sausage with a saddle

Chat about Western Riding, Trail Riding and anything in between.

Moderator: EC

sausage with a saddle

Postby Eileen » Sat Apr 09, 2005 6:01 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I did it., I finally made time to brush my horse down, and slap a saddle on him and go for a short run....well it was more like riding a Tennessee Walking Sausage, than a TWH  lol  what a blimp he is.  He behaved pretty good for not being ridden in 4 1/2 months....probably because he is too fat to jump and be silly.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#With his winter hair, his unmuscled physique and of course good old fat, it was like straddling a chesterfield.....lol  Oh Have I got some work to do n ow....I think I may go riding tomorrow too and see if we cant chisel our way down to the horse under all of that "stuff"  lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby flashy_girl » Sun Apr 10, 2005 2:21 pm

i know how it feels to ride a fat horse it feels like every muscle in your leg is being pulled apart, like your doing the splits! hopefully you can chisel away that winter fat in time for any shows your going to be going to! good luck!
One of my babies!(well my sisters horse)
flashy_girl
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Eileen » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:21 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Flashy girl....I don't have to worry about any shows....I ride is all....just for the sheer pleasure of it.  In fact I went out again today for a much longer ride with a few small hills and some climbing and mud and water crossings....so he got a good workout and did fine too...not a lot of sweat either....but he is still fat.....I think that maybe some ty-bo or Richard Simmons workouts is what he needs.....lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Sun Apr 10, 2005 7:46 pm

Cut down on the chow and increase the exercise. I know how tough it can
be, my old mare packed on the pounds so easy. It was like riding a
blimp. It's easier to pack on those pounds than take them off with some
horses.#ed_op#img src="richedit/smileys//smiley5.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
At least you have a good excuse to ride.#ed_op#img src="richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#img src="richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl# HAH! As if you need an excuse to ride!!!
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Sun Apr 10, 2005 9:16 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For sure his rations have been altered as of the first day that I was home and saw him.....all winter he has had the hay shoved in front of him whether he had eaten the last portion or not....soooo he has tramped and pooped on it etc etc....what a waste but what can I say.....they are being fed and that is the main thing....It is family that is looking after things while I am away soooo I had better not whine too much....lol  We will get him whittled down to skin and bones by summer....lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby KBOC » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:21 pm

Tennessee Walking Sausage! LMAO
KBOC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:35 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#lol...maybe I could bring about a whole new horse registry....Koboc....whaddia think....lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby KBOC » Mon Apr 11, 2005 2:45 pm

I think a "Joke" Registry like this would case a serious amount of hysteria in the horse-world...#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
tenesseewalkingsausagehorse.org#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
The registry for gravitationally challenged equines...#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
KBOC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Mon Apr 11, 2005 7:06 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You might have something there KBOC, in order to register, the horse must be grossly overweight, out of shape with no muscle tone and waddle like a duck.  How much do you think we should charge to be a member and register our horse...???? let's be fair.  lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby KBOC » Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:44 pm

$!0 U.S.  Enough to pay for bandwidth.  They can print the registry themselves.
KBOC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Tue Apr 12, 2005 9:05 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//horsehead2.gif"#ed_cl#  Oh I love your idea of writing ones own certificate of registration, that will save so much $ for stamps and pen and paper and office help.....lol  Oh another money saver will be that there will be no inspections of breed or bloodline...it will all be on the honor system.  I mean you know what a mixed up mess the sausages must have in their DNA  lol that would be sooooo confusing....lol  Oh and I love the Fee of $0.00  that will surely bring in a lot of members....So I guess it is official now....TW Sausage....new breed coming up....lol  I'm guessing that I will be the first member here....the Fee is worth every penny I know....lol  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Tue Apr 12, 2005 3:08 pm

LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Tue Apr 12, 2005 7:40 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GD...what is so funny?  lol  don't you think that it will fly?  is the fee too steep....are the rules to extreme....? any suggestions on how to make it better, more appealing, for the public....lol  Oh yes I forgot to mention that these sausages have to be gaited....and all foals will be known as little Viennas....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Sun Apr 17, 2005 4:05 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe it is my imagination, but I think that my furry little sausage has lost some of his bulk...he could almost be mistaken for a wiener....lol  yes all of that brushing, and riding and diet is kind of showing I think....lol  I sure hope so....I got to whip him into shape before very many more people see him....lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby KBOC » Wed Apr 20, 2005 9:07 am

HUH??? What are you doing? FEED THAT BOY! We can't have the flagship sausage be thin!
KBOC
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:42 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL KBOC... I think I can get away with just hanging pictures of oats, hay bales, apples, and carots....where he can see them....he has been known to gain weight just being within earshot of anyone talking about food....lol  I will not be too hard on the old boy thought I dont want to really piss him off or anything....lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Sat Nov 05, 2005 7:25 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#This is an update on my once plump little sausage.  lol  Yes I have tried to keep him on a diet, changed his feed at the beginning of the year....I do believe the old boy has lost some weight here and the last couple of months he had  a little workout of sorts...up and down the hills, gaiting with his comrades and just general everyday trails.  He now looks more like a horse that the Goodyear Blimp.  lol  Poor boy he does love to eat.  I am just hoping that during the winter he does not gain all of this exess weight back.  Family members left behind to care and feed the animals seem to think that if they are not eating all that fattening additives with pelleted and fortified and extra bulk and this and that...and throw in somemore hay and if they are not eating that throw something else at them....oh I  hope that I have stressed the fact that a fat horse is not necessarily a healthy horse....#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby BarnBratCSA » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe, my family loves to feed my horses too!!  My gram goes over to give them apples (my barn is on her property), the neighbor brings his little granddaughter down to give carrots, and the guy up the road brings his little gril down to give treats, too.   Fortunately, Cody can always stand to gain a few pounds, and it never hurts Chance either.  But Duke is ENORMOUS and doesnt need another ounce!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BTW, just wanted to tell you guys thati  have a new rememdy for skinny horses - bread products.  I've been feeding my new horse bagles and corn oil along with his grain and free-choice hay and I think it's really helping!  I think the carbs in the bread help them pick up the weight fast, just like people, and they LOVE the taste.  Sierra's favorite flavor seems to be salt bagels, while Cody prefers cinnamon rasin.  :) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol hopefully they get the point.  I have one guy that just needs to look at food and he seems to gain weight....  really hard to do much with that kind of metabolism!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby chenders01 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:39 pm

zooka wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol hopefully they get the point.  I have one guy that just needs to look at food and he seems to gain weight....  really hard to do much with that kind of metabolism!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I can relate to this!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Next

Return to Western etc.