Would I be totally shuned if...

Chat about Western Riding, Trail Riding and anything in between.

Moderator: EC

Would I be totally shuned if...

Postby panzita0 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If I showed up at a rodeo with a english saddle on a horse who only direct reins and compete in barrel racing?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
panzita0
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Eileen » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:55 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#well perhaps, and maybe pointed at or laughed at.  But I would be more concerned with you the rider going around those barrels in warp sped bending,nearly  parellel to the ground  with no horn....not a good play for you I think.  Why are you asking this if I may be so bold?#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby panzita0 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 9:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well my horse loves to go fast and i bought him thinking i could do some jumper with him but he changed his mind about that and so i'm thinking that we'll try barrel racing but it's kinda costly to buy a western saddle when my horse knows english and i hate riding in western saddles.. I can seriously ride better bareback than in a western saddle. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
panzita0
Groupie
Groupie

Postby 2dapoint » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Are you kidding me?  Seriously - go for it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've done barrels (and poles and flag...) in english tack!  Personally, I feel it gives an advantage - it's easier for you to get "up" and with the motion when you blast for home, you can still "stay on top" with a deep turn, the horse is carrying slightly less weight... it just goes on and on#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Have fun being the main criteria!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Due to interpretational difficulties inherent in written communications, I respectfully suggest you refer to your coach for the answer; Imitation is still the sincerest form of flattery. Thank you, it's quite a lovely feeling to be so appreciated.
2dapoint
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby panzita0 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 10:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol that's encouraging :) but will i seriously get laughed at lol never mind it doesn't matter if people laugh they're gonna laugh at his mane for sure though haha it's cut straight across because he was brat for pulling and i got frusterated and just cut it :S#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
panzita0
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Kobau » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well first check with the rodeo, you may not be allowed to compete without proper western tack. Just like you can't go do jumping in western gear.  Check rules.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But yes you will get ppl staring pointing fingers, laughing etc.... but if you can compete in english gear go for it. I've done it... put in a run of under 14 sec once in english tack.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 11:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think it would depend on the show/rodeo.  Like GD says, check the rules.  You may not be allowed to show western classes in english gear.  Some clubs that are not as serious allow it, but others don't, so check into the rules before just showing up.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby panzita0 » Sun Jul 24, 2005 10:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ok, awsome I"ve discided now, soooo my next question is where are the rodeos or western fairs ?? I live half hour from london (st marys) and i'm totally new here lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
panzita0
Groupie
Groupie

Postby flashy_girl » Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:57 pm

Well there is a barn called White Willow that puts on some every once in a while, and the Dorchester Fair grounds have some on every once in a while.
One of my babies!(well my sisters horse)
flashy_girl
Groupie
Groupie

Postby sugar » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you need to have a neck reined horse to be eligible, just cross the reins under the neck so the left rein is in your right hand and the right in the left hand.  Then ride the horse that way for a few lessons or if allowed just do it for the competion.  This instantly, neck rein trains horse.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When you put the reins back to normal and use western reining they normally respond exactly as they should.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck with them.  I want to do the same thing with my gaited pasos because they are so fast and just hug the barrel on the turns.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Pasos usually get laughed at, then after you show your stuff, other riders come by on the sly, making inquiries as to what the heck the funny shuffling ponies are.  Unfortunately it will be a while before I get something to haul them to shows with.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it
Save a horse - Learn to train
Pasofinos Rule!!
naughtypine-ranch @ hotmail.com
sugar

Postby sugar » Tue Jul 26, 2005 8:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you need to have a neck reined horse to be eligible, just cross the reins under the neck so the left rein is in your right hand and the right in the left hand.  Then ride the horse that way for a few lessons or if allowed just do it for the competion.  This instantly, neck rein trains horse.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When you put the reins back to normal and use western reining they normally respond exactly as they should.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck with them.  I want to do the same thing with my gaited pasos because they are so fast and just hug the barrel on the turns.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Pasos usually get laughed at too, then after you show your stuff, other riders come by on the sly, making inquiries as to what the heck the funny shuffling ponies are.  Unfortunately it will be a while before I get something to haul them to shows with.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
life is 10% what you make it and 90% how you take it
Save a horse - Learn to train
Pasofinos Rule!!
naughtypine-ranch @ hotmail.com
sugar

Postby Flyin' High » Tue Jul 26, 2005 9:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#haha i was gonna do something like that 2 yrs ago on my old mare!! at the shows i compete at (english shows) there are western gaming events in the afternoon. my mare was FAST and theres an event called the down and back (run to one arena, around a barrel, back up to the other end of the arena)... we would *train* for it at home, cause it was fun for the little kids to watch..... and we definately woulda been going in with english tack... unfortunately, the event was too late after my last class and i didnt wanna make her wait that long, so we opted out!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#long story short - GO FOR IT!!! you may get odd looks, but WHO CARES?? and the best part will be when you beat out the others!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Flyin' High

Postby rusticdust » Fri Sep 09, 2005 12:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The only way you'll get laughed at is if your horse walks the course like mine#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/2.gif"#ed_cl#HAHAHA....Id try it, but if your horse takes the barrel tight you may be riding the barrel instead of the horse. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Random Question, Does anyone ride at Big Creek Saddle Club, or have they ever shown there...anyone?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Three Barrels, Two Hearts, One Passion

Equestrian Is My Life, But Barrel Racing Is My Religion!
rusticdust
Newbies
Newbies

=o)

Postby JessnMarsh » Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've done barrels, poles and the other games in english tack, and no one laughed at me, not even the "real" gamers.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#At one show though, they kicked me out and told me I needed western tack =o(  Some gamer peeled his western saddle off of his horse and put it on mine (LOL!!) then they told me I couldn't go in wearing my english shirt....so someone gave me a western one I put over my shirt and a pair of chaps.  All of this was done ringside by gamers that I didn't even know, they were really, really nice people.  And even though I sucked (compared to them) they all cheered for me.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I really don't think any gamers would laugh at you for having english tack.  Just call ahead and make sure you are allowed.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Jessica#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Somewhere...somewhere in time's own space
There must be some sweet pastured place
Where creeks sing on and tall trees grow
Some Paradise where horses go,
For by the love that guides my pen
I know great horses live again...
-Stanley Harrison
JessnMarsh
Groupie
Groupie

Return to Western etc.