Canterdown anyone?

Eventing

Moderator: EC

Canterdown anyone?

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Jul 20, 2005 12:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just wondering if anyone here is going to be going up to Canterdown this year?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Andy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We will be there!!! Greg is taking the Frateliner. It will be his first event.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font size="3"><font color="red">

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/andy.hope
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby beccyroo » Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll be at the Canterdown event : ) I'm pretty excited about it... I have an event the weekend before so hopefully Mayflower won't injure herself in any way. With my luck she probably will... I'm entering the PT 80.... or maybe 70... I'm a little nervous about the Showjumping, but I guess I'll enter the PT 80, seeing as I can do it.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rebecca#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
beccyroo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby xena_n_joss » Sun Jul 31, 2005 7:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well good luck to both of you guys! I will see you there!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im going on PT90, so ill see how it goes. The only bad thing about Canterdown is that is has the golf course right there. It always freaks the heck right out of Xena haha. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby beccyroo » Sun Jul 31, 2005 1:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck to you two also : ) ... Hahaha, not only does it scare Mayflower.... but it freaks me out possibly even more! I'm always paranoid that I'll get a golf ball that will hit me. : | #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rebecca#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
beccyroo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Aug 02, 2005 9:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#holy cow, is that your horse in your avatar&nbsp;beccyroo??? I thought you had a little pony, that horse looks giant!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dont worry about the stadium, 2"9 is nothing for most horses. The only thing you need to remember about Canterdowns stadium is that its REALLY tight. Last year for PT80 I trotted half the stadium because it was so tight and slippy and Xena didnt have any studs on her shoes. She still came out 1st for stadium (only&nbsp;6 other horses went clear). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Wed Aug 10, 2005 8:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck at the event guys. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And if you don't like having the golf course next to the event you should try riding one where you go THROUGH the golf course. The Osoyoos Horse trials out in Osoyoos BC, run right thru the course. it is gorgeous cause everything there is desert unless watered. so you are sand catus and sagebrush and then wow you you are in gorgeous green where you follow the path thru the golf course, past the water and the orchard on the south side near the end of it all... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Best of luck to you all.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby beccyroo » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena, and Andy how did you guys do at canterdown?? #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I got third in Dressage, Sixth in stadium... Only two refusals,,, and the second was my fault.. hehe... and First in Cross Country, I was the only one that went clear... Good old Mayflower... :) She got first over all!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
beccyroo
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Terry3025 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yah Beccyroo!!!&nbsp; I am sooooo proud of you! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp; I told you could do it, and you beat you know who too!&nbsp; ;) Congrats!!&nbsp; You so have to come on MSN tonight and give me all the details!!!!!!!&nbsp; Oh and what does first place win you nowadays?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby xena_n_joss » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Andys son got 10th in his division I believe. Congratulations Beccy, that is a really good placing! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I got eliminated. Xena was a total retard, im not impressed. &nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It started out with the dressage test... she warmed up perfectly, got into the dressage ring and went down centerline and tracked right and this stallion from next door, who is on the other side of some trees which are 10 feet away from the arena, decided to tack that moment to tack and and started running up the fenceline neighing and spooked Xena who just lost it from there. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Stadium, went in, horse was absolutely running right through any contact I had, stopped at the second jump, which has a hedge in it, not once, but twice. Even though shes jumped it again. Went around to just 5 and stopped again, it was another hedge.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cross-country was done in the pouring rain and ended halfway through. She just decided she was done jumping aparently. I even took her back to the warm up ring and took her over a cross-after and she didnt want to go over that. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Really not impressed with the attitude that I got from her today. She should have jumped way better than she did. But it was like after the dressage test it just ruined the whole thing or something. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Id like to go to some more events but I need to find trailering. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Terry3025 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 5:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ahh Xena, I'm sorry that it wasn't your day.&nbsp; It's no fun to work so hard for such a long time and to not do nearly as well as you had hoped.&nbsp; It was crummy weather too, so that certainly didn't help your ride.&nbsp; Just think of it as one more experience under your belt!&nbsp; Next year, you guys will blow everyone away!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Postby Andy » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;&nbsp; For his first time out Greg did really well. The objective was just to complete the coarse. His dressarge test was a bit of a bust, but that has never been his strong point. He has only been practicing it for about a month. He got through it but&nbsp;I guess he didn't pick up the trot and canter fast enough and he pick up the wrong lead once. Most of&nbsp; the points he lost were due to time faults. The horse was half asleep most of the day! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is too bad xena but just take it as a learnign experience....&nbsp; Now you know xena will tell you when she has had enough and that she is not fond of running horses near by.&nbsp; Now you can work on some of the problems and improve!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Patricia » Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#WOW Beccyroo....that is fantastic....Great Job!&nbsp; I commend all of you for just being there.&nbsp; I am mortified about those solid jumps that do NOT come down...LOL!&nbsp; Oh and Xena...I would never talk that way about your horse and calling her names and blaming her.&nbsp; Often times it is rider error.&nbsp; Sorry you had a bad dressage round.&nbsp; Sometimes with a horse that is wired or distracted relaxing flat work with transitions&nbsp;brings them back.&nbsp; The weather didn't help much&nbsp;either.&nbsp; Maybe your horse was off mildly and you didn't even notice...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Mon Aug 15, 2005 11:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry to hear about your bad day Xena...but just remember that it happens---just like people animals have bad days too and the two of you were probably feeding off each other and it got worse. Thats when you have to take a deep breath, step back and move on. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#patricia, I can call my horse any name I feel like... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do agree though it is my fault, its my fault because I have not been tough enough with her and now she is starting to take advantage of the fact. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also should have went with first intuition and bought a new bit for her so she has some kind of control. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The most pathetic part was that 2 of the couple jumps she refused cross-country were ones she has already been over. She just decided that she wasnt going. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Its not my fault that there was a stallion runnin up and down the fenceline screaming like an idiot while my horse was trying to do her dressage test... Like I said, her warm up and our day started out amazing. Until that happened.&nbsp; So the dressage test was bad, kind of annoyed but I was like oh well shes great in stadium, never refuses, its her best area... and then she decided not to go over some of those jumps. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh well I guess it will be a learning experience.&nbsp; Me and Happy Appy are taking them there on friday so I can make her go over them. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Terry3025 » Mon Aug 15, 2005 12:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just outta curiosity are the results posted yet??&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh and Josslyn, we should get together sometime since we really don't live to far away from one another!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Terry3025

Postby Andy » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Results are not up on the OHTA site yet: #ed_op#A href="http://www.horsetrials.on.ca/leaderdata.xls"#ed_cl#http://www.horsetrials.on.ca/leaderdata.xls#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ya, that would be pretty cool terry! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ive been waiting for the reulsts as well. I like seeing how everyone else did. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby beccyroo » Tue Aug 16, 2005 8:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've been waiting for the results, pluse pictures. Christina Handley doesn't have any up yet :( ...She has the album and anything but no pictures entered!!! Oh well, I guess I will just have to wait. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
beccyroo
Newbies
Newbies

Next

Return to Eventing