Eventing barns

Eventing

Moderator: EC

Eventing barns

Postby Kaboo » Fri May 13, 2005 3:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi Guys! Well Im going to be heading off to University next year, and I really dont want to quit riding. I am thinking I will be going to either Queens or McMaster, and I was wondering if anyone knows of any eventing barns around either of those two schools! I love eventing, and I really dont want to stop because after doing cross country, I find hunter boring! So, if anyone knows of anything please let me know!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Thanks in advance!!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Kaboo!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaboo
Newbies
Newbies

Please help!

Postby Kaboo » Sun May 29, 2005 7:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi Guys,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I see I got NO responses when I posted this last time, so Im bumping it up as I am getting desperate now, barns close to McMaster would be great! Please! Anything!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaboo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Kobau » Sun May 29, 2005 9:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wish i could be of help.. but i'm nowhere near that area, so of course have no idea of barns near either university.. Best of luck finding an eventing barn.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Mon May 30, 2005 11:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Are you looking to part-board, take lessons, bring your own horse?  There is Foxcroft just north of Hamilton - they teach lessons, with an eventing slant.  I'm wracking my brain trying to think of others - I think Long Lane Farms is an eventing/breeding barn?  Anyway, there's all kinds of stables around depending on what your situation is.  If you find a stable, PM me and I'll give you the "lowdown", so to speak #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl#.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm in Cambridge now so a bit out of the loop for Hamilton goings-on - but when you get here, go to Dan Patch Tack and stick a note up on their bulletin board - they're pretty much "horse central" for the area!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kaboo » Mon May 30, 2005 5:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for the help you guys, haha I will definatly email you if I find something, I will want all the information you can give! Thanks again!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaboo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Meagan » Wed Jun 22, 2005 5:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't think theres a ton in the Area. I think your best bets are Reschburl or Stonebroke or Foxcroft. I know someone who went to McMaster last year nad boarded her horse at Foxcroft. They have a huge lesson program. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.foxcroftequestrian.com/"#ed_cl#http://www.foxcroftequestrian.com/#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meagan
Groupie
Groupie

RE: eventing barns

Postby vlup » Fri Jul 01, 2005 3:55 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Foxcroft's facilities are really nice, but they're a bit more of a beginner barn and their board it quite expensive. Cross Country field is below par.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
vlup
Groupie
Groupie

Postby tbbrat » Sat Jul 02, 2005 9:54 pm

Foxcroft boards now? I did not know that - they didn't used to. Never been there, mind you, but I know the owner from when I worked at the tack store.
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby vlup » Sun Jul 03, 2005 6:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yeah they've always done boarding.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
vlup
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Kaboo » Tue Jul 26, 2005 7:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey everyone!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Im going to be leaving for school in about a month (McMaster)...Ive tried seraching for all of the barns mentioned (Foxcroft, Long Lane Farms, Stonebrook, and Reschburl) however I cannot find any websites or contact information!!! If anyone can help, please do!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Thanks!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Edited to add that I DO have the contacts for Foxcroft...thanks!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaboo
Newbies
Newbies

Return to Eventing