Strangles being passed around at event

Eventing

Moderator: EC

Strangles being passed around at event

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, well this is a dumb post but important! There was an even this past weekend in London area and a horse there had strangles, and its now being spred. Some barns had to be closed. I'm so glad i didn't go, or let someone bring my horse there. It was a low level event. I don't know much about the event but wanted to share.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And does anyone think that getting your horse vac. for it is a good idea?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Strangles being passed around at event

Postby *rickie* » Tue Aug 30, 2005 4:58 pm

Pretty_Pony72 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And does anyone think that getting your horse vac. for it is a good idea?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#If you are showing alot then YES get it!!! When I moved my horse down to the area, I made sure to have it, as I had heard that alot of places had been infected with it. It's only guaranteed to last for 3mths, but it's better than nothing, and if I was heavily showing, or was at a barn with alot of horses comming and going, I'd be paying to have it done every 3mths that's for sure!! It's not worth the chance! But thankfully I'm at a quite barn with no outsides comming in at all!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Centaur » Sat Sep 03, 2005 12:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#Yes I agree !!! get all shots up to date, if you love the horse as much as I love my Lit'll guy and my Arab. GET IT! #ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl# I'm going to be showing my little one as much as I can and he's up on everything, even got Neg on coggins !!! #ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Miniatures are like potato chips--- you just can't have one!!

Miniature Horses are the Real 1/4 Horse !!
Centaur
Newbies
Newbies

Return to Eventing