Questions about Eventing

Eventing

Moderator: EC

Questions about Eventing

Postby HappilyEverAfter » Sun Nov 13, 2005 8:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So I'm more of a dressage rider (right now- used to be a hunter jumper) and I'm finding that I miss doing boith! So I'm just wondering if there are any events where it is just stadium jumping and dressage- no cross country? Are these types of events popular or does a show only qualify as an "event" if its all three disciplines?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I dont know much about eventing but I'm very much into training in multiple disciplines (my pony also goes western very well) so I'm trying to learn as much as I can!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Any explanations or stories etc would be great!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thank you!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
HappilyEverAfter
Groupie
Groupie

Postby horsemad! » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#A true horse trials or “event” runs all three phases, but there are lots of places doing combineds which are dressage and stadium phases only… and some also doing short courses which are dressage and a jumping phase which is combination of stadium and XC jumps.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl# #ed_op#?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#You may find some info on the OHTA website.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.horsetrials.on.ca/"#ed_cl#www.horsetrials.on.ca#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What about the local schooling shows in your area? We have a couple around here that have dressage tests, stadium classes and an optional cross country course. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby HappilyEverAfter » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Our show circuit is stadium/dressage/western, but the classes are placed/awarded individually with division champions afterwards...you dont earn points or anything like that.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Actually- am I right in that you earn points in eventing...or some such system with a total tally at the end?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I could be completely off base! Like I said, I know little to nothing about Eventing!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
HappilyEverAfter
Groupie
Groupie

Postby naughty by nature » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#happilyeverafter i pm'd you #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
naughty by nature

Postby HappilyEverAfter » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gotcha back, Naughty!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
HappilyEverAfter
Groupie
Groupie

Return to Eventing