helping jump start this board

Chat about Western Riding, Trail Riding and anything in between.

Moderator: EC

helping jump start this board

Postby goldendryad » Wed Mar 02, 2005 7:05 pm

#ed_op#span style="color: rgb(255, 128, 191); font-style: italic;"#ed_cl##ed_op#font size="4"#ed_cl#You're
favorite breed for western disciplines or the breed of horse you've had
that did the best! I'm hoping to not see too many QH cliche answers out
there, people.#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#img style="font-style: italic;" src="richedit/smileys/Teasing/5.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#font style="font-style: italic;" size="4"#ed_cl##ed_op#span style="color: rgb(255, 128, 191);"#ed_cl#Myself,
I like the Morgan. I've seen quite a few do it and they look so classy
all rigged up. I think that some arabians, though skilled, are too
dainty to look right under western tack, but Morgans look good and they
are really good at it.#ed_op#/span#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#img style="border: 1px solid rgb(49, 105, 198); cursor: pointer; background-color: rgb(198, 211, 239);" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/classic.gif');" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="richedit/smileys/classic.gif" align="middle"#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby BarnBratCSA » Thu Mar 03, 2005 8:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ah, I'm gonna give you the cliche QH answer! I have 2 QH's that I've shown western and the perform quite well. They're actually a very versital breed... I've done everything from western to jumping to dressage to games....you name it.  I must add though, that I have QH's, but I don't do AQHA western stuff.... I dont like that "peanut roller" way of going at all. So maybe that makes it a little less cliche...hehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Bluebird » Thu Mar 03, 2005 9:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Another cliche here!  You know I'm a die-hard QH girl, although I'd buy a paint if it was flashy enough and had the talent I was looking for (even though paints are just QHs with too much white!) #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

My Man!! Dualin' Pistols - 5 year old AQHA reining/cutting bred gelding by Dualin Gun (Dual Pep, Peppy San Badger bloodlines)

Life is Simple. Eat. Sleep. Rein.
Bluebird
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Thu Mar 03, 2005 11:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I will get this out of the rut ..lol nothing against the QH, I owned them for years and they make trail horses, as any breed can be if given the chance.  However I must get my little say in about the gaited breeds.  I have ridden different ones on the trail, and own a TWH currently who is an A-1  trail horse.  For anyone that is looking for a comfortable, smooth ride even after 4 or 5 hours go gaited.  And that is the way I see it....lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby BarnBratCSA » Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:56 pm

Bluebird wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(even though paints are just QHs with too much white!) #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehehe, I agree! I really do love my QH's, and I think it's safe to say that the next one I buy will probbly be a QH too!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
A woman needs two animals in her life - the horse of her dreams and a jack@$$ to pay for it!
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby AQHAgirl » Thu Mar 03, 2005 4:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay you already know what I am going to say... he he he.  I'm with Bluebird though I also like Paints and the odd Appaloosa....(all have QH blood).  I doubt I would ever make it to a AQHA world show or win amy regional shows but it would be fun......AQHA no longer likes the real "peanut pushers" and have changed the level at where there head can be.   Mine never was and never will be a peanut pusher.... She probably still holds her head too high for AQHA stuff..but oh well I love her to bits anyway.    #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Helen Thomson ~ In riding a horse we borrow freedom

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
AQHAgirl

Return to Western etc.