Trail riding...

Chat about Western Riding, Trail Riding and anything in between.

Moderator: EC

Trail riding...

Postby Eileen » Fri May 06, 2005 8:27 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yep I am going to take advantage of the sunny bright day, and stick the horse in the trailer and haul for an hour and meet some friends at a local county woodlot and go for a nice quiet little ride.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My TW sausage has slimmped right down to the size of a ball park frank....loss of winter hair and a diet and exercise must have helped some....lol  I will make sure that he gets some exercise today....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have not ridden for a couple of weeks with the wind, rain, snow, cold etc etc...just did not entice me out in that cold old saddle...plus I have been running the roads trying to get other things done with truck and trailers....that is a never ending job.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But it should be a good day...I will fill you in with the details when I get back...lol  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Bluebird » Fri May 06, 2005 10:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is a gorgeous day today Eileen...if I had my own sausage I'd have you pick me up on your way through!  Have a great ride!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

My Man!! Dualin' Pistols - 5 year old AQHA reining/cutting bred gelding by Dualin Gun (Dual Pep, Peppy San Badger bloodlines)

Life is Simple. Eat. Sleep. Rein.
Bluebird
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Fri May 06, 2005 11:22 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#lol....that is a deal...the next time that you are in town....we will have to arrange to meet and ride together and we can swap lies....lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Bluebird » Fri May 06, 2005 5:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#...or the next time you are in BC!  I can put you on a little reiner and we can head up into the mountains!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

My Man!! Dualin' Pistols - 5 year old AQHA reining/cutting bred gelding by Dualin Gun (Dual Pep, Peppy San Badger bloodlines)

Bluebird
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Fri May 06, 2005 5:20 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Done deal BB I will hold you to that one...I love riding in the mountains...there is no better experience...and camping with the pack horses It is the boss.....lol  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Hey I went riding and guess what.....the black flies like swarmed us when I got my horse out of the trailer...it was like one black fly spotted us and blew the whilstle for smorgasborad....lol #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#There were no black flies at my place less than an hours drive from there...only house flies...lots of them...maybe this is just a warning that the little guys are coming... lol#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Anyway inspite of the flies...we headed into the bush and there you go, the black flies all but disappeared....hah....what a treat.  There was plenty of standing water...and mud....but we got through it all....had a nice little ride.  The turkey hunters were lurking around. but me managed to stay out of their way..   It was a late ride so I guess the turkeys were hiding by then because the hunters were sort of packing up to go home when I got there.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Any way it was a gorgeous day for a ride inspite of the bugs....lol #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Bluebird » Fri May 06, 2005 5:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I sat outside today and got swarmed by regular house flies!  They would not leave me alone!  Pesky little buggers........ Then a couple rode by on thier horses and I got very jealous.....flaunting it right in front of me!  The nerve!  My bf was probably one of those lurking turkey hunters.....every day he is off he is sitting out in the woods - and he still has yet to shoot one!  That's my kind of hunting, where the bird can out-smart the human .......#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Bluebird
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Fri May 06, 2005 5:54 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Well BB I did talk to one of the hunters as he drove past my trailer...he had been in the bush behind me and I guess got tired of being outsmarted by *Tom*  lol  and got in his yellow pick-up (yuck) so I went over to the drivers side of the truck as it neared my trailer and he stopped and rolled down the window.  I asked him if he was turkey hunting...yep with a shotgun...I said are they just hunting in this particular section of the bush...he said well they are sort of all over but I think that they have all given up...no turkeys to be found and no hunters.....lol  Not a bad looking guy...young sound like your SO...lol  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I actually think that we ran across some of those turkeys....my horse (in the lead) was stopping and staring into the bush now and then...and I did catch a glimps of something moving quite fast....it could have been a deer or a turkey...all I saw was movement, no real shape.  But I like to think that the turkey can outsmart some of those hunters....lol  Way to go TOM....lol  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Bluebird » Fri May 06, 2005 6:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My bf is so funny - he has 5 guns, all he ever talks about is hunting, every day off he has he goes out hunting, and he has never killed a SINGLE THING!!!  I think he has shot at a couple of ducks once, but didn't hit any of them!  But he is always so excited to tell me what kind of animals and birds he's seen, what kind of tracks he's seen, etc.....  He keeps saying how once we get our own farm, that he is going to have a "skinning shack" - but it won't be much of a skinning shack if he keeps up his current "no kill" record!  Which is just fine with me, btw!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm just waiting for the day he kills a moose or something, and our freezer is completely filled with meat for the next 50 years......#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley29.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Bluebird
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Fri May 06, 2005 6:43 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#You BF must be related to my family....all of the men in my family are hunters, marksmen, fishermen, etc etc....target practice I was brought up on all kinds of game meals....deer, moose, bear, pigeon, pheasant, quail, rabbit, etc etc etc.  My dad and brother were always on rabbit drives, fishing was a great sport, infact I still like to fish and clean and eat them fresh now and then as well....again I guess it is in their blood like the horses are in ours....what can I say...lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Sat May 07, 2005 8:58 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#O.K. so the weather was so nice again today that I could not stand it...and I saddled up and rode out from home.  Well o.k. it was not a big deal I just went across the road up a long laneway into a bush and across a corn stubble field onto the cross road down it to another lane way down that laneway through some fields and back to my walnut grove and back to the road...and around to my laneway to the barn...whew....not a long ride but we had some exercise for fatboy....we will see if we can do the same tomorrow.  lol  He thinks that he should have Mothers day off....ha ha haa....#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Sun May 08, 2005 6:17 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Well fatboy had to carry me all over hells half acre again today.  It was such a gorgeous day, I could not stand it.  So after I got all of my little errends done and he was standing in the pasture looking like he was bored to death...I saddled him up, and away we went.  Went a different direction today. down the road, to neighbors, crossed the road and followed neighbors cedar hedge to his laneway to  the "back fifty" followed that for a ways till we come to another neighbors bush went into that and followed the trail till it came out into another corn stubble field followed the railway for a way, then cut back towards home sort of...back to the cedar hedge lane way and back onto my road and back home.  It  was not a long complicated challenging ride by any stretch of the imagination but hey, it was a little time in the saddle and some exercise for the four legged critter.  #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Bluebird » Sun May 08, 2005 7:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm sure with enough of these workouts he will be down to "ball park frank" size in no time!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Bluebird
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Sun May 08, 2005 10:28 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Thanks for the encouragement, BB.  once I get him down to the Ball Park Frank size I will still have some work to do....my buns don't fit anything much bigger than a Vienna weenie....lol  I got a lot of work to do here...lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to Western etc.