At Home Microdermabrasion

Looking to get in shape, lose weight, eat better? Stay motived with your virtual gym buddies!

Moderator: EC

At Home Microdermabrasion

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was wondering if anyone has any "findings" with that new at home microdermabrasion product. The commercial says its comparable to getting it done professionally, but I was wondering if it worked and how well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The reason I am interested is for the exfoliation- I have acne scary and it apparently also helps get rid of black heads and such (clogged pores).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've already been to a dermatologist once before and was put on Accutane (it's just about the most severe type of medication you can get for acne) and while I was on it I had good results, but after being off of it (a year now) it's all come back. The booklet on it did say that sometimes you may need a second treatment, but I found taking it to be a hasle (had to go for monthly blood tests, which I had to do in the mornings before school, also had to fast to have them done, then the next week I'd have to take time off school to go see the dermatologist and wait for a 15-20min appt. where the doctor basically said "your results are fine, you skin seems to be doing well, here's your next prescription refill". Also, when taking the pills you had to be on quiet a low fat diet which isn't so bad, except that I could never eat anything! Like if I was a birthday party I'd have to say, "sorry, can't eat the cake, or chips because I have to eat low fat".  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So that was a pain, so I'm trying to look for alternate methods of dealing with the acne (I don't mind the acne itself so much- except for the black heads- it's the scaring that bothers me most). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ridingdouds » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:05 pm

I Giddy up! There is no way home microdermabrasion can be as effective
as the real thing. Same with glycolic acid, since products sold over
the counter are not as concentrated as those used in institute. Just
make sure you have waited at least 6 months after your Accutane course
before subjecting your skin to microdermabtasion, because as you know,
your skin's ability to heal decreases while you are on Accutane. To
help your skin, I would try detoxifying my liver and other eliminating
organs. Milk thistle is also a great supplements to strenghten your
liver. The idea is that by helping your other eliminating organs, you
will leave less burden for your skin.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Good luck!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Ridingdouds
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks RD.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've been off Accutane for about a year now, even more I think. Yeah, I was cautious about getting something "at home"- because products like that tend to work only half good. I think I may ask my doctor about some stuff the next time I'm in. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to EC Health Club