Turn-out at Dreamcrest

Eventing

Moderator: EC

Turn-out at Dreamcrest

Postby Clio » Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:17 am

I hope this is an appropriate question and that this thread won't get shut down (still learning the rules here...). I apologize if it isn't.

Does anyone here board or ride at Dreamcrest (particularly board)? I'm a bit confused about their turn-out situation; I understand that you have to pay extra for it, and sometimes that only means being put on a hot-walker. But I've also been told that all horses do get turned out, either in pasture or on the hot-walker, and if the horse is not a yahoo out in the field, they don't have to go to on the hot-walker. So, conflicting stories. Can anyone clarify for me?
Clio
Newbies
Newbies

Postby horsemad! » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Why not contact Dreamcrest and ask them directly?  Anything you learn on the boards is only heresay... or possibly only one person's experience with one particular horse.  If you're interested in boarding there - which is the only reason I could imagine you'd need this question answered - you should call them to discuss turnout and other barn management policies.  #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Fri Jun 03, 2005 8:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree with HM, why not just call and talk with someone there?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't board there but I used to ride there for a number of years (lessons, not board)... I was with them when they were in Claremont for 2 or 3 years and when they moved to Port Perry I stayed with them for 5 more years after that. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#From what I remember (at the time) all the horses got daily turnout. I couldn't imagine a place charging extra for turnout?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Clio » Fri Jun 03, 2005 12:06 pm

Thanks guys; you're absolutely right. I'll do that.
Clio
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Kaboo » Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ive been riding there for almost 7 years, and that is something I have never heard of! But just incase, contact them! If you have any other questions, Im sure I can answer lots! Drop me an email at    #ed_op#A href="mailto:kaboohorses@hotmail.com"#ed_cl#kaboohorses@hotmail.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Bye :) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaboo
Newbies
Newbies

Return to Eventing