the person below me....

Chat about Western Riding, Trail Riding and anything in between.

Moderator: EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, a new horse would consist of a huge expense, no? The little colt that I have for sale, I just bought him not that long ago....plus I am looking into a new saddle.....geez, I need a job..:P#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The person below me went to horse camp (as a child or still does)....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Lix » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I did twice as a child!  It was good fun! (my first fall occured at the first summer camp too. LOL)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The person below me has had a horse fall down while ridding him/her.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby goldendryad » Wed Mar 09, 2005 9:59 am

#ed_op#span style="color: rgb(255, 128, 191);"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="4"#ed_cl#Kind of...on
Sunday my horse stumbled on landing after the jump...but we were both
fine. Oh and my old pony went down and tried to roll when I was a kid.
Silly pony...#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
the person below me...likes to ride in gymkhanas#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby taco2 » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes and No....I think Gymkana's are great fun.  I #ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#used#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# to ride in them #ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#all the time#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# when I was younger, now, my silly job as a mom/stable manager has me too busy!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The person below me knows how to drive a heavy horse team.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
taco2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby PerfectAngel » Wed Mar 09, 2005 1:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I guess I should let DD reply to this one, but I can say that I also can drive a draft team. It's lots of fun, if you have a good team!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The person below me likes Jumpers better than Hunters...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Wed Mar 09, 2005 4:48 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#yes because my horses were always more eager in jumper, likely because i was...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Person below me has competed on an "underdog" breed in any particular discipline.... ie tb in reining, or canadian or arab in reining/cutting...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby BarnBratCSA » Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I used to compete in the hunters on my "old style" QH; about 5 years ago.  He #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#looked#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# like a QH  - not very tall (about 15.3) and on the stockier side, which at that point was a very undesirable trait in the hunters. I think that until recently TB's and WB's were really the only "accepted" breeds in the hunter ring. heck, 5 years ago, I would've had a hard time selling a piant on the hunter circut. I think now it's become more acceptable for other breeds to break into the hunters, though. I must say, it's always more fun to win when you are considered the "underdog".   I also competed in an open show u/s class once on a full clyde.  hehehe. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The person below me has ridden an OTT #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#standardbred#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#   (I hope someone can reply to this one!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
A woman needs two animals in her life - the horse of her dreams and a jack@$$ to pay for it!
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby dressagenap » Thu Mar 10, 2005 10:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have!  I used to ride at a barn that had a Standardbred mare that I rode quite often.  I'm almost certain that she used to race :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The person below me ended up buying one of their favourite schoolies.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
dressagenap
Newbies
Newbies

Postby PerfectAngel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I really really should have....he's the horse on my post in #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#General #ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#about Has Anyone Ever Seen This Horse.....man, he was a fruitcake, and everyone hated him, but I loved him....I really hope I can find him. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The person below me think warmbloods cost too much....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby goldendryad » Thu Mar 10, 2005 11:59 am

#ed_op#span style="color: rgb(255, 128, 191);"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="5"#ed_cl#Me! #ed_op#font size="4"#ed_cl#Seriously,
I don't care who his grandaddy was or how long it takes to pronounce
his name, you can't ride a set of papers, and there is no way a hose
should cost as much as a house! There is one warmblood gelding I know,
nice enough fella but can't jump worth crap (even though he was bred
to) and does alright in dressage. But really he's nothing
special...just because he's a warmblood they want $30,000 for
him...he's huge and he can't even do a 2ft jump course even though he's
trained at one of the most advanced facilities in the area. It's just
silly!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
The person below me......prefers outdoor board to indoor board#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby BarnBratCSA » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My horse does!! He he.  One of them anyway.  Cody would rather stand outside in a blizzard than be in his stall. he loves to be outside.  Abby is more of a priss - likes blankets and her cozy stall.  I like having somewhere to put them in, especially when showing. My yearling doesnt care either way. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The person below me also has a young horse (less than 2 years old)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
A woman needs two animals in her life - the horse of her dreams and a jack@$$ to pay for it!
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby PerfectAngel » Thu Mar 10, 2005 12:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have 2 young horses.....one is 1 1/2 and the other is 9 mos. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/christine_and_angel_003.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Angel (1 1/2)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG height=533 src="http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y12/ShezaPerfectAngel/joe_facing_2.jpg" width=364#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Joe (9 mos..)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The person below me likes coloured horses (any...appy, paint, whatever)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Thu Mar 10, 2005 3:02 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I best like coloured horses, i raise paints! but not all coloured horses,,, some are just a lil toooo flashy for me!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#person below me isn't sure if the career they've choosen is reallythe right one for them.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kristie101 » Thu Mar 10, 2005 4:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well im in school for anoth like 10 years9highschool soon) and i realized years ago that it wasnt right for me!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/8.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The perosn below me Has just bought a new horse as a hunter prospect.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
//:.:.:.:.://
//Kristie://
//:.:.:.:.://
Kristie101
Newbies
Newbies

Postby sugar » Fri Mar 11, 2005 7:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I picked up the guy in my avatar as a hunter prospect for my daughter to ride.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://image28.webshots.com/29/9/45/48/288494548flcKYh_ph.jpg"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is his second time being ridden by us.  We believe he only got as far as having a saddle on him prior to us.  He was a rescue from the meat auction and changed hands a few times since originally rescued because he was such a nervous wreck and underweight.  No one really new what to do with him other than try to fatten him up and give hiim pasture rest.  But he was too good to pass up and so I just retrained him and tranformed him into a big willing TB puppy dog.  He is 6 this year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The person below me loves to trail ride with their dog(s).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
sugar

Postby goldendryad » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:06 am

#ed_op#span style="color: rgb(255, 128, 191);"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="4"#ed_cl#I do. My little
Sheltie is such a trooper and comes right along behind...even through
deep snow. My horse is also very dog tolerent, they get along well. I
haven't tried cantering with dog behind yet, though....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
The person below me...has a new dog.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby BarnBratCSA » Fri Mar 11, 2005 9:12 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, Diesel isnt really that new anymore (he's almost one) but sometimes it still feels like he is. He's a JRT and I love him to pieces. He's getting better with the horses, although I dont like him getting too close.  He'd like to  be friends with my barn cat, Roxy, but she wants no part of that.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The person below me has a barn cat that doesnt eat mice. hehe (I have one!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby taco2 » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:11 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We have 14 barn cats, and cuz of that not alot of mice!!! YEAH,#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl# so I', sure there is a cat in the barn who has never eaten one!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The person below me has a horse who is blind in one eye.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses Are Like Chips.....Once you have one....You Can't Stop
taco2
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Sodapoppers » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No, though Dream does have a bit of a cloud in one eye which we are keeping an eye on (pun intended hehe) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The person below me gets teary eyed watching their horse run and seeing their beauty#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Mar 11, 2005 11:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I wouldn't say that I get teary eyed, but I do love to watch my horses run...especially my filly, because she's not started under saddle, so I can imagine what she'll be like...she's SUCH a hunter ...lol. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The person below me enjoys training horses...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

PreviousNext

Return to Western etc.