MAJOR EVENTING ACCIDENT!!!

Eventing

Moderator: EC

MAJOR EVENTING ACCIDENT!!!

Postby Marty_Jones » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Has anyone heard any news about Part Time Angel(her horses name)??? Im told she was at an event on xc and fell off and broke her neck in june. Im told shes in a halo thingy to keep her streight. I was wondering if anyone was there or has any info on how she's doing?? So Jingles for Part Time Angel. GOOD LUCK AND GET BETTER SOON!!!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Word_Greetings/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Marty_Jones on Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby flashy_girl » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:33 pm

OMG that sounds super scary and painful! yes anyone who knows plz share!
One of my babies!(well my sisters horse)
flashy_girl
Groupie
Groupie

Postby horsemad! » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's posted on EMG and on COTH.   PTA broke her neck in two or three places when she fell off her mare - Kiss My Tiara (aka Trysta) - at Headwaters.  She is currently at home, in a halo, with nurse, wheelchair and hospital bed.   I would imagine it's going to be an arduous recovery, but PTA is a strong young lady.   #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She posts here occasionally as Meagan, I believe.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Get well soon, Meg.  #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Georgian C » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yea, there's a huge post on equiman. She's back at home and back on the computer being her awesome "Stop all the arguing" self! :D She's wonderful to have online, she kind of makes us sit back and take a deep breath.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just a question: What is COTH?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Georgian C
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Terry3025 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
What is COTH?#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chrono of the horse (COTH) is an message board that is mainly used by Americans and people from other countries.  #ed_op#A href="http://www.chronofhorse.com"#ed_cl#www.chronofhorse.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"Competitive riding should be classical riding at its best." -Charles de Kunffy

"God forbid that I should go to any heaven in which there are no horses." -R. B. Cunningham Graham
Terry3025

Part Time Angel

Postby Danie » Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:33 am

Hi guys#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Im a close friend of the girl you are talking about, and I just wanted
to post and tell you that what you heard was true.  Unfortunately,
she had an accident cross country, and broke her neck. She does wear a
halo for the time being, but is completely otherwise unharmed. I
thought I would tell you all that shes in great spirits, and is feeling
a lot better. Posts have been asked by her to be taken down as there
were too many
rumours and such flyin g around as to what happened, horse and rider
abilities and rude remarks, and that is the last thing she need right
now, So im just going to ask you politely not to give speculations and
such as to what happened, so as not to spark any rumours and such. Its
not fair to her. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Thanks for all your concerns#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Danie

Postby Simply Sensational » Tue Sep 20, 2005 6:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#can you not tell us what happened then? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#a friend of mine was competing against her at that event, but only heard that she hurt herself. Its good to see that shes in good spirits, i have competed against her before at Myrddin.  i'm sure she'll have a good recovery and good to see her horse still out competing as well!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#good luck!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Simply Sensational
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Cheryl » Tue Sep 20, 2005 10:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.equiman.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Forum11/HTML/001693.html"#ed_cl#http://www.equiman.com/cgi-bin/ubb/Forum11/HTML/001693.html#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#  straight from Meghan's mouth er hands....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Cheryl

Postby zooka » Wed Sep 21, 2005 1:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow that is good to hear straight from her that she is doing so well!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Meagan » Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, it's certainly a surprise to find another post on another board, long after the accident. The EC board wasn't loading well for me for a long while and I just hadn't tried since then.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thank you all for the concern and well wishes! I'm doing quite well considering. It's disappointing to have to sell my horse and give up riding, but such an experience teaches you a lot and I'm unbelievabley lucky to face something like this and live through it and learn from it. These past few months have been difficult, but such an experience really betters you as a person. I appreciate every day more than ever before, and whether riding or not, I will always have horses in my life.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I got my halo off a month early and am now in a collar 24/7. I did my first day of physio yesterday. I will admit it's petrifying, and probably will be for a while. You feel so vulnerable and unsafe, not to mention shaky and weak - but hey, it's part of the process. I'm just looking forward to life without any neck apparatus of sorts - and MUCH improved posture to boot! #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/cheeky.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks again for the well wishes and concern guys. It's amazing how much the support of even complete strangers can really lift ones spirits.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meagan
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Marty_Jones » Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good to hear your doing better.... Keep working at it. Good Luck.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~STEPH~

You ask me to show you poetry in motion.... I'll show you a horse.

My horse is better then any guy! he wont cheat, he wont lie, and he listens to all my problems and never tells a soul. Love Marty My 'lil snot head.
Marty_Jones
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad to hear you are doing so good! And recovering early, that is good!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Did you ever think of just leasing your horse out? Instead of selling her? Then she would be able to compete for the next few years while you recover and gain strength... Because you can never say never and there may be a time that you will regret selling her when you are ready to ride again. Even if its just riding for fun. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Meagan » Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:10 am

xena_n_joss wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad to hear you are doing so good! And recovering early, that is good!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Did you ever think of just leasing your horse out? Instead of selling her? Then she would be able to compete for the next few years while you recover and gain strength... Because you can never say never and there may be a time that you will regret selling her when you are ready to ride again. Even if its just riding for fun. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have indeed. Good thinking. That was my plan at first because I love this mare more than anything. However, my neck break turned out worse than we thought in the sense that my neuro surgeon discovered that it was actually broken in a fall last summer, was misdiagnosed and I evented for a full season with it broken, thus it rebroke with minimal impact because it hadn't healed properly. It will take several (2/3) years for me to regain somewhere from 75-90% strength and I will ALWAYS be at risk for another accident. It's been broken twice and is severely weakened and I have come to understand something that no one can preach until they've experienced somehting drastic, and that is the value of my own life. I would never become one to preach against riding, but in my personal situation, for my own safety I really believe I should stay on the ground. I'm keen to ride again, but#ed_op#EM#ed_cl# #ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#someone was clearly looking out for me this time, adn i can't assume it will always be like that. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My horse is in the peak of her career and isn't happy sitting around doing nothing. I truly believe she'll enjoy life more if she continues to gallop around those xc courses, with or without me, and I can find joy in watching her. I of course want to find the best home possible. Through this accident I've also found an interest in the medical field, so the money from selling my horse would help put me through school, and I also plan to put enough of it away to buy her back and retire her later on in life if possible. It's taken a lot of soul searching, but I think this is the best route. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meagan
Groupie
Groupie

Postby PerfectAngel » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#glad to hear that you're doing better! Just a suggestion, maybe when you sell your horse, ask them to let you know if they ever decide to sell her, and let you have "right of first refusal"? I know that is what I would do if I ever had to sell my horse(s), because I would always want to know where they were going....JMO!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck with physio!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry to hear about your accident Meagan....sometimes life doesn't work out quite the way that we had planned! But at least you're on the road to recovery, and it could have been much much worse. Good luck in selling your horse. I've seen several ads posted. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to Eventing