anything maybe you bashed it damaging the nerve? Just some thoughts :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://www.alrf.asso.fr/image_uk/ped_distauxmbrsup_ulnaire1.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Sep 26, 2005 2:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I work on a computer all day on the phone... The weird pinky is the right hand pinky that I use the mouse with.. I havent noticed if I lean alot.. .I will have to pay attention#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kaleena » Wed Sep 28, 2005 7:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmm...the mouse hand...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Is your forearm parellel to the floor with your wrist straight? Sometimes I get lazy and let my wrist bend too much, resting the back of my palm on the desk which breaks the straight line from my elbow to my wrist.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Try searching around on the internet for workstation ergonomics or office ergonomics and see what you can find.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Heres onsite I found on using a mouse properly #ed_op#A href="http://www.healthycomputing.com/office/setup/pointing/"#ed_cl#http://www.healthycomputing.com/office/setup/pointing/#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#One other suggestion is to switch hands, it sounds hard and its awkward in the beginning but you get used to it. I do this every other day. You can switch the buttons by going into the control pannel, clicking on mouse, then there should be a box to check that says something about switching primary mouse buttons.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to EC Health Club