we nee dmore action on this forum!

Eventing

Moderator: EC

we nee dmore action on this forum!

Postby Kobau » Thu Mar 17, 2005 10:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ok so how is everyones riding going? training?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How does everyone get themselves in shape along with their horses?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm fit but i have a crap cardio stamina, so i'm trying to improve that  and that way i find i can ride better....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Thu Mar 17, 2005 3:50 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, starting to ride a bit more - work is slow so the boss is kicking me out early and I make a dash for the barn!  The weather and the footing and the daylight hours are still working against us though - no indoor.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hear you about the cardio - when the weather, daylight, yada, yada, get better, I plan to start running again.  I walked to the library last night (mile, mile and a half?) and the roads and sidewalks were still pretty icy in spots - the roads where the snow melted then refroze and the sidewalks (in town, half my walk is no sidewalks) where lazy so-and-so's haven't shovelled them yet! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm thinking of going for jumping lessons, just to get back into it - but have to wait until we can get the trailer up the driveway, when the snow melts.  Sigh.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Marty_Jones » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:16 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I went riding with *rickie on tues (havent ridden in like 3 weeks stupid icey fields) And Marty was a dream We are still working on suppleing and balance and hes comming along great. At the end of the month we move and I will be living on the same proporty as Marty so I will be able to work with him daily which is so exciting cuz he'll progress really fast cuz hes a smart marty muffin lol. So my hopes are that soon we will be able to canter consistanly and then start to learn to jump. YAY it's only been like 1.5 yrs since last time I jumped. So thats what we are doing.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Mar 18, 2005 7:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well xena is still on walk work because of her leg. Though Ive actually had to stop riding her this week because every time I do ride her its like riding a rodeo horse..... seriously.... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I even have to check about lounging her because shes nuts when I lounge her too. So Im going to call the vet this morning and find out what and how much of whatever she can actually be doing. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She just has so much energy pent up inside that is ready to explode haha. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Fri Mar 18, 2005 12:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well i'm glad others are trying to get into shape also... I have one filly (4) that looks like an eventer prospect, just trying to get her under saddle now(hate the footing) plus my "old " guy, he is 20, thinks is is max 10 though i swear! and we are pounding the feed to him since is still about 300 lb underweight for his size!he is 17.1 and built more like a WB than a stereotypical tb.. and then with him it will be lunging, side reins, tons of hacking since he has a monster stride and we will need to get both of us fit.. and when the ground is good he will be working mainly dressage and starting over low fences( he knows his stuff i'm very rusty when it comes to jumping) and trying to find a good eventing coach etc... think i know of one, and thankfully i have a sis that lives closer to her, so i can stay with sis when i have lessons... but that is a 5 hr drive..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#but yeah... i need to go and walk more and jog!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Fri Mar 18, 2005 3:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That reminds me, #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/4.gif"#ed_cl#I brought an email address into work today, for a coach in my area.  Must send her a query!  My jumping is a bit rusty, too!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Marty_Jones » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:05 pm

tbbrat wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# My jumping is a bit rusty, too!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lol I havent jumper in like a 1yr and a 1/2#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/15.gif"#ed_cl# I can't wait till I get to even do a pole on the ground lol or a x-pole never thought Id be so desperate lol. Oh well Im learning dressage and how to do it proporly right now lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *rickie* » Sun Mar 20, 2005 5:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#MJ....you want poles?? hahaha I'll give you poles....if we can get them outta the ground! hahaha#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley15.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Prepare to regret your want for poles!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley15.gif"#ed_cl# mawwwhahahaha#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kobau » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:09 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#you are in for it now.... Rickie has the evil smiley face!!!!!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I just want to get my big guy up to weight so that he can remind me how to to a fence... but i've already been warned he won't put much effort in until the fences are 3+'...... so yeah need to get in shape!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#BLOCKQUOTE id=5b6f1ec0#ed_cl##ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#/BLOCKQUOTE#ed_cl#
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Marty_Jones » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:49 pm

Kobau wrote:#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#you are in for it now.... Rickie has the evil smiley face!!!!!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I just want to get my big guy up to weight so that he can remind me how to to a fence... but i've already been warned he won't put much effort in until the fences are 3+'...... so yeah need to get in shape!
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#BLOCKQUOTE id=5b6f1ec0#ed_cl##ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#/BLOCKQUOTE#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Yes now im in trouble lol your horse Kobau sounds like my kind of horse... lol I love to jump!!!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:03 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#lol yup the big guy doesn't think it is worth the effort if they are shorter than 3 ft.... course when you are 17.1 it is kinda understandable!... luckily he loves dressage to from what i've seen and heard!!!#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Marty_Jones » Sun Mar 20, 2005 9:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh my lil tb mare ivy(15.2hh) wouldnt try unless it was ove 3 1/2 feet on a good. On a bad day it was like 4ft#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:26 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I have a mare that size... but she figured if you were going to insult her with low fences she was gonna clear em by a mile to show you how high she could go.... think the coach put our training fences up to 5' on certain fences the one day (didn't tell me, knew i'd freak!) and Dolly cleared them beautifully, knees tight to her chest and nicely rounded... after the lesson the coach told me the height and measured them to prove it....I was in shock, the mare is max 15.2 but she made those fences feel like nothing.....thank heavens for powerful hindends!!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#The big guy will make me ride properly, no posing on his back at anytime or he'll either pop me out of the saddle or stop and stand till i do it right...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Winston » Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well since Grandview Horse Trials is right around the corner Winston and I are working on dressage and I think I might work on some jumping soon...like bounces and oxers...I feel for all you peeps who can't jump at the moment, must really suck...anywho keep ridden!!!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Word_Other/6.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Winston
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Kobau » Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:35 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#well my horses are working on getting in shape on their own, withthe weather like it has been here they have been very "active" hehehe#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#as for me i'm working on motivating myself... it isn't going well but hey i'm trying!!!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Eventing

Postby rubberman » Tue Mar 22, 2005 2:09 pm

My wife and I are taking lessons at an event barn after a four and a half year hiatus so that we can get back into eventing in the fall. At the moment I am doing .5 an hour of stationary bike and .5 an hour of treadmill three times a week to increase my cardio. I am also doing a fair amount of stretching exercises in order to increase my flexibility and to allow my hips to open more when doing dressage. I am doing a fair amount of road work with my big Clyde X (he is a field hunter and fox hunts so I am not too worried about jumping him) but he is a little older and on account of his breeding his neck is huge and he is not very flexible so he is also doing flex exercises to get him ready for the dressage test. I have no intention of doing upper level eventing (just pre-training for this year). So I only do it for the thrill of the X country.
rubberman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eventer-at-Heart » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The best way to get fit is to SWIM! It's so great! and it keeps those joints healthy so you can last on XC.i found two nice horses to part board in my area so I'm hoping to start riding again this summer! ... Luckily they both need fitness cuz University has wreaked havoc on my ... well... rather round waistline #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//ermm.gif"#ed_cl# LOL Glad to hear everyone is doing well #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
" I never knew true happiness until I saw a horse"
Eventer-at-Heart
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Kobau » Tue Mar 22, 2005 11:09 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nice to see you in here R'man#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well I know have another horse to get Fit, 10 yr old trak gelding, Rubel, and he is overweight, so it will be lots of hacking and light work to build his fitness and lose some fat, while picture is worked to gain muscle and fitness, and while i work to lose some thing inches and get fit cardio wise!....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#keep us updated all, it is great to hear of others workong on this fitness thing..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#

Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Marty_Jones » Wed Mar 23, 2005 12:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well today Rickie and I went to the barn only to discover that Marty hind left was all swollen so we tried to lung him and low and be hold he cooperated#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl# However he was lame#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/2.gif"#ed_cl#So we satarted to pull his mane. He was awsome when we did too. He could care less about us pulling it. So it was a good day and a bad day too.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/5.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Mar 23, 2005 7:16 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe your lucky that marty lets you pull his mane, Xena goes nuts (too dangerous for it to be worth it) if you try and pull her mane. So I usually just cut it. Heck it gets braided up anyways. Plus im getting to be a pro at cutting her mane well enough that its even everywhere. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Eventing