working student

Eventing

Moderator: EC

working student

Postby naughty by nature » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was thinking about appling to a working student program at some eventing barns.  Just wanted to know if anyone has done this and what they thought of it.  Did you get to ride alot or show.  Also i would be taking my horse with me if possible so if you've taken your horse with you did you have enough time to ride and show them too.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
naughty by nature

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have seen Jennifer Irwin advertising for working students before. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 18, 2005 8:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Depends on the situation. I've heard of some where you ride ride ride and do some chores..others there are more chores involved and less in the way of a riding emphasis, and most of them include lodging and your horse board, but excludes competition fees. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to Eventing